Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28

Author Topic: BM XXXVI: The Dirge of the Dead -- Scum Victory!  (Read 85078 times)

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVI: Day 2, Deliberations Continue
« Reply #300 on: September 19, 2012, 07:34:00 am »

Extend. People are going to lurk now because they think I am done. I really do not want that to happen.
So instead of trying to give us a good argument about why Kamin is scum and you're not, you just ask for an extend.  Also, accusing Kamin of kissing vodot's ass isn't going anywhere as far as I'm concerned. Kamin was going at Vodot for a good part of the game-his change now is largely due to a lack of evidence that Kamin can use without showing his true colors.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 19, 2012, 09:24:41 am »

Everyone is lurking now. Look at it.
And look at it. Kamin, as soon as a sign of danger comes about he gets down and kisses ass. It is scummy as ever loving fuck.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 19, 2012, 01:32:12 pm »

And look at it. Kamin, as soon as a sign of danger comes about he gets down and kisses ass. It is scummy as ever loving fuck.

Mud-slinging is pretty low-form. If you're not scum [I'm sure you are] than you're sort of rude. State your case or don't insult people. It's impolite.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 19, 2012, 04:24:04 pm »

Well, if everyone's lurking, then we've got six scum don't we? Get off your high horse. Because you're being in Nerjin's words, a jerk, that's scummier than trying hard not to be one. You are being extremely aggresive. That leads to certain thoughts-and the more this goes on, the greater incentive there is to believe that you are scum.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #304 on: September 19, 2012, 04:51:09 pm »

Hey all, just wanted to shoot you a quick message letting you know I'm still around! I've been doing some much-needed reading up.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 19, 2012, 07:00:23 pm »

Fine then.
Kamin, for this entire game, has had it in for Vodot. Most of his votes have had very little reason for attacking Vodot. It was his primary plan of attack. He has been trying to get rid of him since nearly the start of the game. And now he has more than one vote on him, he tries very hard to get his vote. Why? Why would a townie show emotion to get himself protected? Answer: They wouldn't. Scum would try to appear remorseful and embarrassed, and get some poor sap in on it.
However, Vodot has fallen for it. Why? Because he is also scum. Vodot has been putting on the guise of a really good townie the entire game. He also did try to start an attack on the IC's, and an attack on a lot of people.

@Ner + Sox
Get off your high horses. Acting like you are the arbiters of being polite is annoying. Jim has pretty much used those exact same words, so go annoy him about it.

@sox
May I please refer you to the ' Shorten' option. Go ahead and use it if you want me dead RIGHT NOW.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 19, 2012, 07:06:59 pm »

Fine then.
Kamin, for this entire game, has had it in for Vodot. Most of his votes have had very little reason for attacking Vodot. It was his primary plan of attack. He has been trying to get rid of him since nearly the start of the game. And now he has more than one vote on him, he tries very hard to get his vote. Why? Why would a townie show emotion to get himself protected? Answer: They wouldn't. Scum would try to appear remorseful and embarrassed, and get some poor sap in on it.
However, Vodot has fallen for it. Why? Because he is also scum. Vodot has been putting on the guise of a really good townie the entire game. He also did try to start an attack on the IC's, and an attack on a lot of people.

So if you go after only one person you are scum. If you go after multiple people you are scum. Doesn't leave much room to meanuver.

Why did you try the emotion thing as well? Pot calling the kettle black perhaps?

@Ner + Sox
Get off your high horses. Acting like you are the arbiters of being polite is annoying. Jim has pretty much used those exact same words, so go annoy him about it.

Don't talk about Buttercup that way. She is very sensitive about her height. Besides there is a difference between being logical and upfront and being hateful. I understand where you're coming from but the thing is you don't have to be quite so rude. It doesn't help anything and may even get you in more trouble as the super-heavy reaction may be seen as a scum-tell.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 19, 2012, 07:11:44 pm »

Mod Is there a limit to how many extends can happen per day?

I'm thinking maybe we should just shorten. King seems to be out of empty rhetoric to throw at us if he has to resort to such weak arguments. Or should we just wait?

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 19, 2012, 07:13:29 pm »

@Ner + Sox

@sox
May I please refer you to the ' Shorten' option. Go ahead and use it if you want me dead RIGHT NOW.
I'm not telling you to be more polite or I'll lynch you. I'm telling you that being a jerk can be a scum tell. And if I wanted you dead, I'd have shifted my vote from Kamin to you, true? What I'm saying is that while I find some things weird about your actions, I find that scumtell from Kamin much more. I'm using this time to feel around, to see if you're town or not.

vodot

• Bay Watcher
  • I am here for the status
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 19, 2012, 09:02:05 pm »

Don't mind if I do.  Shorten it out Yo.

I wish I had canceled my previous extension vote.  I had really wanted that for the cycle before this one. Shortening seems ick, and I'm not speaking for everyone, but I really do think I've personally seen enough to lynch King and wait for the flip.  My brain hurts from this 100-post D2 of hugeness.  If anyone feel strongly enough to make a serious case that I should switch back to Kamin, I'm listening.  It is certainly possible that my ass is just being overly responsive to smooches, but I haven't heard anything really compelling so far. 

