Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25

Author Topic: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 18: Double-team and Smooching Attempt)  (Read 33986 times)

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 8: It begins.)
« Reply #165 on: September 05, 2012, 04:08:13 pm »

"Any world you would advise us to try first?" the young dog-man asked, nodding towards his team as if to indicate they weren't the best group for hard challenges at the moment.

The being shakes its head at Thale's question.

Each of these planets has its own potential dangers and risks, it is up to your group to decide the course of action. I am only here to support you on your mission. And I know your group may have had some internal differences recently, but you should try to work together, this quest is not a short one and if you want to succeed, you will all have to work together as a team.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:32:40 pm by VincValentine »
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 06, 2012, 03:29:58 am »

((I've got nothing on that Odd planet, or anything based on whatever it is on, so more fun!))

Lyri wondered why nobody else reacted when Sariel spoke as if talking to her directly. Perhaps telepathy was a normal occurrence where they came from, or they didn't mind her at all, probably?

She looked down and sat on the ground, gazing past the tip of her nose as she tried to pronounce the basics silently. Slightly confused by the difference in their tone, she decided to speak to the group in the best language she knew how!

Her own.

"What, by any chance is your name?"

"Lyri."

Well, at least she understood what the others said now, other than the mix of blowing air and clenched teeth...If the tallgreen would reply, then perhaps the canine would, too!

'Sariel, I shift my vote to the Odd one, these folk seem very interesting to stay around! And...you're sure that I can speak to the rest without mispronouncing anything, right?'

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 06, 2012, 01:37:13 pm »

((I've got nothing on that Odd planet, or anything based on whatever it is on, so more fun!))

((Haven't given you anything yet that you could tell from, but if you do know it, you'll notice once you enter the place.))

'Sariel, I shift my vote to the Odd one, these folk seem very interesting to stay around! And...you're sure that I can speak to the rest without mispronouncing anything, right?'

The blessing I have given you translates most languages you hear into your own, allowing you understand each other and most likely some of the people you will meet in the factions as well, so the pronounciation depends on your mastery of your own language.
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 06, 2012, 02:28:17 pm »

"So be it, the Odd World shall be our destination, though I see not how the rest of you who have a need to breath will survive in such a place, but if you wish to brave the world so be it."

"I am the Necromancer Nefarious, I vaguely remember being called the Saint of the Dead in my past, but that is all I do remember."

With that said Nefarious turned to the angel, Sariel, and spoke to her as he held out his Grimore,

"Do you know anything of how this book is used Sariel, I seek it's power yet it seems to show me none, perhaps you could enlighten me on the matter?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 06, 2012, 02:33:28 pm »

"Will we be provided with something to resist the conditions of the Odd Planet?" Thale asked Sariel, a serious look in his eyes. "If not, I'd rather change my vote to the Jungle Planet.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 06, 2012, 04:57:08 pm »

"Do you know anything of how this book is used Sariel, I seek it's power yet it seems to show me none, perhaps you could enlighten me on the matter?"

I will inspect it and see what I can find.

A glowing aura emerges around the book as it releases itself from your grip. It glides over to Sariel's face and opens up, while floating in front of the being.

I cannot tell you what exactly this grimoire is, but it seems to contain powerful magic sealed within. You will have to find a way to access it, but it seems to have something to do with the bodies of the dead.

The book closes itself and makes its way back into your open hands.

"Will we be provided with something to resist the conditions of the Odd Planet?" Thale asked Sariel, a serious look in his eyes. "If not, I'd rather change my vote to the Jungle Planet.

Sariel nods as Thale asks his question.

It will be impossible for most of you to survive on the planet's surface without assistance. I can provide you with shields that may allow you to breathe and keep the under-pressure out. However, they are relatively fragile and should they break, you won't have a lot of time to find a way to keep yourself alive.

((If you don't have incredibly terrible luck, you won't need those shields for long anyways.))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 06, 2012, 05:05:01 pm »

Barmot looks back at the Angelic Being.

"Hey, Sariel."

"I've heard of these 'Enchantment' thingies I can do to my axe. I don't seem to be very good at it, so maybe YOU could help me out here. Maybe something with Fire or Poison or OH! LIGHTNING!"

Barmot starts jumping up and down, axe in hand, before realizing the burdon it might put on the being.

"That is, If you don't mind."
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 06, 2012, 05:19:10 pm »

Barmot looks back at the Angelic Being.

"Hey, Sariel."

"I've heard of these 'Enchantment' thingies I can do to my axe. I don't seem to be very good at it, so maybe YOU could help me out here. Maybe something with Fire or Poison or OH! LIGHTNING!"

Barmot starts jumping up and down, axe in hand, before realizing the burdon it might put on the being.

"That is, If you don't mind."

The being seems to think for a moment before answering.

I'm afraid I am not versed in the arcane arts of enchantment. You might find someone on your travels that could do it for you, or maybe one of your companions can attempt it.

((Or you can try it yourself and if you roll a 5 might become an enchanter.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 06, 2012, 05:20:54 pm »

((I suppose if we do find an enchanter, I could just eat his brain and do it for free afterwards.))
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 06, 2012, 05:46:08 pm »

((I suppose if we do find an enchanter, I could just eat his brain and do it for free afterwards.))
Assuming you're successful in eating his brain. And assuming he isn't a utter badass or has lots of bodyguards.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 06, 2012, 05:48:50 pm »

I'm Sorry I thought That Was Obvious.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 06, 2012, 09:12:37 pm »

You could do that, or you could just ask nicely. Either way.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 06, 2012, 10:41:53 pm »

The blessing I have given you translates most languages you hear into your own, allowing you understand each other and most likely some of the people you will meet in the factions as well, so the pronounciation depends on your mastery of your own language.
...so the pronounciation depends on your mastery of your own language.
...mastery of your own language.

O_o

Great...

Lyri stood up and addressed the others, introducing herself and her kind.

"Are we ready?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 06, 2012, 10:50:22 pm »

"I'll change my vote for the jungle one." Thale said. He most certainly preferred a place with trees and plants than an almost complete void.

Aside from that, the group would be dependant on "bubbles" to be protected during their trip in the Odd World, and he did not think of that as a safe means of transportation.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 06, 2012, 11:12:38 pm »

Too many worlds...

Why do we have to choose?

The dog-man!

Lyri sidled up to the creature, hoping that her phonetics won't mess her up once again.

"Hello Inu-san, I don't know your name and sorry for hurting you earlier." The Kitsune waited for a reply with a smile. She hoped her intention was made clear there.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25