Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25

Author Topic: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 18: Double-team and Smooching Attempt)  (Read 33965 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 8: It begins.)
« Reply #180 on: September 06, 2012, 11:33:54 pm »

Barmot, desperate for a cool axe, tries to use the materials in the area to enchant his weapon.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 07, 2012, 02:35:06 pm »

"Sure." Thale answered back dryly, one of his hands moving to the bloodied bandages that covered almost his entire torso. If she was simply sorry for hurting him, did that mean the kitsune - Lyri, as she had recently said - actually attacked him on the spur of the moment and regretted it later, or did she mean it had been by accident?

He couldn't remember much except collapsing after she disappeared and memories which had been restrained inside his head forcing their way into his mind.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 07, 2012, 03:23:07 pm »

Barmot, desperate for a cool axe, tries to use the materials in the area to enchant his weapon.

(2) Really badly wanting your weapon to look awesome, you turn your head, scanning the area for anything you could use for the job. You even go scouting around the edges of the half-circle platform, looking into the forest, but all you see is trees and more trees. And you have no idea how to enchant a weapon with leaves and sticks.

((Odd Planet is still leading with 2 votes, but votes can still be changed and TCM needs to vote.
Spoiler: Votes (click to show/hide)
))
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 03:30:40 pm by VincValentine »
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 07, 2012, 03:33:50 pm »

Lyri was confused at the dog-man's answer. Approval wasn't the thing that seems to answer what she said, or did she ask a-

Oh right! Her attack!

Well, everything is better now! Lyri mused, beaming at the prospect of having such a good, forgiving friend! Perhaps he needed time alone, maybe?

. . .

Nah.

"So I guess we're all ready! Tenshi-sama, are you ready to bring us into the Odd-world ball? I really want to see how this ends.

"Inu-san! Do you want help with your wounds?"

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 07, 2012, 04:52:37 pm »

Well, that went well...

Barmot said, oblivious to the nearby conversation.

Hey, Saria or whatever, do ya think I could have some kind of potion to help me do this, at least?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 07, 2012, 04:57:08 pm »

Sunbeam decides to wake up.
"Oooh, let's go to the jungle!"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 07, 2012, 05:06:56 pm »

Onwards to the jungle!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 07, 2012, 05:16:53 pm »

"Inu-san! Do you want help with your wounds?"[/color]

"No." he shot back at her as dryly as before. He was mostly fine, if being hindered by the bandages.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 8.5: Welcome to the Jungle)
« Reply #188 on: September 07, 2012, 09:42:33 pm »

Well, that went well...

Barmot said, oblivious to the nearby conversation.

Hey, Saria or whatever, do ya think I could have some kind of potion to help me do this, at least?

I'm afraid I do not possess any potions, nor anything else that can help you with this. You'll have to find another way.

Sariel turns his head, looking at each member of the party. The being then proceeds to float over to the green sphere, landing gently on the ground and gesturing the party to assemble in front of him.

It seems that the last vote has fallen and the world you have chosen to visit is the jungle planet. I shall now bring you into the world. May your journey be safe and your goals achieved. Good luck.

Sariel kneels down next to the pedestal and holds his palm over the orb. For a few seconds nothing happens. Suddenly the sphere cracks open and a large black stream emerges, turning into a large funnel pointed towards the party. You try to resist the pull of the hole, but it proves too powerful, ripping you of your feet and dragging you into its darkness. Everything is black.

World 1: Jungle Planet
World Music

You hear the rustling of brushes and the sounds of birds in the background as you slowly regain consciousness. The ground below you is soft, made up of soft earth and layered with plants and leaves. The strong large trees around you stretch into the air far above you, long vines dangling from them and wrapping around the branches. The humid air and the sun shining down on the little roundish alcove you are laying in make this place seem like a rain forest. Water is gushing down to your left, forming a small river going downwards along a small incline. Small groups of birds fly out of the tree crowns, rattling the leaves and branches. Insects buzz around your heads and small animals jump and run around in the thick bushes around you. Distant growling of large creatures can be heard. As the party slowly gets on their feet, the declining slope ahead can be seen, likely leading you down the hill you seem to be standing on. The downhill area seems to lead into a lower part of the jungle. You take in all the sounds and sights around you as you are ready to begin your journey to recover the first keystone.
Welcome to the jungle planet. Welcome to Gaia VI.
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 07, 2012, 09:46:47 pm »

'Right.'

Derm rubs his forehead slowly. Tentacles twitch here and there.

'I'm sending one of you up, take a look around and tell us where notable landmarks are.'

Randomly telekinesis one of my associates high up into the air.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 07, 2012, 09:52:19 pm »

Oh god. Everybody run from Derm. You do not want him rolling a 6.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 07, 2012, 09:59:27 pm »

Barmot starts hacking and slashing his way through the brush. Maybe he'd find some herbs he could use to enchant his weapon...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 07, 2012, 10:10:53 pm »

Head for the bottom of the hill.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 08, 2012, 12:43:10 am »

"Inu-san! Do you want help with your wounds?"

"No."

"But you're wounded! I-"

*Crack!*

The next moment was nearly unforgettable. Lyri could feel the very reality around her warp and shift, getting pulled by an unseen force into the void...This wasn't a trick.

And it really wasn't!

The pristine environment around her blew everything away as she took in the atmosphere and beauty of the natural flora and fauna. It was like home once again! She was about to scamper off and survey the land when a sharp pain cut into her chest, causing her to stagger to the side with a silent yelp. The squid-man's voice cut through her surprise, and before she knew it, the pain disappeared.

Partly confused on what just happened, she turned to address the crustacean-type. "You can make others fly, Ika-san? I'd volunteer!"

She saw the dog-man move alongside the rest, and wondered if he had heard her. Perhaps she had to promise it to him instead?

Well, at least nothing could go wrong. If a Tenshi could bring them together, then she didn't doubt the abilities of these other beings.

I mean, look at the squid-man's joy!

Survey the land, with or without the aid of telekinesis or whatever Derm is doing.

Barmot starts hacking and slashing his way through the brush. Maybe he'd find some herbs he could use to enchant his weapon...
((Wut? Herbs enchanting weapons? No wait, herbs actually enchanting anything?

How?))
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 09:04:30 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 8.5: Welcome to the Jungle)
« Reply #194 on: September 08, 2012, 07:22:19 am »

Looking around for a while, Thale takes notice that while he doesn't remember living in a place like that, at least a rainforest was easy enough to find comparisons to in his past, apparently. Walking around wouldn't be much of a problem.

Follow the slope while thinking of ways to enhance resilience of the body through martial arts techniques (e.g. steel body).
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25