Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We now return to your (ir)regularly scheduled badassery.

Magnificent! I shall break out the champagne at once!
- 7 (77.8%)
'Bout fuckin' time, you sporadic bastard...
- 1 (11.1%)
Aww, no more tranzizzled text? :(
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 61

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2  (Read 92334 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2
« Reply #705 on: August 08, 2013, 10:09:08 am »

"Well, it's being transported to some kinda empty room, and it's because you totally could have either Planeswalked me away, or kicked everyone's ass. But oh well, What am I to do to a psychotic schizophrenic Planeswalker? Everything I got minus an Elerium-bomb would be like throwing pebbles."

"Unless you want to be ripped to shreds in a single second by the rampant energies of the Blind Eternities, which will happen since I am pretty certain you don't have a planeswalker spark, I'm not taking you there.

And what do you mean by 'psychotic schizophric'?"
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 09, 2013, 06:53:58 am »

"Well, it's being transported to some kinda empty room, and it's because you totally could have either Planeswalked me away, or kicked everyone's ass. But oh well, What am I to do to a psychotic schizophrenic Planeswalker? Everything I got minus an Elerium-bomb would be like throwing pebbles."

"Unless you want to be ripped to shreds in a single second by the rampant energies of the Blind Eternities, which will happen since I am pretty certain you don't have a planeswalker spark, I'm not taking you there.

"Fine, whatever. But you seemed to go pretty dark there. and trust me, I know a psycho when I see one"
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 10, 2013, 10:01:13 am »

"Fine, whatever. But you seemed to go pretty dark there. and trust me, I know a psycho when I see one"

"A psychopath mind?  Wait a second..."
Zanzetkuken glares at DZA.
"Did you partially resurrect my dark counterpart from another multiverse within me?"
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 12, 2013, 03:50:14 am »

"Um...no...?" The figure utters hesitantly. "Not intentionally, at least..."

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 14, 2013, 01:00:09 am »

"Any chance you could restart me somewhere else? Y'know, AWAY from the Canucks?"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 14, 2013, 08:46:51 am »

"Any chance you could restart me somewhere else? Y'know, AWAY from the Canucks?"

"I have a very basic base in California."

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 16, 2013, 04:24:28 am »

"Deeply sorry,"  the figure responds, turning its attention back to The Moderator. "but at this point in the trial, my assistance extends only to offering helpful insight when and if it is requested of me. The ultimate consequences of each participant's choices are theirs to deal with."

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 16, 2013, 06:58:08 am »

"Deeply sorry,"  the figure responds, turning its attention back to The Moderator. "but at this point in the trial, my assistance extends only to offering helpful insight when and if it is requested of me. The ultimate consequences of each participant's choices are theirs to deal with."

"could you 'helpfully advise' me out of the base?" folding his arms. he then looks down and to the left suddenly "Shut up anger, your turn to shine will be when we come to. And no, Happy can't have the sugar."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 17, 2013, 07:13:38 pm »

Brace for landing! Afterwards try to find a nice abandoned building or something to use as a base of operations. Send the Boggart to get more salt.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #714 on: August 23, 2013, 07:52:27 pm »

((Can I get a peek at what Havel's doing right now? I feel like I missed a turn or something, and if I did, forgive me, it's been about 20 days since I was online. >.>))

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 01, 2013, 05:47:45 am »

Hisir Namedene

Determined to avoid having to deal with any more trouble from local law enforcement, Hisir bolts into the woods and away from the approaching threat...

By chance, the Chosen One runs into his group of frantic fugitive followers just as they are preparing to cut their losses and make a run for it.
"Where the bloody hell have you been!?" one of them questions upon noticing Hisir. "We've gotta get outta here NOW! In a few seconds the cops are gonna be swarming all over this place!!"

The Moderator(s)

After giving the Moderator a brief look of concern, the figure offers what little advice it can to help the Chosen One escape his dire predicament:

"As I said, the consequences of each participant's choices are theirs to deal with, and at this point, it goes without saying that several of the personal choices you've made have led to you getting quite thoroughly screwed over in a remarkably short amount of time.
In the end, it will be your personal choices alone that determine whether you will recover from these hardships, so please forgive what limited help these words may be...

Now, assuming that your foes do not simply decide to informally execute you in your current vulnerable state, I regret to say that, unless you can pull off some miraculous feat of badassery the likes of which would impress even one such as I, in order to stay alive long enough to break free from their custody...again, you have little option other than to swallow your pride and give them your full, unconditional cooperation in an effort to try and convince them that you're still worth keeping around.

Because of the tremendous mess you and your planeswalking friend over there created at Black Maple, the Canadian government will almost certainly now view you as more trouble than you're worth, especially when they still have your far more manageable past-self to rely on to get what they want. Unfortunately, because past-Moderator isn't technically a Chosen One, he would not be able to assume your place in the trial should you end up meeting an untimely demise. Therefore, it is absolutely essential that, before anything else, you do whatever is necessary to ensure your continued survival."

The figure stops and thinks for a moment, before continuing, "I suppose while you're here you could also try reaching out to someone else for more direct assistance. Just make sure that, should you choose do so, this individual's intervention will actually improve your situation this time."

