Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Mad Scientist RPG- turn 2: The landscaping is designed to foil players  (Read 7356 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Even if they have EMPs I'm fine as my creation is mostly an exact biological copy of a human with robotic implants

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Wouldn't that mean you're majoring in biology?
Also... what happens when the implants fail?

Edit: Whaaat!? We have to wait like Eight Whole Hours?
Take as long as you need man. We know how it gets.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:42:35 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll start tomorrow, I had to go do some semi-important errands today and I don't want to screw this up with an insomnia post.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wouldn't that mean you're majoring in biology?
Also... what happens when the implants fail?
If the implants fail she'd need to be put on life support within like four hours or she'd die

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Everything you've ever done has been an affront to all that is holy everywhere! If there weren't cameras in this office, I would pull the .54 magnum out of my desk drawer and paint the wall with your disgusting, twisted mind!" The Dean seemed to be finished screaming at Armitage, his fury plainly visible and only barely able to keep himself from attempting to strangle Jack.

"As for the rest of you psychopaths-" The Dean was cut short by John's interruption.

"Sir, I would like to point out that you are using the clinical definition of the word wron-" John was quieted by a blow to the face.

"Shut the hell up, you snide little shit. I know goddamn well what I said, and that little project of yours needs a lobotomy. Do you know how much it cost the SCHOOL in legal fees? Not just you and your father to keep you out of prison, but the school had to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees to keep US out of trouble. You, other than that nut over there" The Dean was pointing to Armitage "Have probably caused the most damage."

"But I digress. As of now, you are all expelled, and have ten minutes to leave this campus or be brutalized by the new hounds I've put together." The Dean's twisted grin made it obvious whatever he had stitched together was no longer recognizable as a canine, and was in all probability quite lethal.

"There's a motel across the street from here where we have arranged a room for the four of you. I suggest that you begin transit immediately."

Spoiler: characters (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile

((I know two of us put in our bios escaping with our inventions. Should we just RP it out? Another question- I mentioned John having an implant earlier. Was that removed/disabled during the trial? Just curious.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well Moby, guess it's time to see ourselves out.  Have a nice day."  James says waving to the Dean on his way out.

"See Jimmy, I told you it would all work out," Moby says a step or two behind James.

"I have to admit, I was expecting a lot worse.  You were right."

"Aren't I always?"

Enough self-flattery, I need to pick something up and get out of here in five minutes or so."

"But the Dean said ten minutes."

"I'd rather not chance him changing his mind." said James as he ran towards the nearest chem lab, stole whatever cold fusion components he could and then quickly running to the nearby hotel where he supposedly had a room booked.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

John stepped out off the office and waved to Zarkoff as he went off to his lab to grab Bill, his so called 'killer' robot (he kept getting annoyed by that name). The Dean had been lighter on them than he expected, but ten minutes was tight. he started to run, picking up his knife along the way with his laptop, Bill, and backpack.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 06:48:00 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I know two of us put in our bios escaping with our inventions. Should we just RP it out? Another question- I mentioned John having an implant earlier. Was that removed/disabled during the trial? Just curious.))
((I was assuming that your inventions were hidden somewhere, and if you didn't have a specific place for them, you do have a phone to call/email/conference with them. The implant is hidden some where on campus- good luck, and you should be glad you have high perception.))

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Scientist RPG- turn 1: Release the hounds!
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2012, 03:09:44 pm »

((Guess I called Moby then.  Works.))
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 03:37:09 pm by V-Norrec »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2012, 03:32:07 pm »

Zakroff waved back to John and began making his way off campus, after a bit of walking he grinned, his sister was in the same motel visiting and that is where he managed to hide Elanor. He twinged slightly at the name and thought, "Why did she have to pick that name, damn didn't think she'd advance to a point like that in a single week. From what I can tell she's at the mental age of ten, but given two more weeks she should reach her peak in that respect, so I'll just have to deal with it." Zakroff cringed at 'deal with it.' and made a,  -.- face before falling silent to make his way there.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2012, 06:50:58 pm »

((OOC-wise, here's an edit to my turn. John tells Bill to go around to the back of the motel while picking up his stuff, and searches around campus for his implant.))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2012, 07:24:07 pm »

