Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512656 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1950 on: September 03, 2014, 02:09:02 pm »

I had a dream in which I was on the forum, and someone had been banned for no real reason (I forget who, though I think it was LSP.). People were calling Toady out as a douche or something, and people started 'disappearing.' I made a post about how we should all just shut up about it and ask him politely, and suddenly someone exploded through my window. He screamed, "TOAD" and then shot me in the genitalballnaughtybits, and I woke up.

Brain. You're home. Go drunk.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: September 03, 2014, 03:10:12 pm »

I see my casting of Dream went as planned.

You have been warned.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: September 04, 2014, 12:19:23 pm »

I took a nap a few days ago, and had a dream that Toady was sad about having to ban so many of his members, and ended up banning himself.

It was like the internet-equivalent of him committing suicide. The community was quickly enveloped in fear and descended into complete anarchy and chaos. Your forum has crumbled to its end.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1953 on: September 04, 2014, 01:49:40 pm »

I had a dream in which I was on the forum, and someone had been banned for no real reason (I forget who, though I think it was LSP.). People were calling Toady out as a douche or something, and people started 'disappearing.' I made a post about how we should all just shut up about it and ask him politely, and suddenly someone exploded through my window. He screamed, "TOAD" and then shot me in the genitalballnaughtybits, and I woke up.

It makes sense that the banned would have been LordSlowpoke, since breaking through windows and violently non-sequituring is their shtick.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #1954 on: September 04, 2014, 05:19:20 pm »

I can't remember much else at the moment, but I think somewhere at the end of my dream journey, I had to transport a whale shark across the apparently Austrian Alps that didn't look like Alps and for whatever reason I started at the top (or I just don't remember the "climb up"), descending down somewhat strangely shaped grassy plains, with a really small brook starting at the top. I think this brook joind the sea at the bottom and I had to transport Sharky there? Well, the brook was slowly growing wider and deeper and eventually I came to a farmhouse that for whatever reason had buildings on both sides of brook/river which in turn was touching the very top of river banks? Well, at that point I and probably Sharky too decided river is wide/deep enough to take a swim. I think he/she was rolled as an armadillo and I kept him/her in a... pocket? Or was it quantum sub-space orbiting my left-up side of my head? Oh and it was totally ok, because he/she was supposedly more whale than shark, that is, air-breather. And ok with non-salty water too, I guess.

So he/she goes in.
I think then he/she starts searching his/hers pocket for iPhone/Samsung Galaxy/some sort of sleek smartphone.
Some swimming down the stream happens. Pictures of lone, old farmhouse(s).
End.
Or is it?

And so it begins. The signs of new kind of religious zealotry.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: September 04, 2014, 08:20:27 pm »

Since I had the dream, does that make me the prophet?

Or the sacrifical lamb?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1956 on: September 04, 2014, 10:31:20 pm »

There's nothing stopping us from sacrificing the prophet. It worked for Jesus, at least.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1957 on: September 04, 2014, 10:34:43 pm »

Dream ended there. I didn't wake up, it just stopped.
Twist ending: You ARE Lotso. You killed them, and thus yourself, and the dream ended when you offed him/yourself.

Voodoo-kill. Wait... Does a voodoo-kill of yourself by proxy of another connected to you like so count as a suicide?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: September 05, 2014, 03:25:54 am »

It makes sense that the banned would have been LordSlowpoke, since breaking through windows and violently non-sequituring is their shtick.

Quote from: Toady One
LordSlowpoke      Sagan 54, 7140      Ban      Turning Scamps into a cow and punching me in the nuts
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 03:34:30 am by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1959 on: September 06, 2014, 08:12:38 am »