I would like to hear back from sox and/or Jim before anyone else votes to shorten. 

Jim, are you still voting Kamin over King even after this post?  Why?

King, feel free to elaborate on that nasty bit of last minute OMGUSing you're doing; it's so vague that I'm not even getting excited about it.

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 19, 2012, 09:17:26 pm »

Don't mind if I do.  Shorten it out Yo.

I wish I had canceled my previous extension vote.  I had really wanted that for the cycle before this one. Shortening seems ick, and I'm not speaking for everyone, but I really do think I've personally seen enough to lynch King and wait for the flip.  My brain hurts from this 100-post D2 of hugeness.  If anyone feel strongly enough to make a serious case that I should switch back to Kamin, I'm listening.  It is certainly possible that my ass is just being overly responsive to smooches, but I haven't heard anything really compelling so far. 

I would like to hear back from sox and/or Jim before anyone else votes to shorten. 

King, feel free to elaborate on that nasty bit of last minute OMGUSing you're doing; it's so vague that I'm not even getting excited about it.
I'm sorry. What'd I miss now? If you're asking why my vote's still on Kamin, it's largely for stating that I wouldn't get NK'd. At this point, I'm certain that one of the two is scum, and while I'm pretty sure it's Kamin, it we lynched King and he flipped scum I'd have no leads.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 19, 2012, 10:11:19 pm »

Kamin was going at Vodot for a good part of the game-his change now is largely due to a lack of evidence that Kamin can use without showing his true colors.

Yes, but isn't it the least bit curious that Kamin did it in the first place?

His case was crap, but he only had this realization after I told him it was.

And his case still is crap, since you seem to have missed that he still thinks vodot is scum.

I'm telling you that being a jerk can be a scum tell.

Nope. Players are jerks. Alignments aren't.

We're not here to sip tea and chat about polo, we butt heads and aggressively get answers. Sometimes things heat up and we turn into jerks. This happens to everyone regardless of alignment.

Because you're being in Nerjin's words, a jerk, that's scummier than trying hard not to be one. You are being extremely aggresive.

Being a jerk =/= being aggressive.

If you're calling him aggressive, you're actually complimenting him, as aggression is a town trait.

King seems to be out of empty rhetoric to throw at us if he has to resort to such weak arguments. Or should we just wait?

Shame on him for trying to stay alive.

Actually, no, there's no shame in that. If I were in his position I'd be doing the same thing. It's just so annoying when someone refuses to go down easy, isn't it?

What's so special about it? It's a stupid argument. Oh, right, it's about you. How dare he malign the towniness that wubadict hath dubbed thee with.

It's stupid, but kingfisher1112 is a weak player and I've seen noobs like him flail just like him in the exact same way. I don't think too much of it and all I read from it is 'panicky noob'.

His bandwagon was scummy but I think Kamin's ass-kissing and shitty cases are scummier. It's actually pretty hilarious how much the ass-kissing has gotten to you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 19, 2012, 11:54:33 pm »

Mod Is there a limit to how many extends can happen per day?

I'm thinking maybe we should just shorten. King seems to be out of empty rhetoric to throw at us if he has to resort to such weak arguments. Or should we just wait?

"No limit, sir Knight. In this game. Just...um, shout your actions out!" ((Bold them. Check the recent BM wherein the Extend option was beaten to death.  :P))

Quote from: Vote standings:

• Nerjin (0) -
  • wsoxfan (0) -
  • Kamin (3) - wsoxfan, Jim Groovester, kingfisher1112
  • kingfisher1112 (4) - Kamin, vodot, webadict, Nerjin
  • webadict (0) -
  • vodot (0) - 
  • Jim Groovester (0) -

Not voting:

Between the hour of the Lynx and the Falcon.

((Day 2 will end at September 19, 2012 [Friday]  9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

32 hours, 5 minutes and 57 seconds from the time of this post until day end!

Extension requests: 0
Shorten requests: 1

3 votes needed to extend the day
4 votes needed to shorten the day

Praise be, for Think's LurkerTracker! Under momentary reconstruction and maintenance! Useable if you use it on the first try, it seems))

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 20, 2012, 02:57:10 am »

@vodot:
Last minute OMGUS?
And you seem to really be ignoring all of mine and and Jim's posts. Kamin is simply using you as a disposable vote, and after this he'll get right back on you. And if you want me dead then it won't really matter about who gets lynched. Kamin will most likely get lynched tomorrow after this ordeal. And really, even if my Defence is for naught I've just info mined a whole lot for the town players.
@everyone voting me
You all have crap arguments. I have been looking back at nearly all Kamin's posts, and you guys are just looking at my own recent posts. Put some effort in.
@Jim
Should I just give in? Is this benefitting the town for me to put up a fight?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 20, 2012, 03:32:15 am »

If you think you can change people's minds then try all you want.

At a certain point though, it's just not going to happen, and everybody wants to get done with the day and move on.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28