Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 57

Author Topic: D20 Modern: After the end. Accepting players!  (Read 54180 times)

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
Re: D20 Modern: After the end.
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2012, 12:15:27 am »

Wait, I'm in this?! :o

I thought I'd missed out... Oh gosh, okay, um, I'll go do one.

I thought you were, since you make six afaik. I could be wrong.

If you submitted you sheet first, you would be six, and the rest would need to be waitlisted.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 12:19:43 am by Wrex »

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2012, 12:37:30 am »

Right. Oh gods, this is going to be tough... Not having the books, I've been using the D20 Modern SRD.
But this means I have no idea as to item costs etc for Apocalypse. :-\ Still, I'm working on it. If I don't get it finished shortly I'll be sure to do it this evening when I get home.
I might end up on the waitlist, but that's okay. Don't want to hold everything up. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2012, 12:49:10 am »

I keep wondering if the futuristic weapons are going to work in this setting... I keep thinking of stuff like Mad Max, you know, road warriors and stuff. Are you sure the futuristic stuff balances out?

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2012, 12:52:27 am »

Much like in fallout, things like Actual genuine pre-war energy weapons no longer exist, and the ones that exist today are crude imitations, that are by and large quite rare and only avalilble from trechnologically inclined societies. Almost all combat is either hand to hand, or gunpowder and lead.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2012, 01:04:30 am »

Ok that makes sense. What about implants, robots or futuristic transport?

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2012, 01:08:00 am »

Ok that makes sense. What about implants, robots or futuristic transport?

Cybernetics are no longer practiced the way they once were, alas. Many robots remain functional, and some factories even continue to churn them out. I did allow playable robots (with the caveat of "Message me so we can design it"). Hovercars and the like have long been scavenged for parts.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2012, 01:27:37 am »

Ok, it's good to know these things. Let's hope we don't run into any robots with guns, cause they will probably mess us up bad.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2012, 06:10:20 am »

So we are waiting another day for a sixth player... sigh.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2012, 04:09:35 pm »

bump!
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2012, 04:11:59 pm »

Um. You guys may as well start without me/get someone else, since I really don't like holding everything up. :-\
I don't have the rules and have been basing things off the D20 Modern SRD, so it's slow going. I've got most of it done, but still.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2012, 07:53:37 pm »

Johnson's Island, a rare haven in the wastes for travellers of all stripes. Protected by a combination of firepower, trade agreements, and backroom deals, Johnson's island offers a place for almost anyone to rest their head for a night. But only for a night. The city watch looks unkindly on those who would overstay their welcome, those without money, and those who would disturb the peace.  It's buildings are made from sturdy sheet metal, lashed together with ropes and cables, with bare bulbs strung along them, providing a well lit, and almost cozy scene, if such things could be said to exist anymore. Johnson's Island subsists on the Ethanol trade, brewing trade foods and plant roughage into fuel for generators and vehicles. The Marauders could take the Island, if they wanted to, but the threat of losing their oh so precious fuel supplies, as well as the formidable firepower of it's inhabitants.

There are many bars on the island, places where the weary traveler can come to drink away his issues. This one, the Golden Toad, is best know for it's amatuer mic night, hosting entertainment from a variety of performers hoping to win a meal, a drink, and a warm floor to rest their head on. The current act is simple, a girl and her guitar, but the music has a certain way about it that you haven't heard in a long, long time. A woman sits in a corner table, watching the performance intensely through her grimy goggles. A man of thin build sits at a table in the center of the room, the lamplight glinting off his hazel eyes. A Compound bow sits by his side. A heavyset man sits near the front, reclining in his chair and sipping something you assume is quite a bit stronger than the typical beer. A big, hevay handgun hangs menacingly from his waist. His leather jacket has some fur around the collar. Finaly, a woman stands  relaxed against the door, her hair the same flaming colour as her eyes. A pair of knives glint from their sheaths.

So, what do you do?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2012, 08:32:47 pm »

...♫Hey there Delilah, What's it like in New York City?

I'm a thousand miles away...

But girl, tonight you look so pretty.

Yes you do.

Times Square can't shine as bright as you...I swear it's true...♫

So it goes. New York City was really a myth, a name on a map, an irradiated nightmare that ate the souls and lives everyone who went there-of 'Times Square', people had no living recollection, except a shadow of fear-the heart of a great beast.

But to the people listening, it didn't quite matter.

The girl sang and played of a time out of mind-and perhaps, something of the future as well-a spark of Hope. For a moment, worries were forgotten and grudges put aside. People imagine themselves, each one, as her sole audience-everyone, waiting and hoping for someone or something they love, far away...far, far away.

