Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We now return to your (ir)regularly scheduled badassery.

Magnificent! I shall break out the champagne at once!
- 7 (77.8%)
'Bout fuckin' time, you sporadic bastard...
- 1 (11.1%)
Aww, no more tranzizzled text? :(
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 61

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2  (Read 92369 times)

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2
« Reply #765 on: October 22, 2013, 09:40:05 am »

wake up
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 29, 2013, 07:30:42 am »

TorZon The EverShifting

In its thorough search through the confines of the hospital building, TorZon is able to locate and infiltrate a total of thirteen sleeping or otherwise incapacitated patients, making its way into their lungs, carefully navigating through the vast maze of blood vessels, and ultimately reaching the brain with only minimal dissipation of its own matter. Compared to that little adventure, the act enveloping the patients' brains in a thin, gooey layer of itself, then assimilating their nervous systems while cutting off any signals of pain sent in the process could be considered a piece of cake. That is, if TorZon had even the faintest concept of what cake was. 

As the Chosen One moves onto the next step of its brilliant plan, things become slightly more difficult. The brains of living, breathing human beings are, as TorZon quickly learns, very complex and fragile things. And much to the vexation of the Chosen One, each one happens to be wired a little bit differently. The task of retrieving, reconstructing and deciphering the memories of the unconscious hospital patients requires much trial and error. Unfortunately, this harsh learning process results in six of the thirteen enveloped brains being damaged to the point that data collection of any sort becomes an impossibility...

It isn't perfect, but with a bit of practice to call upon now, TorZon soon works out a semi-reliable method of extracting the memories from the remaining seven brains, and even manages to keep the brains themselves (mostly) intact while doing so!
From these memories, the Chosen One receives a great wealth of varied information. Some of it, TorZon has no problem understanding; the basic desires for survival and security, even deeper desires for power and control, an insatiable, almost innate curiosity about the universe and existence, a subtle yet ever-present yearning for knowledge. Most of it, however, the Chosen One has trouble making any sense out of whatsoever; phobias, obsession, self-destructive behavior, undeserved admiration for certain beings, irrational hatred for others, ridiculous societal rituals and beliefs, countless hours wasted on various activities that provide no real benefit, and the list only seems to grow longer with each new memory TorZon absorbs...

With such an overwhelming abundance of apparent faults, it is truly a wonder how these humans have advanced this far.

Zanzetkuken the Great

Finding the immediate situation to have become much too troublesome for his liking, Dark Zanzetkuken planeswalks to a remote area in the Congo, and proceeds to summon up his own convincing version of the uniform he was unable to steal.
Not at all pleased with his lack of a personal headquarters in which to comfortably plot the extermination of humanity, the Planeswalker then begins to conjure himself a Crumbling Necropolis.

Though it may be gradually falling into ruin and dearly in need of a good dusting, the Necropolis shall nevertheless be a grand, sprawling city of the dead. And as such, shall take several hours of unfaltering concentration before it is fully manifested...

The Moderator(s)

His dealings with the Planeswalker finished for the time being, The Moderator jolts awake as his consciousness returns to the physical plane.

"Good, you're not dead. Did you have any luck getting in touch with the Planeswalker?"

Estimated time passed: 5 minutes.

13:15 remain.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: October 29, 2013, 11:33:40 am »

Dark: Switch base to this to save time:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Continue with previous plan

(Only the tower, not the ice!  And try to have it be overgrown on the outside, to disguise it.)
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 29, 2013, 11:56:53 am »

TorZon almost shimmered in indignation. Inefficiency! Inefficiency in the extreme! Disgusting.
But it remembers what it was doing this for. Vulnerabilities. Weak points. Every macrosystem based on leadership had them. Bring one keystone down and the whole edifice toppled.

Search incoming memories for information such as:
Who the leader of the local community is and where s/he resides
Who the leader of the overall system (head of state) is and where they reside
Details about the organization (country) I am currently in.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 30, 2013, 09:50:11 am »

"He said he'd only do it if I asked again, which is quite foolish, and his memory cuts out right when he jumped in the room, so he may be a schizo.

