Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567306 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1500 on: May 11, 2014, 06:04:20 am »

I dreamt that all the stuff was in a big hole. Like, you know the fundaments where the WTC stood that's now and empty hole with water? That sort of hole. Eventually most people got their stuff, and all that was left was crates and ducks. These were HL2 supply crates, the ones that contain ammo and health and suit charges and stuff. So I go in and break crates with my crowbar for money, since they were stacked up to the edge in one of the corners. At this point I find a stone statue of Obama. Midget Obama. I momentarily think "Normally I'd add this to my gang" as if I were Dave's bro or something. But then I realize that Michelle Obama has done Obama's weekly speech for him for the first time and I realize that I should return it to her. So I walk over to a hotel and hand over a midget obama statue to her.

Man, I love remembering my dreams. It sucks that I can't remember them most of the time.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: May 11, 2014, 06:28:04 am »

Well, you just reminded me of my dream. I was sort of watching a woman in the desert who was looking for water. She searched, only it felt like I was searching too. Eventually, water was found, and it was spread onto a barren piece of land. I can't write of the inexpressible joy this caused, for some reason.

Then, time skipped forward. The land now was sprouting with some crops, there was a house gleaming white in the sun with a tenant that paid rent, a spring as well.

Then, time skipped forward but this time I knew it was only by about a few minutes. Now, the woman was happy and dancing on the beach in the surf.

Pretty random, I know.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: May 11, 2014, 07:35:51 am »

As per usual, I can never remember much of my dreams, other that the general gist of it.

But I went to a Stephen Colbert "concert" in my dream (whatever a that is), and it took place in that place tributes are interviewed in the Hunger Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: May 11, 2014, 02:14:39 pm »

Short gist of mine from a couple days ago:
On starship (think Galactica, but with a white Star Trek like aesthetic).
Got boarded by... I dunno, a cross between
-(robotic) cylons (they had a chrome/silver color)
-xenomorphs (Alien, the general form and movement)
-the Borg (they were going to assimilate us)

I distinctly remember some marines (who looked like the ones from the Starship Trooper film) getting messily slaughetered. I saw this from a monitor in the bridge.

Unfortunately, my alarm clock woke me before the climax of the story.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: May 11, 2014, 03:24:39 pm »

In my dream I was a detective or some kind of police officer, vaguely. Also towards the end a fantasy adventurer.

I was friends with a demon (or something, she wasn't quite human anyway) girl. She lived with her brother I think he was. Regardless after some unimportant things that I don't remember, I was called to her house with a detective because of shooting. I immediately knew what happened and we went in to the house. The detective opened a door and found her brother laying on the ground injured. He pulled a gun on the detective and was shot and killed. I meanwhile found my friend laying on the ground having been shot by her brother, so I began administering first aid.

Suddenly scene switch, we are now fantasy adventurers out of nowhere. We went around Europe, which had orcs, goblins, and some guys who reminded me of Nazgul. The nazgul guys were nice though, despite how they looked. I and my demon friend go around exploring, helping people, fighting in large battles (often times with the assistance of the cool nazgul looking guys), and bickering over inane shit. Sometimes all at once.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: May 11, 2014, 08:24:28 pm »

I've woken up a few times and gone back to sleep last over the course of last night and this morning, and I can remember at least part of three different dreams.

The earliest dream I can remember revolved around a couple of men who were producing/dealing some terrible drug on the orders of the Devil (or some other demon, perhaps). They roped in another guy to help them, but he eventually started to distrust them and realized they planned on killing him when he was no longer needed.
They just smiled knowingly at him when he confronted them over it, which confirmed his suspicions, but there was nothing he could do.

That dream ended when they summoned their demonic master, his horrifying face (which looked like a character from a certain popular comic) comic through a rift with a bunch of minor demons and twisting the three of them into various grotesque shapes amidst a whole heap of screaming. I remember that one of them turned into a small humanoid with a tophat, and then into nothing but a sentient tophat, and I think the dream followed his/its adventures for a while but I cannot remember.

