Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24

Author Topic: The Bay12 Space Program - Logistics & Info  (Read 51883 times)

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 Space Program - Logistics & Info
« Reply #285 on: August 24, 2012, 09:31:35 am »

i demand cameras in the women quarter bathrooms !
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 24, 2012, 09:40:50 am »

If you're going to follow that road, I'd recommend the showers.

I guarantee, there's nothing sexier going on at their toilets than yours.  Unless, of course, you're into that kind of thing.  I won't judge.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 24, 2012, 10:53:11 am »

"try BrainfreezTM and you will be in all kind of things"
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 24, 2012, 12:21:04 pm »

I believe there should be an extensive system of surveillance that covers everyone at all times.

And for added awesome, it should be done with 50's technology.

[Hitler and Himmler stand in a small room. On a table there is a giant black box.]
Hitler: What is this giant black box?
Himmler: It presumably is a bug, planted by the enemy.
Hitler: Aren't we going to remove it?
Himmler: No - nobody can lift the damn thing!

We could make all the video footage we need for our space program from der untergang with alternate subtitles!
Genius!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 24, 2012, 01:16:05 pm »

"try BrainfreezTM and you will be in all kind of things"

Dear god no. At first Brainfreeztm is awesome. Then it takes your soul.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 24, 2012, 05:07:10 pm »

I haven't read the entirety of both threads, but I want to ask:

Has the landing site been chosen?  If it has direct me to the page number that it is on.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 24, 2012, 05:30:20 pm »

We've decided on having the test colony be constructed in Canada, though I think we've come to any solid conclusions on where exactly in Canada. Or where exactly on Mars we will be attempting to land, for that matter.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 24, 2012, 06:41:52 pm »

We've decided on having the test colony be constructed in Canada, though I think we've come to any solid conclusions on where exactly in Canada. Or where exactly on Mars we will be attempting to land, for that matter.

Shouldn't that be the focus, then?  I think you can survey mars in google earth...
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 24, 2012, 10:43:31 pm »

Shouldn't that be the focus, then?  I think you can survey mars in google earth...
But not geological deposits. We need someone on that. Besides, it won't exactly be relevant for a few years,, unless you have the needed money right now.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 25, 2012, 04:15:52 am »

we could embark on olimpus mons , for cheap magma forges .

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 25, 2012, 04:31:44 am »

we could embark on olimpus mons , for cheap magma forges .
\Fifth time so far, Mars has been geologically dead for half a million years. Olypus mons is just a pile of rocks and ice.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 25, 2012, 04:49:56 am »

under like 1km or more there is still magma .

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 25, 2012, 05:53:28 am »

I doubt it. The core of mars has run out of fissile materials and has stopped rotating. So I'm not sure why you would expect magma near the surface when the hottest part of Mars' insides has gone cold.
We know this because there isn't a magnetic field, if the core was molten then there would still be one. But there isn't.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 25, 2012, 06:05:18 am »

I doubt it. The core of mars has run out of fissile materials and has stopped rotating. So I'm not sure why you would expect magma near the surface when the hottest part of Mars' insides has gone cold.
We know this because there isn't a magnetic field, if the core was molten then there would still be one. But there isn't.
Yup, on Earth the magma is generally found at least 2 km under the surface in volcanic places. On Mars I expect we'd have to dig though at least 1/3 of the crust, or about 10 km, before we even get geothermal warmth.

Then again, we can still land on Olympus Mons, for 4 good reasons:
1. Proclaim ourselves Gods
2. Landing on the biggest volcano
3. Underground glacier for ice and water
4. It's close to the equator, making taking off easier.

We can also abuse the fact that the top sticks out of the athmosphere for an observationall centrum, and we shouldn't have much problem with dust storms when we get high enough. Problem is that the higher we go the more dangerous solar radiation becomes, and the harder landing becomes.

EDIT: Actually, Olympus Mons Is a bad location. It stands in one of the dustied places on Mars.
PS: Fun fact, Olympus Mons is so large you can't see the entire thing from the surface. It dissapears over the horizon. So when you stand on the top, you don't even notice it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 06:09:18 am by 10ebbor10 »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 25, 2012, 12:46:54 pm »

That would be a great Yo Mama joke, you know.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 24