Oh yeah, and that Darksteel shit will explode something fierce if you pull it apart, his words."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 04, 2013, 11:47:37 pm »

Jorn knocks on the door.

When someone answers Jorn introduces himself.

"My name is Jorn Darkmane. I understand you have a ghost problem?"

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 07, 2013, 08:09:17 pm »

Zanzetkuken the Great

Suddenly realizing that the conjuring of such an expansive Base of Operations would be far too time-consuming and, truth be told, not really all that necessary to his humanity-destroying schemes, Dark Zanzetkuken tweaks his plans yet again and instead decides to bring forth a perfectly sufficient Reliquary Tower (actual relics sold summoned separately).

The manifesting of the Reliquary Tower should take around 1-2 hours; a mere fraction of the time that would have been needed to spawn the amply-sized Crumbling Necropolis.

TorZon The EverShifting

As TorZon continues absorbing the memories of the seven infiltrated patients, it begins to scan for specific information concerning its immediate whereabouts and the leaders thereof...

Several minutes of picking through the memories reveals that the Chosen One is, at this time, residing in the western portion of an immense (though largely desolate) island apparently referred to by most as Australia, within a small, coastal town bearing the name Karratha.

As for who happens to be in charge of this particular region of the globe, it would seem that the humans of this apparent island nation have managed to make such a matter just as confusing as the rest of their culture:
According to some of the data, the island nation's supreme ruler is an elderly 'queen' residing in some far-off land. At the same time, data from other memories leads TorZon to believe that it is, in fact, an individual known as the 'Governor-General' who truly makes all the important decisions of the nation, while others still suggest it is one who carries the title of 'Prime Minister' that holds most of the real power on the island. Further scanning reveals that the official residences of both the 'Prime Minister' and 'Governor-General' are located almost clear across the island, a distance spanning over a couple thousand miles.

It is almost beyond TorZon's comprehension how these humans manage to get anything done with such convoluted power structures...

Regarding public leaders on a more local scale:
From what the Chosen One can understand, this area is ruled over not by any one human, but rather, a 'council' of them. And, luckily for our little swarm of brain-infecting blobs, the headquarters of this council is—if the memories are anything to be relied upon—situated in the very same town that it has found itself involuntarily inhabiting.

The Moderator(s)

"So then, the fate of 12-14 billion souls depend on the actions a mass-murdering, schizophrenic sorcerer...and the untrustworthy, incredibly reckless individual of questionable competence that is yourself? Lovely..."

There is a small pause, followed by yet another question from his ever-inquisitive captors.

"...If you wouldn't mind, could you please disclose the details of the mission the two of you are currently on?"

Jorn Darkmane

After what feel like an unusually long time of waiting, the door of the house finally creaks open, bringing Jorn face-to-face with a tall, (unhealthily) thin woman of sickly complexion. The woman looks utterly exhausted, and does not appear to be the least bit excited about the warlock's unexpected arrival. Nevertheless, Jorn wastes no time introducing himself in a calmly manner and inquiring into the family's suspected paranormal botherations.

With a dull gaze, she briefly looks over the Chosen One, before responding to him in a rather distrustful, unwelcoming tone. "What are you, some kind of priest?"

Estimated time passed: 5 minutes.

13:10 remain.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 07, 2013, 08:23:13 pm »

Jorn tries to appear friendly.

"Lets just say, I'm someone who can help."

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 09, 2013, 05:02:14 pm »

Jorn Darkmane

A short but uncomfortable silence quickly follows the Chosen One's words, as he can plainly tell by the gaunt woman's facial expression alone that she is more than a little skeptical of his claim...

