Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 40

Author Topic: Planetary Annihilation: The dubiousness of expandalone patches. Also Titans.  (Read 72815 times)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetary Annihilation:TA-inspired RTS: Gamma?
« Reply #540 on: June 04, 2014, 10:49:01 am »

You can use any of the lobbies for any of the mods.
Just load up zero-k and join a BA game

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetary Annihilation:TA-inspired RTS: Gamma?
« Reply #541 on: September 05, 2014, 01:57:40 pm »

and its launched officially now.

they also are doing a launch stream at the moment over on twitch showing some games http://www.twitch.tv/uberentertainment , but no idea how long that will still go.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: Planetary Annihilation: TA-inspired RTS, now released! Go explode things.
« Reply #542 on: September 05, 2014, 02:53:55 pm »

At least it's officially out of beta. One game that doesn't suffer from the "eternal beta" syndrome is a better game for it.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 05, 2014, 02:56:09 pm »

OP updated, as well as the title. Anyone in particular played it recently?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 05, 2014, 03:06:31 pm »

*Internet connection required.
One unit set.
:/

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 06, 2014, 12:14:44 am »

While I haven't been keeping a too close eye on this, from reading a few comments it does seem like the game is released but not entirely finished, with the online requirement for skirmish and lower variation of biomes and... unit styles or something?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 06, 2014, 01:49:37 am »

Game isn't really finished. I think they wanted the release to coincide with PAX, and they missed the mark. Balance isn't even half finished and the release version has a few bugs as well (and a couple that have been known about for a while...) PA version itself is around .7

Offline play is coming, though it seems weird the "release" boxed copies will have to patch to get offline play.

Things that came with the launch week were gas giants and metal planet annihilazors (death stars).

Also, there's a pretty good trailer to go with the release.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: September 06, 2014, 02:18:05 am »

aaaww I was waiting for the release offline mode to gift the game to my brother, he has download bandwidth but unstable internet overall.

edit: cannot find any info on this, are all commanders equal?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 03:20:41 pm by LoSboccacc »

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 13, 2014, 02:02:01 am »

They're just cosmetic microtransations.

It runs a lot better than it did 2 weeks ago, but they're a long, long way from having 40 players in the same game.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: October 06, 2014, 07:28:14 pm »

Oi, thread.
October 9th.
Offline mode.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: October 06, 2014, 08:11:21 pm »

Oi, thread.
October 9th.
Offline mode.
Fixed your link!

And it looks like they've got something else for PA in development too!

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's on sale for $5. Is it any good?

The newer reviews are a lot more positive and basically seem to say that everything that was (rightly) moaned about has been fixed or at least improved on significantly. My understanding was that they basically released an beta version of the game (missing textures and all) and took forever fixing basic issues like saving/loading and pathing. I'm looking forward to giving it a proper try now and will report back!

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Porjate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd say it's worth $5 now, especially with most of the issues ironed out from release. Can't say too much about competitive multiplayer, but I had some good fun with friends against the AI, which is quite good at expanding and harassing your forces, although there were issues with it not building nuke defences resulting in a fairly anti-climatic win. Not sure if they improved Galactic conquest since I last played it apart from a save function, but it didn't feel that fun or well developed; more of a tacked-on feature after release.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

It's 5 dollars on Steam, but also 5 dollars at Bundle Stars with nine other games, including one of the Stalker games.  I grabbed that last night but have yet to test drive it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 40