Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 370933 times)

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!
« Reply #1935 on: April 25, 2013, 05:15:19 pm »

Moni and his two companions were wandering about as they were inclined to do when they stumbled across three openings in the earth. Panda and Ivy were reluctant to go in, but Moni, not the brightest but certainly the most enthusiastic, stumbled into the middle doorway with a vague desire to find something useful. He drunkenly swayed and tripped past many of the traps and dead bodies, occasionally picking up a few things (the scrolls Redd left behind, some rope, and a still-lit torch). It took him a second to realize he was in a tomb of some sort, so there might be treasure. After staring for long minutes at the three-armed Gargoyle statue, he cluelessly puttered about until he reached the altar room, quite by accident.

Moni raised his torch high and as the light fell upon the skeleton his face contorted with confusion and anger. "YOU THINK YOU'RE GONNA KEEP THE TREASURE FROM ME?! THINK AGAIN LARRY!" In one swift movement, Moni threw a bottle of alcohol at the skeleton, from behind the safety of the furthest pews.
The Newcomer appears from nowhere, slamming a bottle into the floating mystic skull[Autosuccess] 1 damage
"...Larry?"

Scream in bloodlust (bonemarrowlust?). MURDERIZE SKULL!
[13]A magic missile slams into the skull, cracking loose a huge chunk of bone and leaving it reeling. It looks to be on its last legs. Er... neck, I suppose.1 damage
The Ghost, fearing the end of his master's life, swings violently at the new arrival. [15]1 damage
The skull, meanwhile, takes aim at the mage who nearly destroyed him[18+5] But to no avail.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: April 25, 2013, 05:17:07 pm »

...I'm a fighter now.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: April 25, 2013, 05:20:50 pm »

Oh... Oops. My bad, must have missed that detail somewhere along the line.
Pretty much everything that just happened isn't changed by that, though. Just swap out "Magic missile" for "Large smashy object."

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: April 25, 2013, 07:05:08 pm »

BLAST THE SKULL WITH EVERYTHING  If you're wondering I've been sick
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: April 25, 2013, 09:07:21 pm »

Sword to the skull!

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: April 27, 2013, 06:03:30 pm »

BLAST THE SKULL WITH EVERYTHING  If you're wondering I've been sick
[16] A mighty fireball spell explodes inside the vault, burning the skull even more.1 damage
Sword to the skull!
[Autosuccess] You stab at the skull one last time. It breaks apart into tiny pieces, leaving behind a small collection of gems, some of which still have the souls of the adventurers who preceded you into the tomb, all of whom were actually the two of you. Now all that stands between you guys and unrestricted access to the treasure room is one royally pissed off ghost.
The Ghost, having taken damage from the fireball, angrily swings at the newly arrived mage.[20] Oh shit...1 damage and cuts him in half. Ah, the perils of having only one hit point.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: April 28, 2013, 12:20:55 am »

Well damn Cairn stabs it in the etcoplasmic nuts
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: April 28, 2013, 02:18:51 am »

SCREAM IN ECTOPLASMLUST! MURDERIZE!

((I have the internet again!))

Pandemonious Ivy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: April 28, 2013, 10:09:08 am »

((Was totes in the altar room, but this works too. ^_^))

Moni narrows his eyes at the ghost before growling at it. He pulls out his trusty sledgehammer, covers it in alcohol, then sets it on fire with his torch before jumping in to attack the Ghost.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: April 30, 2013, 01:58:54 am »

SCREAM IN ECTOPLASMLUST! MURDERIZE!

((I have the internet again!))
[autosuccess]phase roll[81] Unfortunately, the ghost has little substance and is able to phase through your expert sword strike without harm.
Well damn Cairn stabs it in the etcoplasmic nuts
[20]Phase roll[31] Yep, that is a fine ectoplasmic nut stabbing. Fresh from his gloating over avoiding flameboy's attack, he fails to notice you sweeping in to perform a posthumous amateur vasectomy. 1 damageFeel free to add "Ghost Nuts" to your inventory.
((Was totes in the altar room, but this works too. ^_^))

Moni narrows his eyes at the ghost before growling at it. He pulls out his trusty sledgehammer, covers it in alcohol, then sets it on fire with his torch before jumping in to attack the Ghost.
[Autosuccess] Phase roll[8] You strike hard with a flaming, booze-drenched sledgehammer. Even more delightful, he's yet to recover from Cairn's nutstabbing and fails to phase through the strike.1 damage
the Ghost is looking noticeably less substantial, but he has yet to be destroyed.
[4] Unfortunately, he is also on fire and bleeding from the Ghost-scrotum, so he is far too distracted to pull off a successful attack this round.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: April 30, 2013, 04:34:52 pm »

well damn throw my knife in his eye ( I sadly forgot to spawn with  throwing knives this time)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: April 30, 2013, 06:10:05 pm »

Perform the ancient Killstabby family technique: Killstabbing!

Pandemonious Ivy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: May 01, 2013, 02:04:41 pm »

Again with the Sledgehammer of Flames to the face!

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: May 02, 2013, 11:15:42 pm »

well damn throw my knife in his eye ( I sadly forgot to spawn with  throwing knives this time)
[14] [32]You hit him, and he fails to phase, your knife popping out his ghost eye. You didn't even know that was possible. It's kinda gross, actually.
Perform the ancient Killstabby family technique: Killstabbing!
[Autosuccess][20] Another hit, another failure to phase. You left a hole in his chest you could see through. I mean, if he weren't already a ghost.
Again with the Sledgehammer of Flames to the face!
[Autosuccess][38] With one final slam, you knock his head clean off. The ectoplasm dissolves, leaving the three of you alone in the treasure vault.
Well, Let the Looting begin!

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: May 03, 2013, 03:30:14 am »

Well first go grab my knife and the ghost nuts then start appraisal of everything in the room
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 134