"We've had everything from Catholic priests to Native American shamans come in and try to cleanse the evil from our home...none of them did anything that helped. Some of them even made things worse. What makes you think you'll be able to do any better?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 09, 2013, 07:03:30 pm »

Have the segments that infected the people remain inside them, assimilating the brains and nervous systems of the six that were too damaged to function. Have the other seven remain as they are, passively observing, and the six I assimilated slowly recover/die from their respective illnesses/injuries as appropriate to the level of severity.
Have the segments that didn't infect anyone go off to the place where the leaders of the city are, remaining in gaseous form.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 11, 2013, 07:31:14 am »

"Hey, I can be trustworthy...

But anyways, and I know this will sound ridiculous, even to me. I mean, shit! just yesterday I was gonna visit my archaeologist friend, but then this happens.

So basically, we are a copy of some 'Original Earth', I was plucked from the future to compete here in a trial to determine who among like six of us will be in his ultimate pantheon power-team of win against some other-dimension force or some shit. So we have to either unify the world, or annihilate all humans on it. I have chosen the insane and near-impossible task of unifying 6-7 billion souls of different races, religions and convictions. I also have to protect them from whomever wishes to annihilate humanity. So then in addition to this planet of diverse squabbling hairless monkeys with atomic weapons, I also would have to step up and save this 'original earth' or some stuff. So that explains the 12-14 billion people.

Oh, and this was all mandated by the supposed 'King of all the Gods'. Goddamn I need a drink. So basically, you have to choose as your salvation a schizo-magician who can summon lots of shit, and is most likely a megalomaniac, Or a human who may only be semi-competent, schizophrenic, reckless, 'untrustworthy', and extremely unhappy with the CIA's wanting to hunt me down and make me 'pay for this cowardly terrorist attack', but saved humanity's ass TWICE, can 'often' pull off heroic actions, and oh yeah, I live here too."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 11, 2013, 02:02:57 pm »

"You want the truth? My powers are, darker, and I think, more capable."

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 15, 2013, 08:23:50 am »

Just a quickie to avoid having you guys wait another day for a relatively small update.

TorZon The EverShifting

Leaving the thirteen portions of itself to continue their respective tasks of furtive assimilation/data collection, the rest of the colorless, gaseous matter that is TorZon inconspicuously slips out of the hospital building and into the cool air of the night, heading in the presumed direction of the town leaders' local headquarters...

As the the Chosen One flows swiftly toward its destination, it takes note of what feels like a small yet unusual increase in potency within itself. Apparently, hacking into the indescribably intricate organic control center of a sentient creature that it just the other day wasn't even aware existed brings more rewards than insight alone. (+Badassery)

The Moderator(s)

"You're right, that does sound ridiculous. However, we cannot think of any way in which you would benefit from making up such an absurd story. Certainly, if you were deliberately trying to deceive us, you would have been able come up with something far more believable than that. Which, as far as we can tell, leaves us with only two remotely plausible possibilities:
You've either completely and utterly lost your mind, or you're telling the truth...at least, what you believe is the truth. Perhaps a mix of both...

Though...assuming that everything you've said is indeed the truth, just how powerful, in your own opinion, would you say these other beings competing in this trial are? Are you able to communicate telepathically with them as well?

Jorn Darkmane

"...And what if you're wrong? Everyone who came before you thought they were capable, too. Until they realized what they were up against...

How do I know you won't be another wannabe who comes in, stirs shit up, and leaves us even worse off than before? And before you answer that, how about telling me why the hell you have any interest in helping us in the first place? What are you expecting to get out of it, hm?" The woman questions with a noticeably increased level of irritation.

Well this is turning out poorly. It would seem that this woman has become too wary for her own good. If things continue on in this manner for much longer, Jorn's battle with the supernatural entity tormenting this family may be over before it even begins...

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 15, 2013, 07:13:35 pm »

"Believe me, This sounds crazy to me.

As for other Chosen ones, I'd say a lot have some serious powers, stuff that surpasses 'normal' abilities. And yes I can communicate with them."

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 17, 2013, 05:31:40 am »

The Moderator(s)

"...Powers to match those of the Planeswalker?"
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 61