The second one involved a man (possibly me) who was somehow transformed into a seemingly indestructible, time-travelling android warrior/assassin. I think he almost died or something and was rescued (by them?), and that's why he changed, but I don't remember. There was a whole race of these creatures, who would hop about the continuum, killing targets for money or on the orders of their superiors.

I guess all of them had been human once, but apart from the main character they seemed to have lost all traces of humanity and become merciless killing machines instead. Our protagonist, though, was travelling with a group of humans who he refused to kill when ordered to, and a couple of the androids were sent to complete the task and bring him into the fold.
He defied them and protected his human friends, and thus began a long running battle through space-time with him defending various groups of people from the androids. I can't remember if he somehow transported his friends through time with him, or if he was protecting completely unrelated groups. I just remember that it was pretty badass.

Last part I remember of the dream was he and a group of humans holed up in some large building (possibly an old wooden farmhouse) as a few androids prepared to attack them. I know some of these humans mistrusted him for being an android himself, but he eventually got them to give him a rifle so that he could hold them off while the others escaped.
I think he had found ways to kill his near-invincible brethren, but I can't remember for sure.
A pity I don't remember more of the dream, as it was freakin' awesome.

The last one I can't remember very well, but at one point I was playing some 3D, Super-Smash-Brothers-esque fighting game with my brother. We were both playing as the same character, who I believe was supposed to be Carl Grimes (don't ask me why) and whilst I wasn't very good at this game, my brother (who was expected to win) failed at using his wiimote (or whatever motion controllers we had), fell of and lost- and spent ages complaining and blaming the controller.
The game also involved fishing, for some reason, and it got weirder as the dream went on but sadly I can't remember.
Probably because the last scene involved me using a toilet, and I woke up with a start just as I started to piss myself. >.>
I guess that's what happens when you lie in bed for faaaaaar too long dreaming. Ugh.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SnugglePie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: May 12, 2014, 08:15:14 am »

First dream that I remembered in two weeks. I was in a 4x3 meters room. I was sitting on a sofa. There were some other people I don't know. There was some kind of a screen in a corner to my left. We were all watching a show where people go on dates with random people they never met before. There were mostly ugly and poor people with no education worth speaking of. They complained that their dates weren't attractive, rich and educated enough. We were laughing our asses off.
Then a creepy voice said: "Are you having fun?". I turned my head from the screen. There was Heath Ledger's Joker standing in the middle of the room. He was holding a gun in his right hand. There were two henchmen with SMGs behind him. Joker looked at me and said: "I know how we can make this even more fun.". He aimed his gun at me. I started begging: "Please no, please no. Please let me live!". I was so scared I could barely speak. I was speaking in Czech while Joker was speaking in English for some reason. "Why would I do that?" he asked and put his gun right to my head. "There's no reason to kill me, you won't gain anything from it." I said. "And what reason is there to let you live?" Joker asked while apparently enjoying how scared I was. "Because it's, uh... it's a nice thing to do?" I barely managed to say. Joker didn't seem impressed.
"You know what? We'll play a game. If I win, you die. If you win, you'll live and you'll keep these." he said as he pulled three bank-notes out of his sleeves. He made me hold two bank-notes on my chest with my chin. If I couldn't hold them, Joker would shoot me immediately. Then sat down on a chair in front of me, still aiming at my head. "Now, start counting." he said. I had no idea what he meant. "What? You didn't tell me that. How much should I count to and how quickly?" I asked while I felt sweat getting in my eyes. He tilted his head to a side. I am sure he was thinking "Should I just kill this little bitch and continue with someone else?" Then I woke up.
I've never seen The Dark Knight. I only saw a few bits that would equate to barely a third of the film and that was more than half a year ago.

