Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Mad Scientist RPG- turn 2: The landscaping is designed to foil players  (Read 7365 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Scientist RPG- turn 1: Release the hounds!
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2012, 09:49:29 pm »

((I think that's the start of him doing the next turn..))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2012, 11:09:51 pm »

((Turn's finished, sorry it took a while my computer is being derpy about the internet and i had to restart my changes to the character sheets a few times. Should be golden after I get my main PC fixed tomorrow.))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2012, 11:16:24 pm »

Go visit my sister's room in the hotel, and check on how Elanor is doing.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2012, 11:32:40 pm »

Turning, I kick the shoebox and everything remaining in it towards the door, Lighting one of my "Light EverywhereTM" Matches and flicking it onto the box. I then dive out the window in a heroic fashion, dropping the dresser drawer ahead of me to cushion my fall.
Hey, They expelled ME. They should have expected property damage at least.

I then dash for the motel room. If I come across James, I take his cold fusion reactor from him until we get to the Motel.

V Edit: ((I figured we'd naturally all be sticking together... I meant whilst fleeing the school))
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 12:53:23 am by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2012, 12:02:02 am »

"Shit, if I knew it was going to be this heavy I would have stolen this earlier in preparation for this day."  James mutters, quickly leaving the campus and whatever monstrosities the dean was unleashing behind.

James tries to act natural as he goes to the motel, checks in, and then sneaks out the back to the nearest bus stop, headding towards the lakefront where Moby was supposed to be waiting for him.

James puts in a call once he's out of earshot from anyone, presumably.  "Hey Moby, it's James, I got what I needed, I should be at lakefront soon.  Did you scout it out like I told you?  I don't think the dean is really going to let us off that easy so we need a good spot to lay low for a while, please tell me you found something at least.  I don't think we'd be able to face whatever 'creations' he sends at us.  As if he'd be able to create anything more complex than a laser pistol by himself, right?"

In transit, James inquires from Moby the information about hiding places on the lakefront where he might be able to lay low for a while.

((Edit:  He's roughly looking around the area of South Chicago, a working class neighborhood.))

((D-Double Edit:  No disrespect Tack, but I don't think we're actually going to be so lucky as to just have the dean satisfied with our leaving, feel free to join me if you want, free power is a good thing.))
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 12:49:39 am by V-Norrec »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Scientist RPG- turn 2: The landscaping is designed to foil players
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2012, 09:42:50 pm »

Pulling out his phone, John called the lab. Luckily, Bill picked up. "Bill, I need you to go somewhere, and grab the spare implant I gave you." (is it alright if I gave him a spare implant for himself? I won't be able to use it.) "Go somewhere that you can lay low for a while, but are nearby the motel that I told you about." He ran(via the stairs) to the ground floor, so that he might flee to the hotel faster. He started to run through the back alleys towards the motel. "Damn, but I wish we had more time," he muttered to himself as he ran down the stairs.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 09:45:58 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2012, 10:12:31 pm »

Blugh, I'm drained after soccer practice. I'm going to sleep and I'll update tomorrow. I might only be able to update 2~3 times during the week, so be prepared for weirdly spaced updates.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2012, 12:52:09 am »

Well now, this will be a fun wait. I like how you let us know the night before you update.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2012, 10:42:32 pm »

Go visit my sister's room in the hotel, and check on how Elanor is doing.
Zakroff opened the door to the outside and walked up the rusted set of metal stairs to the second floor. He knocked on his sister's apartment door, and was greeted by Elanor's embrace. His sister came into view through the door from the kitchen area and welcomed Zakroff inside.

Turning, I kick the shoebox and everything remaining in it towards the door, Lighting one of my "Light EverywhereTM" Matches and flicking it onto the box. I then dive out the window in a heroic fashion, dropping the dresser drawer ahead of me to cushion my fall.
Hey, They expelled ME. They should have expected property damage at least.

I then dash for the motel room. If I come across James, I take his cold fusion reactor from him until we get to the Motel.

With a swift, decisive kick, Armitage launched the shoebox towards the door, quickly throwing a match after it. As he threw his drawer full of possessions out of the window he jumped out the window, jacket over his arms and rode the destructive shockwave from the explosion onto the lawn below. Taking a glance back into the room, it was clear that the hounds perished in the blast, and the radiator was badly damaged in the blast, and was beginning to leak steam, obscuring the view of the room.

