Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512612 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1365 on: March 13, 2014, 04:36:28 pm »

Man, you people are lucky. My dreams make little to no sense, and the little sense they do involves random things from nowhere.

A short collection include:

I wish my dreams made more sense.

... I slightly regret that last one. If it was possible and wouldn't result in death/a concussion, I'd punch my brain for coming up with that one.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: March 13, 2014, 04:42:45 pm »

Man, you people are lucky. My dreams make little to no sense, and the little sense they do involves random things from nowhere.

... I slightly regret that last one. If it was possible and wouldn't result in death/a concussion, I'd punch my brain for coming up with that one.

Yes, because every doctor has a spare female body lying around... :o
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: March 13, 2014, 04:47:40 pm »

Yes, because every doctor has a spare female body lying around... :o

My point exactly.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1368 on: March 13, 2014, 07:02:37 pm »

Re-posting from HAPPY thread; more relevant here anyway.

I had a dream come to me that taught me how to refine my lucid dreaming. Played out very much like one of my games. It was pretty neat.

I was in an enclosed temple kind of environment, tiny slits on the tops of the walls only enough to see clouds outside. Looked similar to what you would see in Unreal Tournament. In the room were 4 pedestals 3 of them with rocks on them. One rock was smooth, like a river rock, but when touched felt rugged and sharp; the other was rough as can be, but when touched was unusually smooth and seamless; there was one last rock which looks like it could never stay upright, especially on the sloped edge it was balancing on. I decided to tip it over and down the slope. It stayed on the slope. I pushed it into the open, and it started rolling across thin air until it stopped at the center of the other empty pedestal across from it.

One other flying dream I had involved me walking on the beach and coming across a rune. Light banded around my wrists, ankles, and back, and the next thing I knew, I was able to fly. The control scheme seemed similar to how I would imagine the Iron Man suit would operate, and it was pretty fun flying around town and enjoying the scenery.
I guess I can elaborate in this thread. The room looked very ancient, yet new; Basically, like the old Mayan ruins, except not ruined. Oddly enough, the only windows were those slits, and there were no doors, until I decided to leave, where when I turned around, there were no walls, and turning back around, the room was gone, and the only rocky surface left of the room became a rock of the same type and texture. The room hid itself on the circumference of the dream's reality, as far I could figure.

Looking back at that dream, I kinda want to play Myst again. Especially the most recent re-re-rerelease/graphics update that would then feature Oculus Rift support. Hell, Uru would even be more awesome with O-R support.

As for flying, it did feel like how the Iron Man suit would work. Maneuver like you're catching a wave, and change your trajectory by pointing your limbs in different directions. Difference with magic runes instead of a suit, it's breezy (like riding a moped or motorcycle). At least it was warm with minimal winds during my dream.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 07:09:45 pm by Itnetlolor »

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: March 14, 2014, 05:57:06 am »

Looking back at that dream, I kinda want to play Myst again.
Why would anyone need a specific reason to play Myst again?

Edit:F.U., autocorrect. A capital letter means it's a name.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: March 14, 2014, 06:19:40 am »

First dream today was... it was great. Forget how it started, but I ended up getting killed and then the fun began! By which I mean I ended up as the most chill alligator, like, ever, and did alligator things for a while. Then I ended up getting killed again, and became a bear! Most notable thing as a bear was getting in a fight with, iirc, a giant otter and the both of us getting wrapped up by some sort of giant snake. Then the snake bit the otter and I forget what else happened for that segment, but it was pretty great fun all around. But the next (and last) segment was the best one.

That one, I ended up body hopping into a dragon, hahaha! It was pretty great. I spent the first bit building a trading partnership with a gorilla. I'd give it edible grasses, and it would let me watch baby gorillas sleep and play and whatnot, which was preternaturally cute (this being a dream, and all. It was totes not creepy, more like watching kittens play.). We also had an arrangement where if the momma' gorilla noticed I was watching, daddy gorilla could net bonus points with the lady by chasing me off, after which we would go hang for a while and I'd give the daddy gorilla more grass to feed his family with. Then a bit of other stuff I can't remember happened (there was a number of transition and filler segments, really. I've forgotten about half the dream, I think.), and I ended up going back to the sleeping island and further neat stuff happened. Water round me started bubblin' and then some kind of anime-ized age of wonders faction started coming popping out of it. One awesome fight scene later (dragon vs. hordes of undead! Plenty of variety, too. Ghosts, zombies, caster-things. Pretty colors, much fun.), their boss comes through and recruits me, so between dimensions I go. Then I start getting ready for the first defense mission, and the kind of pre-fight episode was the locals offering a lesbian couple that had gotten picked up somewhere along the way the chance to get married (undead fantasy land more progressive than home, apparently), and then wedding preparations and conversation between locals and the dynamic sapphic duo. It was delightful, and not nearly as sudden or thematically disjointed within the context of the dream (that I've forgotten already, of course ::)).

