Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371927 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Spoilers!
« Reply #1080 on: October 03, 2012, 06:24:39 pm »

I thought Kitsune, which are fox spirits who can take on human form, but have facial features or marks that hint at their nature. Also, the ball on the staff is his/her cleverly-hidden starball, the source of their magical power... and kinda like their phylactery, in that it holds their soul.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 06:26:45 pm by Solifuge »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: October 03, 2012, 06:33:59 pm »

I never specified which lore to use, and while I imagined the ears (not a tail, though.) still makes good sense.

Enraged, start casting Half Weight at EVERYTHING.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 06:36:51 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: October 03, 2012, 06:54:39 pm »

Who's glad they stayed in the stairs this turn? I am.

Watch the group trying to cross from the stairs and try to figure out how to get to the other side without triggering the spikes.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: October 03, 2012, 07:34:12 pm »

I have to admit those are some spectacular sprites.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: October 03, 2012, 07:34:18 pm »

I missed a detail where you mentioned a tail in a prior post.
Spoiler: As such... (click to show/hide)

Also, the calm response to magically making yourself overweight would be to hit the undo button unmagic yourself back to normal.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 07:41:58 pm by Solifuge »

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: October 03, 2012, 07:39:01 pm »

calm response

I don't like doing things that way.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 09:24:10 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: October 03, 2012, 07:55:14 pm »

I grab some healing juice and then pull anyone who gets too close to the slime away again (Anyone that’s not Midna). 
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: October 04, 2012, 09:19:39 am »

I think the others have the cube situation handled, I can help you guys. Here, have a heal spell.

[5] Generally you need a target for a healing spell, but you would have failed anyway, so it's a moot point.

Malaken giggles at Nikita III's fumble, then tells everyone to clear out of the room, then casts fireball upon the cube!

[7] Your fireball quickly burns a hole in the gelatinous cube. 1 damage

I cast levitate on myself and Glide happily to my spikey death The other side of the chasm.
Oh, and I take a rope from someone on the way over.

Grabbing a rope from Hans and leaving the Polymorph scroll behind, you cast Levitate.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

KILL THE CUBE!

[AUTOSUCCESS] You hack a large chunk out of the cube. 1 damage

Razdak casts Gust of Wind at the cube to try to blow it apart.

[3] Your gust of wind turns out to be more of a light breeze, and at most cools the cube down a bit.

Cairn stands there bored thinking of what to do that WON'T trigger the spike trap again. Then he runs back upstairs into the dungeon looking for a chair.

[8] Not touching the bottom part of the pit? Going along the sides? Also, there is a distinct lack of intact furniture so far. Well, the false lich had that golden couch, but Nikita II kinda fed it to the cube.

Cloakless and Boozeless... a fate worse than death!

As much as I respect the slimecube for its ability to hold its liquor, I charge it with my axe, keeping the shield up in case it tries to goop me again.

[AUTOSUCCESS] You hack at the slime several times, tearing large gashes into its... flesh? 1 damage

The cube quivers for several seconds after your ferocious onslaught, before collapsing into a puddle of goop. Or whatever happens to gelatinous cubes when they die. Hopefully nobody is walking around barefoot.

Enraged, start casting Half Weight at EVERYTHING.

[AUTOFAIL] Too much EVERYTHING exists for you to affect it with Half Weight.

Watch the group trying to cross from the stairs and try to figure out how to get to the other side without triggering the spikes.

[18] Uh... You're a Rogue. You could always just climb along the side of the corridor without going into the spike trap at all.

I grab some healing juice and then pull anyone who gets too close to the slime away again (Anyone that’s not Midna). 

The slime is pretty dead, so you just grab a magic potion from Midna's stash. You know, it is getting kinda low.

Spoiler: Brave Adventurers (click to show/hide)

Seriously, what are you saying? I'm confused.

I'm... not exactly sure right now.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: October 04, 2012, 09:36:55 am »

((I thought the walls were smooth, as in unclimbable...))

Climb across the pit along the wall.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: October 04, 2012, 09:40:56 am »

Wait Wait. Was I already on the other side of the pit? Either way I could get over there ALREADY???? Of course that 10 foot pole could've been used then.....
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: October 04, 2012, 09:45:56 am »

Climb across the pit along the wall.

[13] You easily climb across the pit to its eastern side.

Nah, that was only for the walls in the lava trap. The rest of the dungeon is constructed out of rough masonry blocks. If you wanted to, you could probably go through the entire dungeon without touching the ground.

Wait Wait. Was I already on the other side of the pit? Either way I could get over there ALREADY???? Of course that 10 foot pole could've been used then.....

Err... No, you're still on the western side of the pit with everybody else.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: October 04, 2012, 09:48:52 am »

Hoi! I'm a rogue, I'm supposed to get a bonus to climbing!

Investigate this end of the corridor.

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: October 04, 2012, 09:51:45 am »

Hahah! Sweet sweet victory. This won't last long.
I secure the grappling end to something on the ceiling with my mage hand, give it a few quick test tugs, then assuming everything checks out, I toss the other end of the rope back over to the others.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:53:38 am by greymountain_Sage »
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: October 04, 2012, 11:50:43 am »

Nah, that was only for the walls in the lava trap. The rest of the dungeon is constructed out of rough masonry blocks. If you wanted to, you could probably go through the entire dungeon without touching the ground.

:o

I climb along the walls across the pit. I remain clinging to the walls, because ground is overrated.

8)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: October 04, 2012, 12:52:08 pm »

I climb along the walls across the pit. That probably would've been information to give a while ago.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 04:10:49 pm by zacen299 »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 134