Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371171 times)

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Pissed about spoilers
« Reply #255 on: August 25, 2012, 06:26:31 pm »

"Deeper down this hole we go, Where it ends i don't know." I follow the others, weapons ready
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 25, 2012, 06:27:13 pm »

Im not convinced the magic, gold wall is the way we should go honestly... so im gonna continue staring down the gargoyle until something comes to me. ((Would do more, but im trapped away from a computer and getting a free meal at a wedding reception for people i've never met, so ill have time to think :p))

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 25, 2012, 06:37:21 pm »

I take cover and wait for blood curdling screams. If I hear none, cautiously peek at the gold wall.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 25, 2012, 06:46:48 pm »

I charge through as the golden wall as well, wand at the ready.[/url]

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Delving the Tomb of Horrors: So many balls...
« Reply #259 on: August 25, 2012, 08:43:19 pm »

: GNHS rushes through the golden wall.

"For gold and glory!" I charge after him.

I charge through as the golden wall as well, wand at the ready.[/url]

"Deeper down this hole we go, Where it ends i don't know." I follow the others, weapons ready

Having somehow picked up Redd T. Shir, squad expendable charges down the crawlway. Well, obviously they crawl down the crawlway, but they're charging metaphorically or something. One by one they go through the illusionary wall.

I take cover and wait for blood curdling screams. If I hear none, cautiously peek at the gold wall.

Having heard nothing but thumps and scattered curses, Dr. Malpracteece decides to peek at the gold wall. Seeing nothing terrifying, he pokes his head through the wall.

The floor of this long, wide hall is inlaid with tiles, and the walls and ceiling are painted with figures of animals and strange signs and glyphs. Humans and humanlike creatures hold painted spheres, each a different color from the next.

The hall is, unsurprisingly, twenty feet wide, with the tall ceiling stretching impressively above you. Unfortunately your torchlight isn't strong enough to illuminate the entire length of the hall. The module doesn't exactly specify, but the spheres have to be separated by about ten feet each. Therefore you can see... five spheres on each side. Well, let's make it six, for the sake of the illustration.

Im not convinced the magic, gold wall is the way we should go honestly... so im gonna continue staring down the gargoyle until something comes to me. ((Would do more, but im trapped away from a computer and getting a free meal at a wedding reception for people i've never met, so ill have time to think :p))

[10] After several minutes of staring, a eureka moment comes to you! The depressions in the gargoyle's hand are the perfect size for a large gem! Don't ask me how you figured that out, I'm just following the module here. The village of Badend might have some gems that you could pick up for cheap, but obviously you'd have to find your way there first.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: So many balls...
« Reply #260 on: August 25, 2012, 08:55:38 pm »

Search. For. Traps.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 25, 2012, 09:08:11 pm »

"Oh gods... Alright, keep an eye on those things. Maybe its part of some weird puzzle. "  I stand ready to fight anything coming further down the hall.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 25, 2012, 09:16:21 pm »

I'll start sticking my torch in any spheres I can reach, checking to see if it gets dissolved or sucked in (and letting go if it seems like it's getting sucked).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 25, 2012, 09:30:16 pm »

Follow the others into the golden wall. Search the floor and walls for traps, then watch Kadzar behave suicidally investigate the spheres.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 25, 2012, 09:57:19 pm »

Well, crap. Seeing as I have no gems of any sort, and no way to obtain them, AND everyone has left the current room, I guess I'll hurry after them and go down the crawl way of death, following everyone else who bravely went through.

Updated map: assuming the hallway goes as depicted, otherwise it can be altered a bit.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 06:26:26 am by Lich180 »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 25, 2012, 10:04:15 pm »

Search for hidden doors and treasure multiple times. If I still haven't found anything, then head through the gold wall.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 25, 2012, 11:41:48 pm »

Was at camp so I cast detect magic on the walls when I catch up with the group.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 26, 2012, 02:09:49 am »

Detect Magic on the spheres. If yes, run like hell.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 26, 2012, 09:46:02 am »

I cast Wild Magic on the green sphere.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 26, 2012, 10:54:11 am »

I cast Wild Magic on the green sphere.
You are asking for trouble.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 134