I had a dream, a strange one of toothpaste. I was walking through forests and trees of a park, one I recognized but one that had also been overtaken by immense tree growth; presumably it had been many years since anyone had been in it and man had let nature reclaim all but its roads. Whilst gazing at some strange looking geese I had an epiphany and struck upon a great idea for a new brand of toothpaste! Very quickly I was propelled to the status of a multibillionaire plutocrat of dental hygiene, acquired a dozen loyal followers and established my own manor house to the point where I seemed more akin to a toothpaste baron than a mere rich member of the gentry. The grand libraries of Whispers' Manor grew ever larger as my followers acquired more knowledge to be preserved using toothpaste funds, the underground armoury grew in secret using toothpaste funds and the manor itself grew in stature and mightiness as the toothpaste funds looked towards improving architecture.
In spite of all this success, everything was to change when during a rather nice formal dinner that seemed to remind me too eerily of the last supper, ninjas attacked. They appeared from the shadows and corners of all the walls in the room and before long a bloody brawl began between the ninjas and my toothpaste apostles. There must have been over 25 ninjas and only 14 of us, we hacked and sliced with bread knives and captured curved blades (which seemed akin to miniature khopeshes or sickles) whilst they stabbed and launched knives and blades airborne in a flurry of martial frenzy. Before long their superior skill and numbers whittled down our group till there remained only me, and I had already been severely injured. Knowing that I was soon to die if I tried to fight I rushed into the kitchen and let loose the gas taps of hell and threatened to take them all down with me, they fled en masse and sure enough I set the gas alight and faked my own death even as the manor erupted into flames. With such brazen destruction in their wake the ninjas must have immediately fled, with my last unwoken minutes of dream unconsciousness I unlocked the gates to allow firefighters through before slipping into consciousness and waking up.
I never did find out who tried to take my toothpaste.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: September 06, 2014, 08:25:55 am »

I had a dream GlyphGryph posted again.

It was too good to be true.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: September 06, 2014, 07:28:06 pm »

I had a fairly normal dream, I was a reality warper and such.

but at the end things got a bit creepy, I was walking around in a dark building with dark walls and when I was about to walk into a room a dark humanoid with a huge knife appears and slowly walks towards me, I run away and I get outside, there is no sun, there is no moon, I can see the stars yet they give off no light I see the light posts yet they do not shine. I kept running but even though it walked the dark humanoid was always right behind me. I realized I was dream and shook my head violently and woke up.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: September 06, 2014, 07:55:55 pm »

I had a dream where I was on a plastic chair in a spinning vortex. I didn't go into the vortex but I got this sudden fear of jaguars. So I thought to myself that they couldn't hurt me but I was wrong and one of the black cats jumped up and tore my leg. I felt that and screamed in agony as a tiger jumped onto my lap, purring.

Weird.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: September 08, 2014, 08:20:24 am »

Last night's dream was set in some strange, dreamt-up version of New York, possibly after an apocalypse, where there was little or no law enforcement to speak of and the city was torn by constant strife between a few (4 to 7 or so?) colour-coded gangs.

I was a recent initiate into one gang, I can't remember exactly what colour we were but I think it was either orange, purple or red. There was plenty of stuff that went on, but the main part I remember was where myself and another gang member- either a more experienced, tough member or another rookie like me, not sure- had to catch a train to some distant part of the city/other city for some important mission. It started off at a dark, dingy underground station not unlike New York's real-life subways, then became an aboveground train later on.

The people who operated the trains seemed to be the only remaining authority in the city, responsible for keeping the trains running, the tracks maintained, etcetera. They shepherded the gang members (there were a lot of people from different gangs catching this train) and we set off.
My companion and I were nervous, since we were the only members of our gang in our carriage, and it contained a large, boisterous group of the yellow gang, who were bitter enemies of ours (and a bunch of irritating douchebags to boot). However we ended up somehow befriending at least a few of them during the trip, and the only conflict was in fact caused by a couple of tall, hulking members of the blue/navy gang, who entered the carriage and decided to start trouble with me for some reason, despite our gangs being mostly on good terms. I think they disliked something about my appearance.

One of them picked me up and threw me against the side of the carriage, and I was fearing for my life. Somehow I managed to surprise him with a meat cleaver I'd acquired earlier in the dream, the only weapon I remember having, and killed them both with chops to the neck.
This, however, prompted the guards of the train to panic somewhat, and they stopped the train and ordered everyone (or at least everyone in our carriage) to disembark. We were out in unfamiliar territory, an urban wasteland. It was blue/navy territory, and at first I thought it wouldn't be so bad, and was even relieved that we hadn't ended up on the turf of a more hostile gang- then I remembered that I'd just killed two of them.
My friend in the Yellow group found our predicament most amusing. They had strength in numbers, and they weren't overly hostile with the blue gang anyway.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: September 12, 2014, 05:05:56 pm »

So, ummmm. Can someone explain what this is.

So I look out my bedroom window and see about 2-3 inches of snow on the ground, and parked in my front yard are not one, not two, not even three, but four TARDISES. One of the four is bigger than the rest, and the door is open. And out steps my grandfather. Me and him travel to the greenhouse that I apparently have, and my mom is in a hot tub with a thin layer of ice over it. Hanging from every glass pane is one bee hive for every glass pane of the green house, with huge bees in each. With two inch stingers

I got stung and woke up.

And it hurt.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 339