Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28

Author Topic: BM XXXVI: The Dirge of the Dead -- Scum Victory!  (Read 85056 times)

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVI: Day 2, Deliberations Continue
« Reply #315 on: September 20, 2012, 04:43:22 am »

I believe that time has come. I am tired of this pointless Defence.
Shorten.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 20, 2012, 05:38:30 am »

At a certain point though, it's just not going to happen, and everybody wants to get done with the day and move on.
So I take it everyone wants to shorten and end it before day end without acting then?

2 more votes to end day.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 20, 2012, 07:52:00 am »

Pretty much.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 20, 2012, 09:13:40 am »

King: When you give up, you lose. If you never give up, sometimes there's a light at the end, and it's not death. It sounds stupid, but if you're not trying, then we don't want to keep you alive. That's why Kamin is alive where you're not about to be. He tried ever so slightly.

I mean, if you wanna give up, then I'll shorten too. It's just a shame though. Sometimes there's no way out, but you keep fighting just in case. It's happened to me plenty of times. Sometimes I did get out, sometimes I didn't. Hey. At least I tried.

Did you?

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 20, 2012, 04:38:44 pm »

I believe that time has come. I am tired of this pointless Defence.
Shorten.
Have it your way.
shorten

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 20, 2012, 06:35:35 pm »

King: When you give up, you lose. If you never give up, sometimes there's a light at the end, and it's not death. It sounds stupid, but if you're not trying, then we don't want to keep you alive. That's why Kamin is alive where you're not about to be. He tried ever so slightly.

I mean, if you wanna give up, then I'll shorten too. It's just a shame though. Sometimes there's no way out, but you keep fighting just in case. It's happened to me plenty of times. Sometimes I did get out, sometimes I didn't. Hey. At least I tried.

Did you?
I tried. I tried very hard. I tried my hardest to acquit myself and lynch Kamin. But, I think everyone, including me, is sick and tired of this. Look, I really wanted to keep going. But I can see it is pointless to.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 20, 2012, 07:57:22 pm »

Did you?
I tried. I tried very hard. I tried my hardest to acquit myself and lynch Kamin. But, I think everyone, including me, is sick and tired of this. Look, I really wanted to keep going. But I can see it is pointless to.
Pointless why? What is pointless about dying?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 20, 2012, 08:35:33 pm »

That's why Kamin is alive where you're not about to be. He tried ever so slightly.

Say what.

A post filled with asskissing after days of lurking followed by days of lurking is just enough to count as trying?

kingfisher1112 is hampered by ability, not effort, and the exact opposite is true for Kamin.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 20, 2012, 10:11:28 pm »

That's why Kamin is alive where you're not about to be. He tried ever so slightly.

Say what.

A post filled with asskissing after days of lurking followed by days of lurking is just enough to count as trying?

kingfisher1112 is hampered by ability, not effort, and the exact opposite is true for Kamin.
Gonna have to disagree with that one. King has shown self-preservation to be far more vital than necessary.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 20, 2012, 10:46:22 pm »

The map whistles nonchalantly. For those of you who look, see nothing but a flat sheet of paper with it's corners folding and undulating.

Weird.

Quote from: Vote standings:

• Nerjin (0) -
  • wsoxfan (0) -
  • Kamin (3) - wsoxfan, Jim Groovester, kingfisher1112
  • kingfisher1112 (4) - Kamin, vodot, webadict, Nerjin
  • webadict (0) -
  • vodot (0) - 
  • Jim Groovester (0) -

Not voting:

Between the hour of the Lynx and the Falcon.

((Day 2 will end at September 19, 2012 [Friday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

9 hours, 14 minutes and 32 seconds from the time of this post until day end!

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 3

3 votes needed to extend the day
4 votes needed to shorten the day

Praise be, for Think's LurkerTracker! Under momentary reconstruction and maintenance! Useable if you use it on the first try, it seems))

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 20, 2012, 11:35:34 pm »

Shorten

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVI: Night 2: Purged?
« Reply #326 on: September 21, 2012, 12:32:03 am »

"Eeep!"

The same hue of red appeared around Sir Xavier's name as the heavy footfalls of the Marshall approached.

"Have ye all decided?"

"Yea, verily."

"Very well."

Sir Devon's hands clasped around something hidden behind his back -- not the hilt of his sword, though -- and revealed a wooden box. It was embellished with gold and amber lining. The seal of the King was broken down the middle as the Marshall opened it.

"This is the locket belonging to my beloved. Sire, I ask you to fetch it from that pot over there," he said, pointing to a blackened cauldron about the width of two men and half as high, "through the ordeal of boiling water."

"Get your heirloom, if wounded, I'm guilty. If not, I'm safe?"

"Aye. Judicium Dei, my friend. But under different conditions than what you know...Special case, and all."

The Knight beat his right hand on his chest as a salute as the Marshall grasped the locket and threw it into the cauldron, leaving a sonorous ringing as it sank to the bottom. You could hear Leon's breathing as he stood, perched adjacent to the cauldron, imagining the heat he was feeling from the thick steam.

"Now, Sire. We've but little time. Remember the drink I- let you all have? They were prepared with Wintersnap, an herb growing on the high mountains of the north. Now, this means there are only two conclusions. You get harmed, or not. All within the sanctity of this place.

"Ready?"

"Drop."

With the aid of the people nearby, the Knight's arm plunged hand-first into the boiling water. Any reaction he had was muffled by the hiss of the water and a dense cloud of steam engulfing him.

