Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Armored and armed trolls  (Read 1386 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Armored and armed trolls
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 08:35:08 am »

Cool.
Wait, dogs are COMMON_DOMESTIC and have TRAINABLE...ah, TRAINABLE must not work. Thanks for the info, Quietust!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 08:49:32 am »

Cool.
Wait, dogs are COMMON_DOMESTIC and have TRAINABLE...ah, TRAINABLE must not work. Thanks for the info, Quietust!
No, [TRAINABLE] is just a shortcut for [TRAINABLE_HUNTING] and [TRAINABLE_WAR]. The reason they don't work is probably because they're domestic - siege minions are likely only drawn from wild animal populations.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2012, 09:09:37 am »

Ah. So, if I gave dogs a biome...then goblins might come with packs of war dogs?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2012, 09:46:32 am »

Ah. So, if I gave dogs a biome...then goblins might come with packs of war dogs?
Try it out and let us know what happens. If you've got a new enough version of DFHack, you should even be able to check the results in memory instead of having to wait for a siege:

Code: [Select]
for a,b in pairs(df.global.world.entities.all) do
  print(dfhack.TranslateName(b.name), df.global.world.raws.creatures.all[b.race].name[0])
  for c,d in pairs(b.resources.animals.minion_races) do
    e = df.global.world.raws.creatures.all[d].caste[b.resources.animals.minion_castes[c]]
    print(e.caste_name[0], e.gender == 0 and '(female)' or e.gender == 1 and '(male)' or '(no gender)')
  end
  print('-')
end
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.
Pages: 1 [2]