Edit: I remembered something. When Joker wanted me to count, it was somehow connected to him tossing a coin. I wanted to say: "Hey! Tossing a coin is what Two face (or whatever his name is) does. That's a different villain!" but I woke up just before I could do it.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 08:20:51 am by SnugglePie »

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: May 12, 2014, 09:40:17 pm »

I managed to induce another Lucid Dream. In this one I found myself at some sort of academy where pretty much every student had riduculous powers or abilities, and were always having huge and awesome fights, because my brain. In other words, I basically got thrown into some anime for a night.

Despite being self-taught, I'm really good at doing stuff in LDs, (like flying,  magic, summoning, teleportation, waking up, staying asleep, etc) It was a lot of fun. A lot of crazy and weird plot elements took place, so I won't go into detail here, but it still feels good to kick ass, even if you're basically inside yourself.

Also, I woke up feeling elated that morning. LD high is best high.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1508 on: May 12, 2014, 11:50:26 pm »

After enough LD'ing, I've come up with a few different dream-based things here and there (including developing a means of traversing the multi-meta-verse of the dreamscape; It's slow progress, but it's enlightening, and awesome. It's like reading Heaven's instruction manual.), that I can use as a quick-access kind of deal. Among them is a gallery of equipment and such; think The Matrix meets Men in Black meets Doctor Who. Of course, for personal tastes, my gallery is an illuminated black space (everything's lit up, there's just infinite black, not white; though for more vivid color-based things, I also have a 50% grey zone as well to really tell the colors apart; best applies to car and (air/space)craft galleries and such). I thought a blank white space was a bit overused; Wanted to change things up.

It's pretty awesome when you find something awesome in one dream, make sure to remember it, and find it in the gallery at a much later time. Child-me had some pretty awesome stuff; some were even prototypes of some present-day ideas, like a quantum magazine/clip in a gun, allowing for a sidearm to fire countless bullets without reloading, along with elemental modification. I also had some pretty odd, yet pretty awesome things that had random properties as well. My childhood contributed some of my more bizarre dream tools/weapons/armor.

After enough experiences with it, I've developed my LD'ing abilities to allow for accurate simulation of all sensory function, including ESP functions like psychokinesis and such. Makes for some rather interesting dreams. For starters, imagine being awoken in your dream by a spider the size of a house, and it's all jumpy and cheerful like a little dog. *Shudder* I never thought I could get tired in a dream before, I never ran so fast. Didn't help that some sort of exotic creature tamer I apparently knew there tamed this thing, and it's their favorite pet. That guy was an asshole for letting their pet spider wake up their arachnophobic friend like that.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 11:54:53 pm by Itnetlolor »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: May 13, 2014, 01:43:42 am »

So apparently I was a Warhammer 40000 space marine last night and fighting these swarms of flying rat things, ended up landing on the ground where I kept getting gnawed by the bastards (stupid dream causing me pain!) before this cute little kitten would jump on me and tear the rat off and eat it. At first I thought the kitten was attacking me but then I realized it was grabbing the ones that were burrowing into me.

Badass little cute kitty :3
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: May 13, 2014, 01:45:18 am »

Damnit, I had an awesome dream last night but can barely remember it.

I know there were a whole bunch of local bands (two of which I remember being real, the rest dreamt up) playing in some sort of big contest (battle of the bands style)/tour thing, and then it culminated with members from a bunch of different bands getting up on stage to perform together. For some reason I remember that the drummer was pretty much a giant, and had propelled his kit across the stage by the end of the set.

The dream ended when I tried to get out of my seat (it was some sort of cinema-style auditorium) and collapsed on the floor due to my legs mysteriously not working. I shouted at them to work, which didn't help, and then began dragging myself across the floor at which point I woke up.

...I actually remembered a lot more of that dream than I expected to.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: May 13, 2014, 12:51:16 pm »

I had another dream where I was a detective.

