Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25

Author Topic: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 18: Double-team and Smooching Attempt)  (Read 34019 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Chaosfactions: Re (Turn 8: It begins.)
« Reply #150 on: September 04, 2012, 06:44:00 pm »

((I've always used Italics, but whatever...))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 04, 2012, 06:48:21 pm »

The problem is Italiacs can and sometimes are used for roleplaying, so it could lead to confusion or be skipped over. I don't believe quotation marks are used for anything else but speech or quotation (like, for example, quotation of what your guy said).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 06:50:24 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 04, 2012, 08:00:25 pm »

Derm rolled his eyes and strode on over to peer at each of the plaques and orbs.

You walk by each of the plaques in turn, relating their basic ideas to the rest of the group per telepathy.

Red Orb - Lava Planet
There used to be a relatively advanced civilization on this planet, but they were never able to calm the forces of nature that wrecked across it, so they abandoned their homes and fled the planet. It is now mostly covered in lava from the immense amount of active super volcanoes that are spread among its surface. It is an extremely hostile environment with a high level of danger.

Orange Orb - Earthen Planet
This planet is a desolate place, marked by large cliffs and sharp rocks sticking up many miles high from the ground. The lack of atmosphere makes survival hard and explains the lack of animals. Therefore, a sentient race never managed to develop here, but there are signs of attempted explorations and ruins of small civilizations created by a space-faring race.

Yellow Orb - Desert Planet
A world covered in harsh and unforgiving sand dunes blazed upon by a duet of suns, yet filled with large and hostile life forms. The surface of this planet is ravaged by extremely strong and erratic winds which causes many sand storms and tornadoes to develop on its surface. A small but vigilant people inhabit this planet, using the wind and wild life to get around.

Green Orb - Jungle Planet
This world is covered almost entirely in large rain forests, which are full of diverse and interesting creatures. It is relatively easy to survive in this environment, provided you don't fall prey to the wild life or the local tribes. There seem to be ruins of ancient societies hidden deep within the heart of the jungle.

Blue Orb - Water Planet
Consisting of mostly water with little land above the surface, this planet features many aquatic creatures that, due to the lack of real space constraints, have grown quite large in size. The race that inhabits this planet lives and builds in the water, though they have ships and such with which they travel the surface as well. The ocean itself contains many secrets, you never know what you may find.

Indigo Orb - Swamp Planet
While this planet features some small cities and forests, it is more remarkable for its extremely large swamps, laden with poisonous substances and environmental hazards. There is little wild life, but it is very stealthy and tricky. No creature is what it first seems in the swamps.

Violet Orb - Odd Planet
This planet seems to be almost completely featureless, lacking an atmosphere and consisting mostly of wide, empty expanses. However, there does seem to be something man-made on this world and it seems to be quite large.

The two inner most orbs seem to be missing and the other four around them are colorless and their pedestals do not feature any plaques on them. As you wonder why they are missing descriptions and color, Sariel notices your confusion and chimes in.

Do not yet concern yourself with these worlds, I am keeping them shut for the moment as your group would not be able to face the dangers within as you are at the moment. Choose one of the other orbs and I will start your journey when your group has decided.
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 04, 2012, 08:03:24 pm »

Derm nods.

'The aquatic planet. I am naturally amphibious, and can survive at many fathoms of depth. Perhaps I can find worshipers in the deep.'
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 04, 2012, 08:16:45 pm »

"The Odd Planet place sounds cool."

Barmot wakes up from his nap upon hearing a voice inside his head.

"It's either that or the Jungle. I seem to have grown a simple joy for killing plants..."

He trails off into his own thoughts, likely ones of the Kitsune.

He found her...cute. He sighs at his lack of charm and goes back to his nap.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 03:19:30 pm by Greenstarfanatic »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 04, 2012, 10:22:22 pm »

((Sorry, RL and some happenings prevented me from posting anything elaborate until now, and I felt a reasonable post was needed. >.>

@GSF: ...Hey, how did he discover her name?))

