Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: The demon.  (Read 13864 times)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Re: The demon.
« Reply #195 on: September 01, 2012, 01:40:48 pm »

You set about modifying your bedroom and find your cat, but you still dont have any salt or chalk or anything and you cant find the cat, as usual its disappeared on you.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 01, 2012, 03:34:00 pm »

Ok. Since nothing works, we don't have anything, and we're too incompetent to acquire salt which could be easily bought at any grocery store, then just shoot ourselves now.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #197 on: September 01, 2012, 03:41:52 pm »

You didnt go to a grocery store while you were out so you never had the chance to buy salt.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 01, 2012, 03:44:13 pm »

The Chinese food may be relatively salty.... apply it to floors and walls.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #199 on: September 01, 2012, 03:46:41 pm »

You apply soy sauce to the floor and walls of your bedroom, from the takeout and the bottle that was in the fridge.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 01, 2012, 04:05:08 pm »

I think we're as ready as we'll ever be.

Sit down on the bed and wait for the demon.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #201 on: September 01, 2012, 04:06:55 pm »

You sit and wait, and wait, and wait... no damn demon, what it taking it so long?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 01, 2012, 05:23:12 pm »

Good. Go to grocery store- acquire salt, candles and chalk.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 01, 2012, 05:30:35 pm »

Ok. Since nothing works, we don't have anything, and we're too incompetent to acquire salt which could be easily bought at any grocery store, then just shoot ourselves now.

How did we not have salt anyway? Are we that existentially challenged that we have no groceries?....

I Don't suppose our hammer and nails were eaten by a grue or something too? Traditionally, iron nails worked just fine for enforcing boundaries on magical creatures.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #204 on: September 01, 2012, 05:37:29 pm »

You check your tools, yes you have nails and a hammer, you used all your salt making an incantation and a half.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 01, 2012, 05:43:16 pm »

Do the ritual circles up with iron nails.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 01, 2012, 05:44:30 pm »

Do the ritual circles up with iron nails.

Check the box for the metal composition first. If they are not pure iron, don't use them. Salt + Iron nails is better than one or the other, so I vote we go to the grocery store first.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #207 on: September 01, 2012, 05:46:49 pm »

There is alot of nickel in your nails...

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 01, 2012, 05:47:57 pm »

There is alot of nickel in your nails...

Then don't use them. period. they have to be iron. Cold hammered, if possible.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #209 on: September 01, 2012, 05:50:21 pm »

You look around and nothing you have is made out of pure iron.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15