Jack then began to run across the lawn towards the motel, grabbing the miniaturized reactor from James, lifting it effortlessly and carrying it to the hotel.

20 EXP Awarded!

"Shit, if I knew it was going to be this heavy I would have stolen this earlier in preparation for this day."  James mutters, quickly leaving the campus and whatever monstrosities the dean was unleashing behind.

James tries to act natural as he goes to the motel, checks in, and then sneaks out the back to the nearest bus stop, heading towards the lakefront where Moby was supposed to be waiting for him.

James puts in a call once he's out of earshot from anyone, presumably.  "Hey Moby, it's James, I got what I needed, I should be at lakefront soon.  Did you scout it out like I told you?  I don't think the dean is really going to let us off that easy so we need a good spot to lay low for a while, please tell me you found something at least.  I don't think we'd be able to face whatever 'creations' he sends at us.  As if he'd be able to create anything more complex than a laser pistol by himself, right?"

In transit, James inquires from Moby the information about hiding places on the lakefront where he might be able to lay low for a while.
James heard a blast come from behind him, and, swearing and thinking that it was some plan of the dean's, began to run faster. After realizing that it had been Armitage's showy exit from the building, he gladly handed the reactor to him and let him haul it to the motel room, unecumbering himself, freeing his hands and back from it's form.

After a quick phone call to Moby, James sat at the bus stop two blocks from the motel, and, after swiping his credit card, rode the bus to the lake front where he they had planned to meet. Moby informs James that there are very few places to hide in the area other than attempt to claim beds at the local homeless shelter or taking up residency in one of the parks in the area.

Pulling out his phone, John called the lab. Luckily, Bill picked up. "Bill, I need you to go somewhere, and grab the spare implant I gave you." (is it alright if I gave him a spare implant for himself? I won't be able to use it.) "Go somewhere that you can lay low for a while, but are nearby the motel that I told you about." He ran(via the stairs) to the ground floor, so that he might flee to the hotel faster. He started to run through the back alleys towards the motel. "Damn, but I wish we had more time," he muttered to himself as he ran down the stairs.

After the phone call John left the storage building through the door he had just entered, and ran to the motel, hearing far off mechanical barking. Upon entering the hotel room, John's phone began to ring, and Bill informed him that he had found a display house to hide in.

Spoiler: character sheets (click to show/hide)

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2012, 10:56:38 pm »

"Well Moby, I don't know about you but I'm not really one for living out on the streets... being homeless doesn't suit me either, let's say we get out of here and see if we can't find something better."

"I couldn't agree more."

Leave the area, searching for appropriate short-term housing, (i.e. abandoned homes, empty cargo containers, or a near-by hotel)  Give Moby my phone as well and tell him to analyze it for any tracking devices.  Once he has analyzed it, if he has found it free of any tracking devices use it to aid our search, if it is found to be infected, reset it to factory standard and pass it off to somebody else.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2012, 11:05:51 pm »

(Turn goes here in the morning/afternoon. I'll PM you.)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2012, 11:14:48 pm »

((So does James have the reactor again?))
Jack knew that splitting up was the worst thing that could happen to any of them- especially if there were more canines.
Pshh. Weak things, unable to take a simple unknown explosion. He'd been in plenty. But, then again, he knew he was just Better than most other scientists. Naturally that was the reason he was kicked out- obviously the others got kicked out because they were around his level- if slightly below. John, on the phone, seemed to know what he was doing. James had already disappeared and taken his reactor with him. Fairly simple what to do next. Stay together- stay smart, and then... Vengeance. The fun, explosive kind.

"So John. How long until we go back for your implant?"

Stick with John. Be ready for any trouble while at the motel room. Try to find/buy some alternative to the duct-drobe-drawer. Maybe a bag or something.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 12:59:14 am by Tack »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2012, 11:17:55 pm »

((Its mine you can'ts has it *Hiss*))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2012, 11:29:20 pm »

((Pshh. You went off alone- And you can barely carry it- AND I'm the only one with nuclear education.))

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2012, 11:34:44 pm »

((Yeah, because staying at that hotel is a death trap, I don't want death.  And my robot can no doubt carry it just fine so ha!))
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4