Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40

Author Topic: Planetary Annihilation: The dubiousness of expandalone patches. Also Titans.  (Read 72865 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetary Annihilation:TA-inspired RTS: Alpha complaints edition
« Reply #480 on: June 23, 2013, 04:32:38 pm »

I'd totally play that :D
(Somewhat relevant: KSP unmodded epic space battle.)

Odd I thought they specifically said they would never add in space combat.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: Planetary Annihilation:TA-inspired RTS: Alpha complaints edition
« Reply #481 on: June 23, 2013, 05:38:58 pm »

I'd totally play that :D
(Somewhat relevant: KSP unmodded epic space battle.)

Odd I thought they specifically said they would never add in space combat.
Squad? They didn't. That guy is just using parts in a creative way.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetary Annihilation:TA-inspired RTS: Alpha be alpha.
« Reply #482 on: June 24, 2013, 09:23:00 am »

Oh man that is -awesome-

We need KSP multiplayer.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #483 on: July 16, 2013, 06:42:24 pm »

My brother brought this up earlier today.

Saw the price. It's damn near £70

It looks awesome, but like hell I'm paying that much for basically ANY game!
That price is for early access. Wait and it will go down.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 17, 2013, 01:18:45 am »

It'll go down to $40 or less for finished game.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Isdar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 27, 2013, 03:06:44 am »

So, the beta's been released.

yay

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 27, 2013, 03:13:59 am »

What's it like? Has the quality been improved already?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 27, 2013, 04:02:03 am »

£70?

Damn, I could get it for 60€ if I didn't already.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 27, 2013, 04:10:11 am »

I've partly been waiting for some new screenshots on the Steam store page. I believe most of the images there are concept art available since the Kickstarter event.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 27, 2013, 04:11:30 am »

What features are in the beta, and which are yet to be added? Considering upgrading my pledge to get in on that stuff.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 27, 2013, 04:41:36 am »

Interplanetary warfare, smashing planets, orbital combat, just to name a few.
Still 2expensive4me.

Official beta trailer

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 27, 2013, 05:43:25 am »

I really hope this end up better than shitcom 2. Someone please tell me it's more along the lines of TA or Supcom 1 right now.

Also I'm a bit appalled that steam once again has not done the translation of dollars to pounds. Where I paid $40 for beta steam currently wants £40.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 27, 2013, 05:47:37 am »

I really hope this end up better than shitcom 2. Someone please tell me it's more along the lines of TA or Supcom 1 right now.

Also I'm a bit appalled that steam once again has not done the translation of dollars to pounds. Where I paid $40 for beta steam currently wants £40.

Americans can't deal with the idea of a currency stronger than their own, apparently.

Also, what was wrong with supcom2? I really enjoyed it.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 27, 2013, 06:27:19 am »

SupCom 2 felt a lot less "Epic" than the first game, but it was a great game by itself, especially when playing with a few mates. We've tried SupCom 1 multiplayer too but felt it took too long to do any of the real epic stuff and without ever reaching the epic units, the game became a lot more shallow than its sequel. In 2, I could have an experimental in the first 5 minutes and it felt as strong as it should feel at that point in the game.
In 1, my jaw dropped to the floor upon seeing some of the experimentals. Problem is, some of them took more than 60 minutes to build. Not really practical in a normal multiplayer game.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 27, 2013, 08:16:23 am »

SupCom 2 felt a lot less "Epic" than the first game, but it was a great game by itself, especially when playing with a few mates. We've tried SupCom 1 multiplayer too but felt it took too long to do any of the real epic stuff and without ever reaching the epic units, the game became a lot more shallow than its sequel. In 2, I could have an experimental in the first 5 minutes and it felt as strong as it should feel at that point in the game.
In 1, my jaw dropped to the floor upon seeing some of the experimentals. Problem is, some of them took more than 60 minutes to build. Not really practical in a normal multiplayer game.

Personally I feel that the length of time it took was just right, it felt like when you got a experimental you coul dominate everything and it truly made them feel like epic machines of war after spending 40 minute building one. For instance me and a friend use to have tournaments on supcom 1 which would last 12 hours for us and we would have like periods of Cold War where we had stacked up nukes and daring each over to start the nuclear war or to scout and that would cause retaliation. Supcom 1 felt like a RTS of epic scale like every move and decision you made would effect the end even loosing a small squad of tech 1's.

Supcom2 on the other hand hand like 10 different types of unit flu each faction, next to no tech tree the experimentals felt like regular units and you needed them just to be able to compete in a match because basic units were so useless. The experimentals just felt like eh I have 20 experimental units what of it.

I just want PA to give the sense of epic proportions supcom 1 gave you an make it clunky and don't cut out all the meat like what they did with supcom2
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40