Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: The demon.  (Read 13873 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The demon.
« Reply #165 on: August 31, 2012, 06:00:47 am »

Fake a mischievous grin.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 31, 2012, 06:06:02 am »

"I guess it's the issues related to someone not giving Proper Instruction to a would-be practitioner.
Haven't you read any of Jim Butcher's books?!

In any case, how much damage can it cause, and what will I need to track it down and bind it?"
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #167 on: August 31, 2012, 06:42:21 am »

Xun, "You ever hear of the dark ages, thats the last time a demon was loosed in the physical realm... demons cause all sorts of problems; plagues, wars, insanity, death. Luckly the demon will be drawn to you... to kill you and steal your body, and you can use that to trap it and send it back to the nether realm.", Xun starts rummaging through a pot of rolled parchment looking for somthing.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 31, 2012, 06:51:23 am »

I bound it to not harm me, though. Will that have any effect?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #169 on: August 31, 2012, 06:59:57 am »

Xun, "Harm you... no it wouldnt want to harm a physical body its trying to steal, it will still kill you." he half pulls a scroll out before regecting it and going back to searching a nearby box of talismans.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 31, 2012, 09:20:16 am »

Wait for him to find what he's searching for.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 31, 2012, 11:31:59 am »

Blame the voices in our head for giving bad advice, while also considering the best way to get silver double aught buck for use against the demon.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #172 on: August 31, 2012, 12:28:53 pm »

Xun picks out a particularly complex talisman and places it on the table, then proceeds to gather up several other things from the back of the shop; a bamboo scroll, a pair of gold coins, and a knife made of some kind of bone.
"These are for you, to protect you while you sleep..." he places the coins in your hand, "Put them on your eyes and they will keep the demon from killing you while you are unconscious..." he gives you the dagger and the talisman, "These while they wont kill the demon will rebind it, and allow you to use..." he walks over to the sealed box and opens it revealing a briliantly glowing crystal, "This, simply force this inside it and it and your visions of the magical realm will vanish." he then adds the box to your already burdened hands, he then takes the bamboo scroll and unrolls it un front of you revealing a complex pattern of lines letter symbols and cant help but look at it, feeling dizzy and a flush of hot even so your unable to tear your eyes away until Xun rolls the scroll back up and it makes you shudder.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 31, 2012, 01:53:57 pm »

"How hard will it be to defeat the demon? How does the demon attack? Are there any tricks I should know about?"
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #174 on: August 31, 2012, 02:18:05 pm »

Xun, "Its unbound, so most likely it will summon up the remainder of itself, and try to kill you in some way but other then telling you not to trust strangers there is not much I can tell you to further prepare you... now go, demons are bad for business and I dont want my shop destroyed again.", he then rushes you out the back and then out the front leaving you outside blinking in the sun.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 31, 2012, 03:37:11 pm »

Drive home.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #176 on: August 31, 2012, 03:47:12 pm »

You put the things Xun gave you in the car and drive home, after a while an audible rumble of your stomache reminds you that you havent eaten at all today and its not likely you have food at home to eat.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 31, 2012, 03:50:37 pm »

Wonder why you don't keep food in your fridge.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #178 on: August 31, 2012, 04:24:24 pm »

Considering the food predicament you remind yourself that you've not been to the store in about a month, the most you can remember being in your fridge is condements left over from when you made burgers last week, and maybe some stale takeout.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 31, 2012, 04:25:44 pm »

Go to a fast food place and order something to-go.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15