Musing thoughtfully, Jack left the room. All-in-all, he didn't mind that. He liked shouting, he liked that he had won first prize for 'most destructive lab experiment' (He was sure there was a prize. And he had won it). But Tack was curious about those dogs. He'd never gotten a chance to test his shampoo on non-cats - but, everyone else was running silly personal errands, so he went along with it. He wasn't going to take on the dogs himself... He'd seen what the biology kids did in their spare time, and while fighting them could be fun, he had lost the battle many more times than he'd like people to know.
Scarpering to his room, he began gathering up all the little things that he kept dear. Petroleum, Ammonium nitrate, Potassium, Thermite, Phosphorus, Sulphuric acid. Oh, and the nitroglycerine. Lovely stuff. So much harder to sneak out of the chemistry lab than the other stuff.
Hmm.... That all might be hard to carry... Might have to just cut it down to clothes and toiletries... And the Thermite. What would I do without you thermite...
He finished and straightened up, looking around the room he'd had as his own up until now. On closer inspection, a lot of items appeared a bit... charred. He wondered what the next person to move in here would think... Then again, it'd be another chemistry student. They'd probably love it.
"Well"... "Time to flee... Like a Man"

Return to room. Pack clothes, thermite, shampoo and all the chemicals I can carry/find. Regroup with rest of students and attempt to hustle out of school.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 07:31:09 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2012, 08:36:43 pm »

10:00
James ran towards the nearest chem lab, stole whatever cold fusion components he could and then quickly running to the nearby hotel where he supposedly had a room booked.
James began sprinting towards the chemistry department and ran through the radiological studies lab, taking the deuterium and Stroganvium fuel packets and a small fusion reactor. The piece is was bit heavy to carry, and he struggled with it.  James began running towards the other side of the street, running as fast as he could across the manicured lawns past students  chatting and "studying" for the next exams.
(2) Deuterium fuel packets obtained! (3) Stroganvium fuel packets obtained! Cold Fusion mini reactor obtained! You are encumbered.

8:43
John stepped out off the office and waved to Zarkoff as he went off to his lab to grab Bill, his so called 'killer' robot (he kept getting annoyed by that name). The Dean had been lighter on them than he expected, but ten minutes was tight. he started to run, picking up his knife along the way with his laptop, Bill, and backpack.
John ran to his dorm room effortlessly with great speed and collected his things, sending a text to Bill to head to the motel room. John stuffed his laptop in his back pack and pocketed his knife and began to run towards the storage building on the other side of the campus, and was confronted by a downward set of stairs, an ascending flight, and an elevator.
Backpack obtained! Knife obtained! MP brand laptop obtained!
6:24
Zakroff waved back to John and began making his way off campus, after a bit of walking he grinned, his sister was in the same motel visiting and that is where he managed to hide Elanor. He twinged slightly at the name and thought, "Why did she have to pick that name, damn didn't think she'd advance to a point like that in a single week. From what I can tell she's at the mental age of ten, but given two more weeks she should reach her peak in that respect, so I'll just have to deal with it." Zakroff cringed at 'deal with it.' and made a,  -.- face before falling silent to make his way there.
Zakroff began running towards the motel after a quick wave, and entered the motel.

After checking in with the proprietor, an fat, old, bald man who's muttering could barely be understood, you enter the room. The wood in the room was cracked and the wall paper was peeling, the paint on the ceiling stained with nicotine. The carpet looked as though it had probably not been cleaned since it's installation in the late 20th century. As you set your equipment down, you notice that there are only two beds. This clearly presents a problem.

4:03

Return to room. Pack clothes, thermite, shampoo and all the chemicals I can carry/find. Regroup with rest of students and attempt to hustle out of school.
Jack left the office and started running to his room, awkwardly stumbling through hedges and common areas alike, hearing the hounds in hot pursuit. The loud barks sounded vaguely mechanical, albeit far off. The Dean had been true to his word, to a point: it would take the dogs ten minutes to reach Jack. He entered his room, ripping his clothing drawer out of his dresser and began emptying toiletries into it. After the drawer was full to the point of over flowing, he applied a layer of duct tape to the top, securing the contents in place.

After securing his belongings, Jack began emptying his thermite jar into his institute regulation volatile storage container, a place quite a bit safer to store the thermite than the torn, mildly charred shoe box next to the radiator. After emptying what little cat shampoo he had left in his room, Jack delicately pressed the nitroglycerin into the third compartment in his storage unit when he heard clawing at his door.

(3) units of thermite obtained! (2) units of nitroglycerin added! (1) unit of Cat shampoo added! Dresser drawer of belongings added!

Spoiler: character sheets (click to show/hide)

Quote from: hounds
Attack door.
The mechanical canines snap at  the door to Jack's room, weakening it a bit. It probably won't hold up much longer.

((The post preveiw button and the actual post button are too close together.))
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 11:26:53 am by blackmagechill »

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2012, 09:41:43 pm »

10:00
James as he ran towards the nearest chem lab, stole whatever cold fusion components he could and then quickly running to the nearby hotel where he supposedly had a room booked.
Huh?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4