I was a detective investigating a series of murders with my partner, important gang members were being killed. While this may not necessarily be a bad thing, we had to investigate it anyway. Eventually we determined that the murderer was another gang member and an informant for us. We brought him along to help us take down another gang member, and told him that this guy was the killer to make him feel safe. We went by boat and ended up in a large firefight with this other guy and apparently decided fuck backup we've got this. Our informant/killer "friend" eventually shot him in the head with a sniper rifle. I then revealed that we knew informant was the real killer, cuffed him, and tossed him into the boat. Which he proceeded to drive away in. Fortunately I shot him in the head with my standard issue sniper rifle, and he respawned a short distance away.

Oh, by the way informant guy respawns when you kill him. I then ran up to him and yelled at him to get on the ground, but he ran so I shot him with my standard issue G36 assault rifle while my partner shot him with a pistol. He respawned again and my partner blew him a few hundred feet into the air with standard issue explosives, he landed unscathed and said "Maybe I should be a stunt double" as he stood up. I kicked him down to the ground and responded with "Maybe a stunt double could help you go fuck yourself" as I cuffed him and threw him into the back of a nearby car that I and my partner stole commandeered.

Then I woke up. For some reason I vividly remember "Maybe a stunt double could help you go fuck yourself."
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: May 14, 2014, 08:10:36 pm »

Just had a weird dream which started off with me in the army, fighting in some war or other.
I had various different guns, for some reason; I remember a big m4-looking thing, except especially chunky and with a fancy red trim, and what looked like an SMG but was actually a rapid-fire shotgun. Anyway, me and my squad wandered through some desert country fighting the enemy, no idea what our exact objectives were. I remember one firefight with me firing my guns around a doorframe at a bunch of insurgents, I can't remember if my squad was with me or not.

Eventually we were defeated(or maybe I'd been seperated from my squad), and I did a Jon Snow and begged for mercy, joining their cause whilst telling myself I'd get back at them later. It worked, and I travelled with this rag-tag bunch of insurgents(?) for a while, gaining their trust. I don't think we actually fought any of my old allies in that time, although I don't remember.
After a while they were planning some big attack using remote explosives, and a plan quickly occurred to me that I could activate one carried by my teammates and blow them up, then join back up with the soldiers we were attacking. They didn't trust me with the explosives at first, but I think I convinced them somehow, since next thing I remember I had surrendered to my original allies and was taken to some rather odd military base.

I was having either a debrief or a medical checkup, or a mixture of the two, with a couple of stern-faced officers sitting opposite me at a plain-looking table. The base had a strange sort of layout, it was like a compound home of sorts, with separate buildings connected by a courtyard and pathways(a bit like a house I used to live in, come to think of it). It seemed strangely laid-back and festive for a military base.

Anyway, I was quickly distracted from this important debrief by a cat. There was an odd-looking cat caged in the room, a bright blue colour with streaks of green, and I went over to play with her. Apparently she'd gotten into the base and ran around getting into all sorts of mischief before they'd finally caught her and locked her up, the two officers explained to me, trying to get my attention. The cat didn't really like me, attempting (and perhaps succeeding) to bite me through the cage, although I didn't mind.
I let her out, paying no mind to the two officers, and followed her around the base for a while.

I guess they forgave me eventually.
The next thing I remember was a scene with tall skyscrapers. Not sure if the place was somehow part of the military base, nearby, or what- or maybe it was a completely separate dream, although I don't think so.
Superman and Spiderman were battling some superpowered foes between the buildings, although no-one paid them much mind.

I remember being in the upper storeys of a building, which for some reason was made from wood and fancy glass windows, like the back of an old ship. It was there that I encountered the 'goombles', which were strange creatures looking somewhat like inverted persimmons with a face. Not sure where they at first came from, but there was at least one human who cared for them, and I think the cat did, too. By the end of the dream there were a couple of large families of goombles.