Suddenly, the sky turned dark, attracting the eyes of every spectator. The sun was blocked by a strange disc-like object, covering the world in darkness. Cries and screams came from the commoners gathered around you, which the attending guards hushed as attention was brought back onto the persecuted.

"I've your trinket. Now release me."

Sir Leon stood upright, his naked arm holding the Marshall's locket which glistened in the light of the flames.

"Witchcraft.""Strange...an eclipse." Magic.Lies...""Blight!""No, sire, I can see it too.""He cheated! I saw it! I think..."
"Do you think he's up, now?""Take him in!""Must surely be his doing.""To the dungeons!"

"Silence! I will have none of this superstitious tomfoolery until this trial is finished! Everyone of you, take to your quarters. I will personally see to this place that nobody is out and free. A guard at every man's door! This is not wizardry or whatever you see it as!

"Well? Move!"

Unbidden by the order of the Marshall, you all head back into the Keep, your leader directing you all into the Great Hall as you see the Knight being taken into a different corridor, flanked by people in black plate.

"This place is barred on the outside, lit on the inside. Whatever happens, I'll know. Take any corner of this place, you all sleep here. Map will keep watch."

• Nerjin (0) -
  • wsoxfan (0) -
  • Kamin (3) - wsoxfan, Jim Groovester, kingfisher1112
  • kingfisher1112 (4) - Kamin, vodot, webadict, Nerjin
  • webadict (0) -
  • vodot (0) - 
  • Jim Groovester (0) -

The hour of the Falcon.

kingfisher1112 has been /lynched/! He was a Vanilla Townie!

Sir Leon "kingfisher1112" Xavier

You are a Knight of the Iridescent Flame {Normal Town}, one of the recent neophytes in the monastic order. You have always been known to be loyal to the King and to his vassals, now having the power to speak your own in their presence. However, due to recent events, your only weapon now would be your tongue and your oath of chastity.

((You are of the Town Faction! You cannot act at Night, being a Vanilla//Normal Townie))

((Night 2 will end at September 24, 2012 [Monday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

The game has entered the night phase, no one may post during the night phase and the thread will be locked to ensure as such.

Please submit your actions via PM, if any. The Night will end at the time stated or until all probable actions are sent in. The Night will not obviously end on the Weekend.))

"At least I'm safe in your hands, sir knights!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVI: Day 3, Enter the Green Requiem
« Reply #327 on: September 24, 2012, 09:15:08 am »

"After darkest night..."

"Wake up! Wake up! Sire Mendel yet fails to stir!"

The cries of Map brought you all here, gathered at the sight of one of your own, dead at the eastern wall overlooking the countryside. There were no visible marks of wounds or cuts on him, but his body is splayed out in an odd-angle, as if trying to scramble away from something. A pouch of herbs was found, crushed under his body along with most of it's contents, now rendered rotten and spoiled save for three. They were herbs, grown in the same place as the structure you all reside, as said by your leader as he inspects the corpse.

"Still warm, whoever has done this is still with us. The killer is among us."

After a prayer for the dead, you are led out of the Great Hall, the burden heavy on your shoulders as you wonder how he could've died without any of you even knowing. Map explained that it didn't see anything -- despite not having eyes, it could sense the outside world within a forty yard radius, whatever a yard is.

Though, your leader heads down a different set of pathways, verging from that leading to the Courtyard, crossing up and down several stairwells only lit by burning torches and bereft of the light of the sun.

"We're dealing with a powerful enemy here. I'm a fair man and I'd like to see things done where anyone can win this.

"We're heading to the Inner Chambers. A place built during the foundation of this sanctuary here, said to house...immense power."

"What power may that be, sire?"

"We'll find out when we get there, won't we?"

As you pass another hallway, you can hear the screams of a man echo in the distance. The dungeons aren't an inviting place, indeed.

((webadict has been slain! He was the Town Doctor!))

Sir George "webadict//markressler" Mendel

You are the Apothecary of the Iridescent Flame {Town Doctor}, a noble and trusted man in the eyes of the commoners and of your fellow knights. Your knowledge on herbal lore and treatment of the wounded have been crucial to the survival of your order, being able to heal the most grevous of wounds and maladys. Your trustworthiness has given you free passage of the order halls during the hours after twilight, due to recent events.

((You are of the Town Faction! Every Night you can choose to Protect any individual, except yourself from the Mafia Nightkill, thereby saving the target if the same target was singled out for death during the Night.))

• Nerjin (0) -
  • wsoxfan (0) -
  • Kamin (0) -
  • vodot (0) - 
  • Jim Groovester (0) -

Not voting: Kamin, vodot, Nerjin, wsoxfan, Jim Groovester

The hour of the Rooster.

((Day 3 will end at September 27, 2012 [Thursday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

71 hours, 59 minutes and 21 seconds from the time of this post until day end!

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 0

2 votes needed to extend the day
3 votes needed to shorten the day

Praise be, for Think's LurkerTracker! Used once per browser, every other attempt seems to fail until...some time later.))
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 10:37:01 am by Tiruin »

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 24, 2012, 09:42:41 am »

Bah post time.
@Kamin: You are scum.
@Vodot: You are scum.
@Jim: Oh stop you *Blushes*
Bah bah scum sheep have you any scum? Yes sir yes sir I've got two. One is an asskisser and the other is a sap.
I will be watching. Have fun, and keep calm.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 24, 2012, 09:44:43 am »

Quote from: OP
You may make a single 'bah' post after you die, however, it must not contain any game-related information.
Yes, this means your speculation or opinion. You can comment on your demise, though.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28