Jorn Darkmane
((Random Fun Fact: Google Chrome's built-in spell-checker mistakes the name 'Yxchuithiatkxcli' as a misspelling of 'Huitzilopotchli'; a name belonging to the Aztec god of war, sacrifice, and the Sun.))

With all the force it can possibly muster within an instant of colliding with the ground, Yxchuithiatkxcli drives its hooves into the old, weathered asphalt of the main street below. The demon's impact creates a small crater in the center of the road, and sends deep cracks shooting throughout the ground in all directions.
Having made a less-than-subtle arrival to the quiet settlement, Jorn quickly dismounts his minion and takes a good look around the area for a suitable place to hunker down for an indefinite period of time, while the now very weary Yxchuithiatkxcli slumps down as it slowly folds back its wings, exhausted from the taxing flight.

Not far off to the southwest, the Chosen One spots what appears to be an old but sturdy-looking barn. Such a large and spacious structure could relatively easily be made into a comfortable Base of Operations with the potential to last well into the foreseeable future. Yet disappointingly, the property on which the barn sits also holds a well-maintained and clearly occupied home, where it can be assumed the current owners of the property reside. Owners who, in all likelihood, wouldn't take very kindly to having a filthy, homeless warlock and his unruly demonic minions stay as guests on their land.
Then again...the barn doesn't look like it really gets much use, and it is a good distance away from the home itself, so sneaking in and setting up shop could still be possible. That is, if Jorn would be willing to take such a risk. 

If not, another, much less appealing option lies a little ways to the north; a small, run-down house (frankly, 'hovel' would probably be a much more accurate way to describe it), partially hidden by the long-untended foliage that surrounds it. The only residents the Chosen One would potentially have to worry about while moving into such an ill-kept dwelling would be stray animals and/or squatters, though neither would likely be very hard to get rid of with an easily angered, fire-breathing demon at one's disposal...

Before Jorn can decide on either option, a very troubling realization suddenly comes upon him: His boggart is nowhere to be found, and he doesn't recall seeing it hitch a ride with him back to Gadsden atop Yxchuithiatkxcli. Come to think of it, he hasn't noticed the little bugger messing about since he sat down to start work on his spellbook...this could be problem.

Sir Havel the Unyielding
((Nah, you're good. In fact, the great scarcity of updates due to general time-consuming shenanigans in my personal life means it's only been about 35 minutes of in-game time since Havel was last mentioned, so you really haven't missed all that much.))

Resolute in his mission to locate and eliminate at least one of the jungle's (presumably) many bandit encampments, Sir Havel continues to trek fearlessly through the immense Peruvian wilderness. For although he is largely uncertain of his exact position within said wilderness, or exactly where it is he will end up, his trust in the lunar goddess as well as his own immeasurable wisdom assures him that he is headed in the right direction. It is merely a matter time before the knight of stone is presented with the grand opportunity of confronting the very worst this untamed land has to offer...

Estimated time passed: 15 minutes.

14:35 remain.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 06:17:29 am by King DZA »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #716 on: September 01, 2013, 06:02:59 am »

Radical. Continue searching for evil.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 01, 2013, 10:48:26 am »

"You want to run with that flying thing chasing us? But go now! Run into the forest, I'll follow!

Let the prisoners run into the forest and follow them. Don't forget to grab the bars.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 04, 2013, 09:25:37 am »

The Moderator placed a hand on his chin, brow furrowed in thought.

(Cue Inception theme, cause we're going deeper)

Prime stood in an open plain, surrounded by many caricatures of himself. Every one had defining characteristics, so that Prime was distinguishable from the crowd of emotions and facets of his personality.

"I say we break free, and get some well earned vengeance apon these Canadian bastards" Anger began the meeting with a growl.
"Pointless. We'd get gunned down by their Gen 1's. We'd have to listen to the mysterious godly figure and prove we're worth more than a semi-contaminated corpse" Schemer replied.
"Wait, how did we even survive that barrage?" Curiosity chimed in
"Well, given the fact they wanted the main engines area gone to maybe examine us or use us for different purposes."
"EVERYONE SHUT UP!" Prime cut in. "We need a goddamn plan, and we need one now. I know I for one don't want to be chained up forever, Melissa is already a tad psycho from being imprisoned for 3000 years, and I have no intent slaving over making Gen 2 and 3 laser guns and power armor for the rest of m y natural life. I got asses to kick and peeps to save."
"Brilliant idea! We gain their trust with Gen 2 Lasers and PA, and then make a Gen 3 in secret, and-
"CRUSH THEM!"

Most of the other fragments and facets of the Moderator were in agreement to such an excellent plan. After all, everyone remembers having to maintain the T51 suit, among various other projects with moderate success. He had already formulated a plan for uniting the rest of humanity under one banner, the other one was not so nice in the long run. He would need info one one UN rep, big-ass prototype laser cannons, a good sensor suite, and a Type VII Flight Computer.

He came out of the intense experience, slightly dazed by the encounter with himself.

"Send me conscious, now. I am ready."

Time to kick ass and chew bubblegum. And the Canucks took my bubblegum

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 04, 2013, 10:51:00 am »

Jorn eyes the area around the barn warily.

"All right, Yxchu, don't make a the sound."

Jorn and his horse-bird-demon-thing make for the barn.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 61