Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512704 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1755 on: July 06, 2014, 11:52:55 am »

Obviously, "camp" was the War Command Tent to remove the scourge of Kevak from your subconscious. Unfortunately, your conscious was not welcome there. He's an untrustworthy fellow.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: July 06, 2014, 12:05:25 pm »

Tawa, before you know it, you'll be jibbering about foxes and licking random people.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: July 06, 2014, 12:15:35 pm »

Nice to know I'm not the only one who ends up with forum members in their dreams.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: July 06, 2014, 12:20:54 pm »

Pretty sure I posted at least one dream like that at some point.

Also I remembered a few details of my last dream, but not really enough to be interesting. It wasn't anything too crazy overall, more of a 'nice' dream as far as I can remember. I might go to sleep soon in the hopes of having one I can remember.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: July 06, 2014, 06:39:10 pm »

AAAAA GETOUTGETOUTGETOUT
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: July 06, 2014, 06:41:18 pm »

I also posted a dream like that a while back.

All I can remember is, I think, that Helgoland was there.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Atomic Emu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: July 06, 2014, 08:24:14 pm »

I usually don't have dreams worth remembering (little more than me being in a dark place surrounded by shadow figures and an intense feeling of fear and sadness), but I had an interesting one few days ago.
It involved my older brother as a member of a metal band on a tour and my twin brother + myself as members of the band's supporting crew. We arrived to a large city several days before the concert was to happen, as this was supposed to be the most important show of the tour and we planned something super special, which needed time to prepare. I remember checking in at the hotel and working on the stage. Everything was going smoothly until the second day my older brother disappeared. We searched for him in the obvious places (his hotel room, pubs near the hotel, etc.), but found no trace of him. After some time the rest of the band somehow came to a conclusion that it was the fault of my twin brother and myself, after which they drove us from the hotel with no money, no phones or IDs of any sort.
We decided the best thing we could do was to find our brother ASAP so all this mess can be sorted out. Several days later we encountered a group of hobos who said they might know what happened to him. They led us under a large bridge in a less populated part of the city, where they explained it was a trap and that they were paid to stop us searching for our brother. We beat them up and managed to convince one of them to tell us what he knew. He said we should go to an old junkyard not far from there to find our answers. The junkyard was huge, with mountains of rusting cars, electronics and an occasional plane. It also contained a small building made of corrugated steel with one door and one tiny window. We broke inside, into an empty room. After a while we discovered a hidden switch opening an entrance to an underground complex with very tight security. Thanks to dream logic, we knew exactly where to go. When we get there (Mission: Impossible style, if it was performed by two clumsy almost-hobos) we find a 5x3 meters all-white room with many small scientific instruments and computers along the walls and a strange device occupying most of the room in the center. I looked through a small glass-like window into the device, where I saw something I recognized as belonging to my older brother (no idea what it was). For a while we looked for a way to open the device, but to no avail. So we did the logical thing and broke it to pieces and took the thing. That activated an alarm and the place started blowing up, so we jumped out of a window on the wall opposite to the door (the window was fake, we were still underground at this point). Somehow we appeared on the surface, having jumped out of the tiny window of the corrugated steel building. I jumped back in, grabbed a piece from the device's window, decided to use it instead of a shoe I somehow lost (despite it being just a small flat glass-like shard) and jumped out again.
We headed away from the city, talking about what happened. As we were approaching a forest, we swore to find those responsible, make them pay for what they have done, get our answers and if possible save our brother. After that, I distinctively remember saying: "Winter is coming, it will be cold soon. I should grow a beard so I can make a coat for myself."
One time skip later, we returned to the city as a (in)famous duo of hobos traveling the land, helping people and fighting crime, while being dressed only in clothes made of our own hair and making snarky remarks.
Then I woke up.
And you gaze up at the sky
As the clouds are passing by
And you wonder for a while
What it would be like to die

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: July 06, 2014, 10:33:44 pm »

I think I have mentioned various sexual encounters with forum members in my dreams at one point.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: July 06, 2014, 10:53:07 pm »

Wat.

* Kevak wonders who

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: July 07, 2014, 02:38:54 am »

It seems in all the dreams I've had for the last years I get close to something then the laws of the universe change and I have to start all over again.
Crack-a-lack-a

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1765 on: July 07, 2014, 05:01:48 am »

So I dreamt of Alpha Centauri, the 4x game; the first time I've had a dream revolve around a game since DF. The dream was looking at the Unity before the splintering of the humans, watching everything look optimistic before slowly going to shit. Eventually the dream started to deteriorate, at one point Vanilla Ice was executed by Spartans whilst singing "Ice Ice Baby," numerous people were suddenly sporting tutus and several high-ranking persons tried conducting diplomacy whilst washing themselves in the shower as if nothing was odd about it.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: July 07, 2014, 10:01:46 am »

I had a dream where I seemed to be trapped in a castle or a mansion with a group of people. Pretty quickly bad things started happening, and at one point I ended up in some type of demonic world which I barely managed to escape. There was also some type of demon woman trying to kill us all. Most of the group died, but I managed to escape on an MI-24 helicopter, since apparently I was a soldier in the Soviet Military, for the rest of the dream I spoke with an obviously fake Russian accent, occasionally slipping back to my American accent.

After arriving back at base (which was in the US, I think) I didn't get much time to rest, and was sent on a mission with a squad. I remember that it was extremely foggy and we could not see 6 feet in front of us. We decided to land at a garage and take their stuff since our supplies consisted of six bullets, and I woke up after grabbing a radio so we could listen to music, because I have my priorities straight. I have no clue what our mission actually was.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 10:03:30 am by Steelmagic »
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1767 on: July 09, 2014, 07:06:38 am »

Had a dream where my house was being invaded by zombies, everything seems to be going just fine with zombies getting splattered via glorious application of hammer, up until I get rushed by this one tall cadeverous lady who seems intent on leaving her teeth in me. And of course my friend just stands there while I angrily try to smash this lady's head into the ground. Fuck you friend. You're not helping.
And then there was this really weird part where someone found guns and then this lady showed up to try and take them from us in something that must be a leftover subconscious routine from all the time I've spent arguing with Americans over guns. Dream bandits came and killed us all while we were arguing.
Good dream.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: July 09, 2014, 07:18:16 am »

Wat.

* Kevak wonders who
I like this thread when it's not locked so I will refrain from talking about it. :x
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1769 on: July 09, 2014, 07:26:37 am »

I had a pretty random dream. There are only two details that I remember properly:

One, visting somebody's house. They had a nice garden, which I spent a ton of time in for some reason.

Two, I was in a relationship, which doesn't normally mean anything to me in a dream, except I actually trusted them in this dream. I don't trust anyone normally.  :-\

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 339