Anyway, a bit later with whatever badguys dealt with, Superman was trying desperately to get Spiderman's attention.
You see, they'd been planning a party- for Halloween or something, I think, or maybe a birthday- and it was gonna be off the hook. But right now, Spiderman was more interested in chatting up some tiny anthropomorphic cricket/grasshopper girl, and was hopping all over these buildings to follow her around.
Superman tried dangling various spider-treats off the roof of the building to no avail, and pleaded with Spiderman to come.
He briefly got his attention by mentioning one of the girls invited to the party planned on dancing naked, but the grasshopper-girl distracted him again. I don't know how this ended, sadly- did Superman drag Spiderman along to the party? Did Superman go on his own, giving up on Spiderman? Or did Spidey make like a real spider and eat the anthropomorphic cricket before heading off to party down?
I have no idea. I also have no idea why this dream got so weird.

Last thing I remember before waking up was some sort of monsters living in the skyscrapers, which would have devoured the baby goombles if not for their (rather fearsome) parents protecting them. I think the adult ones had arms, and maybe legs.

This dream was kinda messed up. O.o
Booze is Life for Yoink

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1513 on: May 16, 2014, 01:52:21 am »

This was a weird dream, and one rather unique amongst them for actually having little occur in it. Before I've punched manticores in the face after falling down a cliff or had lucid dreams of chinese demons and rainbows,  here it was just me writing in dim yellow light of the first house I can remember,  an old Georgian house. There I was writing over an old oak table we replaced with a shitty glass one long in the present (nice to see even my subconscious remembers it fondly), when the perspective changes from me to that of a renown modern footballer who uncannily resembled Sacha Baron Cohen leaving the field in good humour and ended with a suffragette burning shit down and throwing herself in front of a carriage.
I'm not sure what exactly inspired such a dream, but it appears my brain is good at making story ideas when I least expect it.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: May 17, 2014, 07:17:23 am »

DF2014 Dream No. 6.
Among a plethora of other things.

In no particular order, there were following things happening in this dream:

- I was thrown into a world that aesthetically resembled both Minecraft and Roblox. I was riding a train (which looking fairly realistic, even though it was the steam-powered one.) through some snowy area (I think), which was of course perfectly flat. The tracks also curved on a dime, Minecraft-style, because again, dream logic.
As I was driving the train (at a fairly slow pace), a ton of animals like dogs and cats were getting on the tracks, but luckily weren't stupid enough to stay there long enough for me to drive over them.
After some time I rode through a tunnel and the train got stuck at the end of it, and I ended up in some sort of enclosed valley. I started wandering it until I found some cave but it was blocked by pitch black blocks of all things. I then removed them, Space Engineers-style and entered the cave. It was very dark, and after a few seconds I saw some kinda black-and-purple ghost cat and realized I was playing some sort of game because there was a webcam of me going nuts in the top right corner (and I don't even have a webcam, lol). At that point the dream shifted into something else.

- I was browsing the main Bay12 page and noticed that Toady set up an official DF channel on IRCc where we could celebrate the release of DF2014 (which IIRC happened on 14th of June in the dream...inb4 that's the release date.). I think that the forum layout was changed as well, being much more gray. Can't remember much about that part. Eithe r way it was about DF2014 so my dream-counter goes up again.

- I was wandering through my..."town" (it's not a town, it's more like a village, really) and met one of my old friends. We then began wandering through the village (and it became really hot and I was still wearing my raincoat, for whatever reason). We were walking towards the train station (since that's where she lives) but somehow ended up in a place that's basically on the other side of the village (which I think may have appeared in one of my earlier dreams some months ago...not sure) with a few other people I can't quite remember. Afterwards my friend was gone and I was on a gas station with my mom, where we bought some water, coca-cola and I think I was looking at a shelf with a "skull-flavored" Milka chocolate and was about to buy it, but after that I woke up.

I think there was a fourth "subplot" in that dream, but I'm not very certain. (I may have woken up within that dream (Inception-style) and accidently also woken up, sister and her boyfriend who were supposedly visiting us, but I'm not sure in which part of the dream that has happened.)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 07:37:00 am by DarkDXZ »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 339