Kat likes to cover this song. It's easy to play, and everyone loves it. She would prefer her own songs, naturally-but those usually get a more...mixed response. Kat saves her heaviest stuff for the closing act.

She smiles under the rim of her wide brimmed rain hat to Rain, sitting in the audience-everyone thinks the smile is just for them. This is going to be a good performance, she knows. They're going to make a killing here-not literally, but it's going to set them off pretty nice, if nothing goes pear shaped. A roof over their heads for once. Hospitality is a blessing in the wastes, even the cold sort provided by Johnsons Island. They need it.

Since, Kat's gone to lengths not to let it show, but the last few weeks have taken alot out of her-she's a bit pale, bone thin, and road weary. Two people are better than one in many ways, but that's also two mouths to feed-and Rain is sometimes hungry enough, she doesn't notice when a ration from Kats plate slips onto her own plate when she's not looking. Or is to smart to take the fact for granted.

Right now, she's not feeling hunger nag at her-she's playing her heart out, and hoping someone drops a piece of beef jerky into her case-open in front of her, if anyone feels kindly enough for some charity-after the shows is done.

Action: Entertain the crowd as best I can, kindly asking for donations afterwards
Spoiler: Mods Used (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 08:44:29 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2012, 08:48:46 pm »

Troy let his mind wander, cupping his drink firmly to prevent anyone trying anything. He wasn't much of a drinker, not that he couldn't hold his liquor down as he did that just fine, he had only really come here for entertainment and rest. So far this girl was the highlight of the night and was doing a fine job at playing her music. He had noticed her come in with another woman, the one with the goggles, and judging from the looks of them they had a bit of a hard time getting here.

Feeling in the mood for conversation, he picked up his things and walked over to the table where the other girl sat at.

"Your friend is pretty good with that thing. I haven't heard music that good in a long time."

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2012, 09:12:48 pm »

Rain smiled from the audience and let the music wash over her.  Even when she felt bad Kat's music warmed her heart and this song was a bit special.  It wasn't her favorite, Rain liked Kat's original stuff more, but it was just nice to know that Kat was keeping something old alive.  When Badwater got overrun by those thugs Rain thought the world was ending but listening to this song makes her think maybe that was wrong.  Maybe there's a million people like Kat out there with a million pieces of the past.  Someday someone's gonna figure out how those pieces fit and then the whole world will be like Badwater again...

Kat shot a smile Rain's way and Rain smiled back and felt guilty for having lost attention.  Kat was so kind to her and Rain hadn't been pulling her weight lately.  Kat might not think Rain didn't notice all the help but Rain was counting every calorie as her supplies gradually ran out.  Another couple days and she'd be selling the tools she'd been carrying since Badwater... selling off the little pieces of the past she still had left.  Rain bit her lip and ignored the sorrow so she could listen to the song...  Just listen to Kat play, isn't she heavenly?  That music will make you forget any sorrow.  Rain smiled up at her friend again and knew things wouldn't be so bad.

Then song ended and Rain went up to the bar for some water while Kat started the next one.  She couldn't afford anything else.  The barman grunted a price and Rain felt her heart skip a beat.
"You are asking a trade for goddamn water?  There's a river right outside the door!"
The barman shrugged.  "Well then have yourself a drink out there and enjoy puking your guts out tomorrow.  You gonna buy or what?"
"No I'm not going to buy!  This town is bleeding me dry!  I look for work and no one needs me.  I guess people don't need doctors or machanics on Johnsons island.  What, you just go down to the local Wallmart and swing by the pharmacy?"
"Eh?  What's a Wallmart?"
"It's... never mind."
Rain went back to her table and brooded.  Yeah, she was gonna starve to death.  Maybe she could bequeath her corpse to Kat so the girl could have some fresh jerky.

"Your friend is pretty good with that thing. I haven't heard music that good in a long time."
Surprised by the voice Rain jerked out of her brood.  Someone had walked up to her.  Without a hint of conscientiousness she sized this stranger up.  He wore armor and had a decent weapon... probably well off.
"You should tell her that.  And slip her a tip while your at it.  The 'starving artist' moniker is pretty close to the mark with us I'm afraid, she hasn't worked enough lately and I haven't found any work at all.  I'm Rain by the way and you're listening the Kat up there on the six string.  Mind if I ask who you are?"
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 09:15:27 pm by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2012, 09:21:29 pm »

A slight smile tugged at a corner of his mouth. This girl was clearly someone who was used to the city life, and since he was more of an outdoorsman than most, he could sense an opportunity for work, or at least company at any rate.

"First name basis already huh? Don't get that too often, not these days at any rate, but you seem decent enough I suppose. The name's Troy. Mind if I take a seat?"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 57