Yes
- 156 (42.6%)
No
- 17 (4.6%)
I have no opinion and prefer to select the zany "other" option on forum polls
- 193 (52.7%)

Total Members Voted: 364

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 84

Author Topic: I badly draw your reports!  (Read 328463 times)

zuglar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I badly draw your reports!
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2012, 01:08:48 pm »

I have two (sorry, no exact reports handy):

Setting a garbage dump at the top of the ramp that led to the stone being dumpd. 20 haulers took turns dropping rocks on each others' heads until a couple died and I figured out what the problem was.

The second was my werebison dwarf child immigrant. He was so busy strangling my last war dog that he didn't notice my marksdwarf squad bashing on him with their bronze crossbows (I think he only got two skin bruises out of a couple dozen bashes). Once the dog suffocated, he bit both arms off the nearest marksdwarf and kicked him in the right true rib, tearing apart the lung. The marksdwarf seemed surprised by the ferocity of the attack. It went downhill from there.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 01:34:12 pm by zuglar »

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2012, 01:45:27 pm »

Setting a garbage dump at the top of the ramp that led to the stone being dumpd. 20 haulers took turns dropping rocks on each others' heads until a couple died and I figured out what the problem was.
My wooden badge was delicious.

jimbobobby

• Bay Watcher
  • Ally of turtles.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2012, 02:11:50 pm »

Wonderful! Not even Urist da Vinci could have done a better job, I am impressed Goomba. Now i have a request, I do not have the logs because this event did not happen yet and that's why I call it a request. I request that you draw a horse and 4 carp fighting! Every adventurers worst nightmares brawling will surely bring forth the wrath of Armok and cause unworldly events to take place. Rivers will be safe places to sleep by! Socks will be as harmless as the gentle summer breeze! And the most shocking of all, dwarfs will use logic! Can you imagine a world where fortresses are efficient and productive? That is just contrary to reason!
When I was younger, I was a baby.
The power of an Eskimo isn't really something you should just forget about, they can cut a hole in your ice and catch a fish in minutes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2012, 02:13:46 pm »

Wonderful! Not even Urist da Vinci could have done a better job, I am impressed Goomba. Now i have a request, I do not have the logs because this event did not happen yet and that's why I call it a request. I request that you draw a horse and camel and unicorn and baby and 4 carp fighting! Every adventurers worst nightmares brawling will surely bring forth the wrath of Armok and cause unworldly events to take place. Rivers will be safe places to sleep by! Socks will be as harmless as the gentle summer breeze! And the most shocking of all, dwarfs will use logic! Can you imagine a world where fortresses are efficient and productive? That is just contrary to reason!
There you go.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2012, 04:12:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I love how happy she looks about it!  These are adorable.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Noobazzah

• Bay Watcher
  • Make lye, not war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2012, 04:24:11 pm »

I don't have the report, but once a goblin axeman got his left leg cut off by a trap and fell to a shallow pit next to it. Then his own sock hit him, shattering the left true ribs and tearing the lung!

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2012, 04:25:37 pm »

An armless zombie yeti once bit all seven of my dwarves to death within 5 minutes of embarking. Gotta love haunted glaciers.

Eldestish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2012, 05:39:46 pm »

The plump helmet man is burned by magma!
The plump helmet man is burned by magma! x128
The plump helmet man is burned by magma! x401
The goblin snatcher collides with the plump helmet man!
The plump helmet man is burned by magma! x600
The plump helmet man is burned by magma! x9001

This is what happens when I mass pit 3 plump helmet men.....
They have two of them are missing left arms and the other one has his chest cut open....
The magma pool in this case was 4-5/7
They are were still smoldering when I abandoned.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 05:54:47 pm by Eldestish »

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2012, 05:53:46 pm »

This thread is pure hilarity.  :D
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Iosyn

• Bay Watcher
  • KAKAKA
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2012, 08:31:29 pm »

I have two (sorry, no exact reports handy):

The second was my werebison dwarf child immigrant. He was so busy strangling my last war dog that he didn't notice my marksdwarf squad bashing on him with their bronze crossbows (I think he only got two skin bruises out of a couple dozen bashes). Once the dog suffocated, he bit both arms off the nearest marksdwarf and kicked him in the right true rib, tearing apart the lung. The marksdwarf seemed surprised by the ferocity of the attack. It went downhill from there.

And people wonder why I'm afraid of weregeckos. :'(

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2012, 09:57:43 pm »

I don't have the report, but once a goblin axeman got his left leg cut off by a trap and fell to a shallow pit next to it. Then his own sock hit him, shattering the left true ribs and tearing the lung!

An armless zombie yeti once bit all seven of my dwarves to death within 5 minutes of embarking. Gotta love haunted glaciers.

The plump helmet man is burned by magma!
The plump helmet man is burned by magma! x128
The plump helmet man is burned by magma! x401
The goblin snatcher collides with the plump helmet man!
The plump helmet man is burned by magma! x600
The plump helmet man is burned by magma! x9001

This is what happens when I mass pit 3 plump helmet men.....
They have two of them are missing left arms and the other one has his chest cut open....
The magma pool in this case was 4-5/7
They are were still smoldering when I abandoned.

My wooden badge was delicious.

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2012, 10:57:24 pm »

Sooooo much win in this thread, I havent laughed this much at a post on these forums so much in months. Thank you for the awesome.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2012, 11:01:59 pm »

Don't have a report of it but a dorf that was completely missing one leg and only had a stump for the other lag "grabbed a dragon's tooth with his right upper leg and then punched the dragon in the face"
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2012, 11:04:59 pm »

I got one. happened awhile ago but it was my best encounter with a giant badger ever.

Carpenter is sleeping in wood hut
Giant badger attacks it.
Carpenter wakes up, ponched it in the nose, tearing the cartilege,
GIant badger runs away from the flimsy weak dorf.
Dorf went back to sleep.

THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

The next fort that ran into giant badgers had a dorf baby used as a paintbrush by one...

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2012, 11:50:12 pm »

When I first decided to make a dwarven atom smasher garbage disposal I accidentally stacked it all with the bridge in the DOWN position... the dwarf who threw the lever basically got flayed alive by a massive shotgun blast of XXSockXXs. 
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 84