Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371343 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!
« Reply #1650 on: January 29, 2013, 10:20:04 pm »

I start sticking things into the slots. Anything that will fit. Coins, swords, rings, particularly thin adventurers, whatever I can get my hands on.
Be glad I'm not near this guy.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: January 30, 2013, 03:51:48 am »

Grab the minotaur (Tank) and use him as a battering ram to try and smash the door down.

failing that, (if tat takes up a turn) in the turn after stick my sword as far as possible into the holes one by one until something happens.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: January 30, 2013, 06:11:57 pm »

Collect rope and tinder, name rope 'Stonesmashers the Deadly Coil', then follow someone.

Congratulations, your rope has gained enough EXP to level up and become Stonesmashers the Deadly Coil! Aw Yea-

Wait. You didn't get any EXP... Of course, you're not going to complain, seeing as Stonesmashers is strong enough to bash your skull in if it wanted to. But still...

"I MELTED STONE!"
Have a hearty chuckle, follow the others, let everyone else go down passage ways first.

Heh heh heh.

There, was that hearty enough? I can do heartier if you want.

Go back down the corridor that the golem rolled out of and search it

Razdak puts away his cheese and scurries down the golem corridor.

You all go back down the corridor and through the door that the golem burst out of to find...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Follow the rest of the party, and try casting Summon Ancestral Spirits and asking them to scout beyond the door. After making a small sacrifice of coins to appease them. (Or, in more meta-gamey terms; to hopefully get a bonus to my roll. :P)

[3] The spirits hate your attempt at meta-gaming and refuse to do anything despite how much gold you offer. Geez, thanks a lot guys.

I am... unclean.
Stand around. Loiter. Take up space and resources.

[8] You needless take up space and resources. However, due to your low(ish) roll, you decide to sit down instead of stand around. Ooh, how terrible. Wish you did better on that roll, don't you?

Oh, I can get free items? Missed that.

Head back to town a bit sheepishly, procuring:
-As much rope as possible (no more than one item slot)
-A grappling hook
-A miner's pick
-A climber's kit

Once these have been obtained, return to the dungeon and examine the entrance.

While the village of Badend isn't large enough to be considered a town, it does have rope, a grappling hook, a pick and a climber's kit to sell to you (they take credit and traveller's check). Obviously you aren't the first adventurer to brave the tomb, and you probably won't be the last.

Having collected your items you head back to the entrance of the dungeon. Said entrance is... Uh...

A low, flat-topped hill, about 200 yards wide and 300 yards long, protrudes from the earth. Ugly weeds, thorns, and briars grow upon the steep sides and bald top of the 60-foot-high mound. Black rocks crown the hilltop. The north side of the hill is fronted by a 20-foot high crumbling cliff of sand and gravel. A low stone ledge overhangs this eroded area, and shrubs and bushes obscure it from observation at a distance.

Oh, and three holes have been dug into the hillside. With your party ESP, you know which one is the real entrance to the tomb.

I start sticking things into the slots. Anything that will fit. Coins, swords, rings, particularly thin adventurers, whatever I can get my hands on.
Be glad I'm not near this guy.

Also, due to said party ESP, you also feel an acute sense of relief. You may about to walk into a horrible death trap, but at least you're not anywhere near this fellow, amiright?

Use Magic Missile to knock some rocks off of a nearby wall, and try to use push to make it fit the hole. Then put said rock into the hole.

[18] Nice try, but your abilities with magic are nowhere near good enough to shape stone just like that. Plus I'm pretty sure that pushing stone like that will just make it shatter into a bunch of tiny and useless pieces. Oh well.

Poke at the holes with my daggers. If I can somehow pick the door do so instead.

[4] The door is way beyond your ability to pick. Way, way beyond.

Poking at the slots with your dagger yields more results. Namely, at the back of each hole is some kind of button. Obviously you can't be too careful, so you leave the buttons alone for now.

Luckily for the property and sanity of your fellow adventurers, your throwing knives are just the right size to fit into the slots. Well, part of the adventurer's sanity. I'm sure that the other part is crying out in fear as you blindly dick around with the door. Anyways after putting the knives in as far as they can go, something terrible[/b] wonderful happens.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Potion Coffer (click to show/hide)

Interview went awesome, hence the update today. You better enjoy it (because I did).

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: January 30, 2013, 06:26:01 pm »

WOOOO, ARCHITECTURE!
Admire architecture.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: January 30, 2013, 06:26:50 pm »

WOOOO, ARCHITECTURE!
Admire architecture.

You admire the architecture. It is indeed, quite admirable. Next!

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: January 30, 2013, 06:44:44 pm »

Check the pillar-hall for traps.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: January 30, 2013, 06:59:49 pm »

Thank GM for repeating the description.

Enter the real entrance. Carefully.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1657 on: January 30, 2013, 07:06:58 pm »

before others go and set off any traps I take one of the golem wheels and rolls it down the pillar hall
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: January 30, 2013, 08:00:58 pm »

Razdak attempts to thoroughly explore the empty 20x20 room.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: January 30, 2013, 09:11:44 pm »

I head across the room, avoiding the pillars and seeking the glowing object.
If it looks valuable, I check it for traps and then pocket it quickly.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: January 31, 2013, 03:09:53 am »

Appear in the pillar room, tell the others not to touch the pillars, examine the eyes of the faces on the pillars, do not touch.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: January 31, 2013, 04:30:40 am »

Follow Wall II CAREFULLY and make sure he doesn't pocket anything valuable that could help the party.

If something attacks, bust a sexy move and then CHARGE!!!!!

(OOC realisation: I love playing the blonde aired, blue eyed beauty)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 07:10:30 am by kahn1234 »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: January 31, 2013, 07:05:54 am »

Don't touch the pillars?
Suppress the urge to hug one of the pillars.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: January 31, 2013, 08:27:16 am »

Don't touch the pillars?
Suppress the urge to hug one of the pillars.
I have a disturbing trap theroy about them, the faces may hold the answer.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: January 31, 2013, 11:53:55 am »

Run headfirst into one of the pillars to see if it will set off any sort of trap.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 134