Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31

Author Topic: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - Game Over!  (Read 86161 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Rumble in the Necropolis: Semi-Bastard Supernatural - Day 4 Final Choice
« Reply #405 on: October 02, 2012, 11:29:54 am »

No, I want to see if I can activate a previously-activated one.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 02, 2012, 12:17:41 pm »

The Orb tingles when you touch it, and the color flares up briefly, but nothing else happens.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 02, 2012, 12:20:45 pm »

Err, which orb was that?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 02, 2012, 12:43:36 pm »

Fine. Statue: I volunteer to activate an orb.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 02, 2012, 12:53:42 pm »

Urist Imiknorris walks up to the final Orb and place his hand upon it. The Orb flares with a brilliant White Light, and the Statue's eyes glow like the sun. There is a great, blinding flash, and when you can see again the Templar lies dead upon the ground.

The statue Speaks
"You have paid in Sacrifice, and been found Worthy. You may Enter."

A wall slides open to reveal a passageway down.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 02, 2012, 12:56:31 pm »

Be that way.

</bah>

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 02, 2012, 01:08:14 pm »

So...Templar now dead. Me and you, with you being the flanker...would you really want to kill me after all we've been through? Not sure if we can both possess the tablet...a hunch, y'know?

What I mean is, through all honesty, could I ask your word not to kill me? Or...you can be silent, I'd understand.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 02, 2012, 01:11:15 pm »

I'm thinking about it... No, I don't really want to kill you. It has been a fun ride, and I like shared victories more than cutthroat bloodbaths... but that hunch of yours (which I share) is problematic. Can we both possess the tablet? Sounds doubtful, which is a shame, but maybe? maybe?

What a conundrum. Let's ponder for a little while.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 02, 2012, 01:22:27 pm »

Statue said that one shall be found worthy, yet there is two of us and we are both proclaimed worthy. So that means the Skeleton was the target instead of me in the...first day.

We did encounter sacrifice,

Which means...perhaps the statue meant 'one' meaning one group, or party? I need the Tablet for this blasted curse, and you for your own.

The Statue also states something of True Majesty...

Do you think it's different, this time or do his words carry another meaning behind them? Sounds straight to the point for me seeing where he takes it. And thinking about it, it doesn't seem that everything has it's meaning set in stone.

I'm not killing you, though. If for once something different would happen, that would be surprising.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 02, 2012, 01:25:20 pm »

Oh, goddammit Meph, you semi-bastard! The freaking door is open, and you have us scratching our heads inches from victory.

To hell with it. I am a wolf, which is a bloodthirsty beast, but not one without honour. So I subdue my animal fury and decide that the best way is for both of us to explore the cave together. As you said, we've been through so much in this journey. It is redemption we are seeking after all, and betrayal is not the way to get it.

You hereby have my promise that I will not kill you. Let us proceed together inside, and it will be as fate decides, yes?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 02, 2012, 01:28:51 pm »

Oh, goddammit Meph, you semi-bastard! The freaking door is open, and you have us scratching our heads inches from victory.
This applies, very muchly.

As fate decides. Let's see if a Wolf and a Ghoul can reconcile themselves. I do still want to rend your flesh and fur and all, but the promise here is too tempting.

I've the Templar to feed on anyway, if things get rough.

So...let's go. Same time.
( :P)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 02, 2012, 01:30:37 pm »

( :P)
^ Sorry UI, with all the bastardli-ness going on, (and yes, your argument did manage to sway part of me), I couldn't put my finger on something wrong in teaming up with you on that part. Forgot to say this earlier.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 02, 2012, 01:43:30 pm »

You descend into the Tomb. The walls are covered in hieroglyphs depicting nobles and their entourage heading to the Afterlife.

Inside the tomb you find a large open area. A small lake surrounds a raised, rectangular island, with a wide bridge heading over to it. All along the walls are the sagging remains of ships laden with goods.

You approach the center of the island, strange lights flickering around you. It's dim, but enough to see by.

Once there you find a sarcophagus, and atop it is the Tablet. The words inscribed upon it glow with an inner light that changes with every heartbeat. You each reach out and touch it, entranced.

When you do, your minds explode with images. A pageantry of royal duties and privileges, of diplomacy and politics, of foreign customs and ancient rites. Everything a new Pharaoh of the Khunnga Empire needs to know.

And in that knowledge?

The secret of redemption.

You kneel before the Sarcophagus of the God-King, Nung-Amur Mah-Sut, First Emperor of Khunnga, and you pledge your souls to his eternal service.

The sarcophagus opens with a long grinding sound. The figure of Mah-Sut rises up, and stands over you. He beckons, and you move closer so that he can touch you.

You shiver with cold, burn with fire, grin in ecstasy and grimace in pain. You are transformed. And with the power of the souls who have been Sacrificed, Mah-Sut is reborn.

He strides down from the Sarcophagus and you follow him up and out of the Necropolis.

The Empire shall be reborn!

And...that's that. I hope everyone had fun.

I'll post the Role PMs and Night Actions in following posts.

Do people want to know the secrets of the game?
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 02, 2012, 01:44:18 pm »

Wolf Chat:   http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/9casdsYVaYf
Brotherhood Chat:   http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/uL3Qd5Qx2eknt
Templar Chat:   http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/rQtR4ZJRxmxuc

Spoiler: Role PMs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 01:49:21 pm by Mephansteras »
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 02, 2012, 01:44:36 pm »

Spoiler: Night 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 3 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:10:20 pm by Mephansteras »
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31