Still wounded and with the bandages restraining his movements, Thale had been quietly laying on the floor and listening for some time. He wasn't very interested in talking at the moment; his mind was a true mess and he needed to sort out his feelings. He didn't hate the kitsune, but he felt hurt somehow by her outburst. There was no way of telling if it had been on purpose and she was merely faking, and it confused him.

But the worst part was the lack of help. Out of his companions, only one of them demonstrated willingness to help, and even the one who attacked him moved to help him up, faking it or not...Enough of complaining and whining. It was about time to show he was willing to stop being weak. Maybe that way, he wouldn't be attacked once more by her. The next time, he could stop her from hurting him.

With that in mind he sat up, his body regaining a measure of energy as his resolve strengthened. He was unable to call upon magic or beastly powers, but he had his own body and his force of will, and that should suffice.

Remembering something, he turned towards the kitsune and gave her a weak smile. He didn't want to be too cruel to her, since if she wanted to help him after the attack, she could be truthfully sorry.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 04, 2012, 10:26:05 pm »

((...Let's just say he overheard her and Thale whispering together, and her name was mentioned. Or something.

I'M ROLEPLAYING!))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 04, 2012, 10:33:29 pm »

((My character can't speak in common, currently.  :P

YOUR ORC CAN READ MINDS?! OH GODS, NOW WE HAVE TWO TELEPATHICS!

I'm thinking derm can hear anything I think, anyway.  :P

Let's also just say that the Illithid said my name when intoning the details back there, and edit your post, sir.))
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:35:02 pm by Tiruin »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 04, 2012, 10:44:58 pm »

*Puase.*

I don't even know your name.

I don't know anybody's name.

Which now that I think about it is remarkably in character.

Also I never once referred to you. I think.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 04, 2012, 11:47:51 pm »

((derm confirmed it.

Edit that out GSF.  :P

Also, That was a great turn. I'm wondering if you referenced the Angels from Blizzard's Diablo, there.  :P

Vinc: We're still in a Wooden Room!  :D))

Lyri perked up at the squid-man's intent. It could speak to her via thoughts! Doubly so for the deity in front of her.

Somehow, she wondered if Ikari would be happy about her decision.

'Sariel, you can hear me right? Could you grant me the ability of speech to the others here? I don't think they can understand my language...I didn't even get the chance to introduce myself. This isn't a dream, or any illusion, right?

"But if that interferes with your duty, then I understand. I will have to make up for my silence...'
She glanced at Thale, 'and to tell him I'm sorry...I don't even know who anyone else here is.'

Remembering something, he turned towards the kitsune and gave her a weak smile. He didn't want to be too cruel to her, since if she wanted to help him after the attack, she could be truthfully sorry.

Finishing her speech with the Angel, Lyri returned the smile with her own. Smiles meant peace and joy, and it seemed that the canine noticed her intentions.

'Sariel, I'm taking the Orange Orb if nobody else wants it. It seems so lonely and...dead. If not, I'd try the Indigo Orb. I'm sure my abilities wo-...

'Err, how did we all get here, and do I still have my innate abilities? Do these others have innate abilities too? And why can't we all pick one orb at a time?
'

Take the Orange//Indigo orb, in order of preference [but not finalized yet]. Ask.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 12:11:43 am by Tiruin »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 05, 2012, 12:04:55 am »

((I'm not going to edit it out, as it's only there to build my character.)) :Pw

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 05, 2012, 12:43:17 am »

After receiving a smile in response, Thale got back to staring at the ground with a smile. Although his smile was dark and sour, his mind's image of the kitsune still tainted by her actions. The chances of her being really sorry were low but he'd play her game...for now. The young man was still suspicious, for it did not take too long for the true colors of the ones in the group to show. With little or no warning, they could probably start backstabbing each other for personal advantage, which was not a far-fetched idea by what he had seen so far.

Calmly sitting on the floor, he started to ponder on where his knowledge had came from. Maybe his life before these recents happenings hadn't been too uneventful after all. With a smirk, he wondered if the same warnings he had heard were not things he had once ignored in his past and were the reason he was now in that place. Maybe this world claimed him after he was attacked by one of her kin for whatever reason, probably for the fun of watching him bleed.