And then I woke up. And went back to sleep because it was like two in the morning and dreamed some more, but the rest of them I've forgotten entirely. Pretty sure they were quite nice, too, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: March 14, 2014, 08:02:48 am »

Dang it. I had a dream last night that was insane, and I don't remember it at all other than I think it involved the Simpsons for some off the wall reason.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: March 15, 2014, 12:50:49 pm »

I had a dream that I figured out the solution to a very annoying problem I have IRL right now. Sadly, I couldn't remember the solution after I woke up.

Also, anyone here a therapist? Or willing to maybe try and define the meaning of a dream?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: March 15, 2014, 12:57:40 pm »

I had a dream that I figured out the solution to a very annoying problem I have IRL right now. Sadly, I couldn't remember the solution after I woke up.

Also, anyone here a therapist? Or willing to maybe try and define the meaning of a dream?

The people on Bay12 tend to be the reason other people need therapists. They are not therapists themselves.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: March 15, 2014, 01:00:36 pm »

The people on Bay12 tend to be the reason other people need therapists. They are not therapists themselves.
I always heard that people who are slightly crazy go to see therapists, people who are completely crazy become therapists.

Based on that, Bay12 should be a breeding ground for therapists.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: March 15, 2014, 01:03:15 pm »

Thinking that your dreams have meaning is a good way to get yourself in trouble. But divination is always fun!

I always heard that people who are slightly crazy go to see therapists, people who are completely crazy become therapists.

It's a corollary to the rule of thumb about doctors - the specializations they pick tend to be based on their own problems.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: March 15, 2014, 01:14:19 pm »

No, no. You're thinking of the rapists. Therapists are different.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: March 15, 2014, 02:34:56 pm »

No, no. You're thinking of the rapists. Therapists are different.
...A breeding ground for the rapists.

*shudder*
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: March 15, 2014, 02:51:18 pm »

Please. Remember Obok Meatgod. Rape is something even we don't do.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: March 18, 2014, 09:25:41 pm »

my zeh ultimate dream. c;

I was at home in my attic with some humanoids I know and we were talking, at some point a shadow woman came over and searched deep within my mind, I warned her that she really shouldn't do that but she kept searching farther within eventually she found out that I was some dark ancient being that was nearly invulnerable and even if my physical body was destroyed I could easily recover.

I was now in a library and I was talking to someone I knew in a weird language sounded like growling while gurgling shards of glass, I dont remember much of that part. ;'c

I was now in a church, me and some humanoids did some stuff and I used my abilities to entertain them, but some soldiers attacked, I quickly killed them. We didn't seem bothered by the soldiers being evaporated and watched some TV, we started watching the news and they were talking about me, they apparently discovered my existence and were were arming themselves to kill me.

Later on I went outside I was outside and hundreds of jets came after me, they were using some kind of rare purple substance that could hurt me. My body was nearly destroyed at one point but I got mad and started teleporting onto the jets and threw them so hard that the g forces caused them to explode.

I was then with a bunch of adolescent humanoids and I was changing how I looked so that I could hide from the people after me, I took on the form of a human female so the peoples would have a harder time finding me. (I was very adorable C:)

I went to a restaurant with an acquaintance and the jets shot at me a few times but then flew off, I went inside and one of the employes asked if they had seen me, I told them I hadn't and ordered my food. I woke up and quickly fell back asleep.

I was male again and I found out someone was planning to capture someone I was fond of, so I flewported far away (to another dimension?) and I was now in a city full of sentient ponies, I went to a motel and found something at the end of a every darkening hallway. I heard a beast further within and decided to leave.

I went back to my home dimension and with some humanoids and the one im fond of and some soldier woman in armour grabbed the one i'm fond of and took her away. I was enraged at this point and decided to take on my female disguise again. I was then for some reason in walmart trying on a dress in the bathroom which was stuffed full of other woman also trying on clothes, I woke up the end.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 339