Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 134

Author Topic: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!  (Read 371179 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Delving the Tomb of Horrors: Lincoln is no match for Acererak!
« Reply #1755 on: March 04, 2013, 03:27:10 pm »

"God Damn it guys!"
Ethereal walk, try to get out.

Excellent...
Good thing I'm being the Guinea pig!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: March 04, 2013, 03:55:29 pm »

Return to the party. Taunt the bubble people with my nudity.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: March 04, 2013, 04:04:32 pm »

"God Damn it guys!"
I know, right? Although if it's a force effect in the D&D sense, ethereality doesn't permit you to get through it.

Excellent...

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: March 04, 2013, 05:33:57 pm »

crush the gem with the pommel of my sword. CRUSH THE DAMN THING NOW!!!! *desperation mode activate*
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 06:04:05 pm by kahn1234 »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: March 04, 2013, 05:36:31 pm »

"God Damn it guys!"
I know, right? Although if it's a force effect in the D&D sense, ethereality doesn't permit you to get through it.

Excellent...

I kinda want to make the next turn now, what with all the hilarity going on...

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: March 04, 2013, 05:39:08 pm »

I recommend cutting open the guy who ate the gem and then crushing it. As for the bubble, dispel magic or wait for 3 days :P.

As for me, I will use Detect Magic again on the middle door (There was a middle door, right?) and do the same as with the left. If there isn't a middle door, enter right door and use detect magic on sarcophagus and open it if there's no magic, but keep staff as the ready if something does come out.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: March 04, 2013, 05:57:46 pm »

Catch up to the next group of adventurers with Party ESP.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: March 04, 2013, 06:05:22 pm »

i'm going to die, aren't I?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: March 04, 2013, 06:08:45 pm »

Not if you're clever and get go- BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

I can't say that with a straight face. Though you might possibly be less screwed tagging along with anailater. Possibly.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: March 04, 2013, 06:14:27 pm »

((Hooray! only a 90% chance of death for me!))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: March 04, 2013, 06:17:08 pm »

Hey I've made it clear I'm here to cause havoc most of the time. I'll help when it's important but most of the time? NAAAAHHH also remember Cairn is effectively immortal theretofore he (and by extension me) couldn't give less than a shit about dying. Also seriously how many pieces are we going to end up in by the end of this?
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: March 04, 2013, 10:32:35 pm »

"God Damn it guys!"
[18]An excellent idea! Unfortunately, this is the tomb of horrors, and they've thought of that.
1d100:[86]
A giant, muscular demon with four arms, each ending in a horrifying weapon, towers over you in the ethereal realm. The Creature spots you immediately and swoops upon you. [18]1 damage
Yeah, turns out the etheral plane is guarded, too. As the spell expires, a mutilated wizard corpse appears just outside the bubble. So, look on the bright side, at least you aren't trapped any more.

Return to the party. Taunt the bubble people with my nudity.
Yep, that is some fine taunting. Of course, they're a bit preoccupied by the impending doom brought upon them by the wishing gem.

crush the gem with the pommel of my sword. CRUSH THE DAMN THING NOW!!!! *desperation mode activate*
[2] Unfortunately, it's a very sturdy gem. It's also glowing even hotter now.

I recommend cutting open the guy who ate the gem and then crushing it. As for the bubble, dispel magic or wait for 3 days :P.

As for me, I will use Detect Magic again on the middle door (There was a middle door, right?) and do the same as with the left. If there isn't a middle door, enter right door and use detect magic on sarcophagus and open it if there's no magic, but keep staff as the ready if something does come out.
[17] It detects free of magic, and you open the door.
This 10-foot-square chamber contains many
martial war decorations, which consist of crossed
swords over round shields.
Catch up to the next group of adventurers with Party ESP.
Welcome to the pillar room. Watch your step, the floor is covered with chunks of adventurer.

And finally, the Gem of wishing does what we all knew it was going to do, it explodes. The two people still in the force bubble are caught in the explosion. Let's see if they can save out of it:
[8][3+5]
Nope. 100 damage
After exploding and reducing the adventurers to ash covered bone, the gem dissolves into a viscous purple slop. Ewwwww...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 10:36:53 pm by greymountain_Sage »
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: March 04, 2013, 10:44:27 pm »

DAAAAAMN. Uhhhh well fuck Cairn runs into the dungeon chased by a gigantic army of bears snakes and wolves. (Let the traps kill them I say) finding his way back to where he was. Also Items: Lantern, Lockpicks and a Grappling Hook. The usual. (No unless you want to be really assholeish I expect those animals to be dead by the time Cairn reaches the party.)
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

greymountain_Sage

• Bay Watcher
  • This person is quite mad. Enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: March 04, 2013, 10:46:53 pm »

DAAAAAMN. Uhhhh well fuck Cairn runs into the dungeon chased by a gigantic army of bears snakes and wolves. (Let the traps kill them I say) finding his way back to where he was. Also Items: Lantern, Lockpicks and a Grappling Hook. The usual. (No unless you want to be really assholeish I expect those animals to be dead by the time Cairn reaches the party.)
I could fuse them all together into a supermutant bear/wolf with hundreds of snakes coming off of its skin, but fortunately for you, I'm much too lazy to actually stat that thing up.
"There are no traps in this roo-"
-Last words of an impatient adventurer.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: March 04, 2013, 10:48:56 pm »

Loot chunks of adventurer. Search for nondangerous exits.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 134