He rose his head to the angel, his gaze as if lost in a point behind the being of light and power.
"Odd planet."

Choose Odd Planet.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

VincValentine

• Bay Watcher
  • Fire at will!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 05, 2012, 03:13:51 pm »

((Also, That was a great turn. I'm wondering if you referenced the Angels from Blizzard's Diablo, there.  :P))

((Thanks! :D And good job noticing the reference, that is indeed where I got the inspiration of Sariel's appearance from.))

((Vinc: We're still in a Wooden Room!  :D))

((... :-[ I keep forgetting about it. I'll just remove it, I think I'll be able to tell where everyone is without it. :P))

'Sariel, you can hear me right? Could you grant me the ability of speech to the others here? I don't think they can understand my language...I didn't even get the chance to introduce myself. This isn't a dream, or any illusion, right?

"But if that interferes with your duty, then I understand. I will have to make up for my silence...'
She glanced at Thale, 'and to tell him I'm sorry...I don't even know who anyone else here is.'

'Sariel, I'm taking the Orange Orb if nobody else wants it. It seems so lonely and...dead. If not, I'd try the Indigo Orb. I'm sure my abilities wo-...

'Err, how did we all get here, and do I still have my innate abilities? Do these others have innate abilities too? And why can't we all pick one orb at a time?
'

After taking all of Lyri's questions, Sariel pauses for a second before answering her.

I will do my best to address your queries, but I cannot guarantee that my responses will satisfy you. This world you are currently in is not a not a figment of your imagination. This is place is known as the gate and it serves as the central hub for accessing the many universes. You could say that it is a constant that exists in everyone of them, but separate from and unaffected by their influences. About your abilities, I'm afraid I can tell you no more than what you know yourself. I was not the one who pulled you from your worlds, hence I do not know where you came from and what happened in your past life. However, I understand the difficulties that seem to stem from your inability to communicate with your team-mates and I will see what I can do. I ask of you all to assemble ahead of me.

After finishing his talk, Sariel gestures for the party to stand in a line in front of him. The being starts to slowly glide down, gently landing a few feet in front of the group. The giant angel kneels down, still towering far above the party even on his knee. He signs the group to their eyes. As you stand there with your eyelids down, you notice a bright light shining through them as Sariel slowly moves his hand over the heads of each member. For a few seconds you feel dizzy, feeling as though something were flowing in your head. As you return to your senses and open your eyes, Sariel has already returned to his former position, floating in the air.

You should be able to understand each other now. If there's anything else I can do for you, let me know.

((Derm was standing nearby, exempt from this procedure as he can't stand holy energy and since he can already communicate with everyone through his mind.

At the moment it seems that the winning planet at the moment seems to be the odd one. To survive there you'll need something that allows you to breath and I'll warn you that it is by far the riskiest of the currently available worlds. By risk I mean that it could the most or the least dangerous one, it all depends on the background rolls in this one. You may make it through without ever encountering any problems, or there may be TPK. So consider this information carefully before deciding. Also, the odd planet is based on a relatively popular web series, if you know it, you'll probably recognize it when you get there.))
It's sad when the guy falling down the mountain with two broken arms is one of the ones in the least amount of trouble.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 05, 2012, 03:23:12 pm »

After receiving the Angel's "blessing", Thale sat on the ground, as if thinking deeply about something. The orbs' plaques lacked in information, and the fact the explanations provided were also lacking made him worry about a possibility. The group could take any orb as far as he knew, but maybe the Angel could have a better idea.

"Any world you would advise us to try first?" the young dog-man asked, nodding towards his team as if to indicate they weren't the best group for hard challenges at the moment.
>Yes?

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 05, 2012, 03:29:32 pm »

Barmot suddenly leapt up from his nap, staring at the Dog-Man.

"Wha? How can I understand you?"

He must have slept through the blessing thingamajigger.

"..."

Barmot glanced around for a moment, before realizing his opportunity.
He strode over to the Kitsune, as gracefully as one can, with feet as big as his and lugging around a large battle-axe.

"What, by any chance is your name?"

He asked her...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25