Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

We now return to your (ir)regularly scheduled badassery.

Magnificent! I shall break out the champagne at once!
- 7 (77.8%)
'Bout fuckin' time, you sporadic bastard...
- 1 (11.1%)
Aww, no more tranzizzled text? :(
- 1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 61

Author Topic: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2  (Read 92318 times)

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Slaves to DZA: God of Everything: Chapter I: The Chosen Ones: Day 2
« Reply #690 on: May 11, 2013, 08:48:51 pm »

set destination for my base in Western Australia. Use the chinese shortcut, after resetting IFF to 12098 and electronic name to GALAXY-04.

"ETA will be 15-30 minutes, judging how fast these babies clocked."

"Interesting thought.  What if the trap is trying to find out the location of the base?"

"they would get it from other-me though. But since I'd get there 20 hours early... Howabout we go to The Broken Thingy? My boss runs the bar."
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 04, 2013, 01:25:38 am »

Jorn Darkmane
((You...you forgot?! How on Earth could anyone ever possibly forget about an indescribably exciting, inconceivably vast, and mind-numbingly slow all-around magnificent forum game such as this one??

I, sir, am offended.))

Yxchuithiatkxcli glares disdainfully at both Jorn and the car's driver, before slowly stepping off to the side of the road.
As soon as the demon is no longer blocking the vehicle's path, it speeds off, leaving the Chosen One standing in a cloud of exhaust smoke.

Hisir Namedene

Without delay, the chain begins to recede back into the shaft of the Chosen One's halberd, successfully hoisting him up to the helicopter.

Once close enough, Hisir calls upon his supreme door-kicking prowess to aid him in breaking into the aircraft. Now, as any reasonably sane person would expect, kicking in the door of a helicopter is no easy task (this being especially true when the helicopter in question is currently in mid-flight). Yet with steadfast resolve, the Chosen One manages to smash his armored foot straight through the helicopter's side window, which fortunately happens to be of more than sufficient size for him to climb through.

For obvious reasons, the pilots of the craft are quite taken aback by the unexpected intrusion, and are powerless to stop the Chosen One as he stabs and slashes wildly at them with his clawed gauntlet while simultaneously attempting to pull himself through the shattered window.
Within little more than a few frantic seconds, the interior of the copter is splattered with blood and the pilots are as good as dead. It would also appear that the helicopter has begun to spiral uncontrollably out of the sky, though it is uncertain whether this is more due to the many yards of chain tangling up its rotor, or the sudden lack of capable aviators around to man it.

The Moderator(s) & Zanzetkuken the Great

As soon as The Moderator takes care of a couple more minor preparations, the Interceptor's engines are ignited. In the blink of an eye, the Chosen Ones go blasting out of the hangar and off into the great open skies.

Before they can even begin to enjoy their flight to freedom, however, they are met with an overwhelming volley of heavy missile and machinegun fire from nearly every direction, most likely sent their way by the dozens and dozens of enemy aircraft that happen to be swarming the area.
Eh, not like these sort of shenanigans weren't expected to occur sooner or later, right? Though come to think of it, this seems like an awful lot of firepower for even the fine folks at Black Maple to be able muster on their own. At least on such short notice. Which can only mean that they must have received a helping hand from the RCAF in setting up this little ambush.

While it is a little troubling that major branches of the Canadian Armed Forces are now apparently being mobilized solely for the purpose of thwarting the Chosen Ones' escape, what's even more troubling is the fact that those Chosen Ones have less than a split second to avoid plummeting to their deaths in a twisted, flaming, and very expensive heap of aircraft wreckage.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 02:21:04 am by King DZA »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 04, 2013, 01:36:52 am »

(Scratch that.)

Jorn meditates by the side of the road, reaching out into the lower planes.

"Hear me! I seek an audience with the most powerful and revered. The elite of the lower planes. The Arch-Demons."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 01:46:02 am by Vgray »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 04, 2013, 01:55:10 am »

"Whelp.  Been fun, moddy.  So long!"

Zanzetkuken planeswalks to a location one mile away, and watches the crash.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 05, 2013, 12:58:44 am »

"Whelp.  Been fun, moddy.  So long!"

Zanzetkuken planeswalks to a location one mile away, and watches the crash.

Cast Slowfall on myself, as I bail out of the wreckage.

"Motherfucker."

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 05, 2013, 11:11:19 am »

Jump out, slowing your fall a bit with the chain, and let the heli chrash.
Then pull the chain out.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 08, 2013, 11:48:56 pm »

Jorn Darkmane

Gradually descending deeper and deeper into meditation, the Chosen One listens attentively for a response from the mighty and malevolent ArchDemons.
Traditionally, a practitioner would prepare some sort of medium for the ArchDemon they sought to speak with to manifest themselves through, such as the flames of a ritual fire, the smoke given off by incense, or even a corpse for them to temporarily manipulate. If sufficiently experienced (or simply stupid), they might even try and force the unholy entity to commune with them face-to-face via summoning. It goes without saying that inviting some of the most powerful and feared inhabitants of the nether realms directly into one's own mind is, at best, unimaginably risky. Of course, a trained adept of the dark arts like Jorn is surely well aware of this.

It takes a surprisingly short amount of time for Jorn to begin to hear distant whispers emanating from the lower planes. Yet, annoyingly, they are currently much too faint to be even vaguely understood. If Jorn is to have any chance of communicating with the ArchDemons of truly awe-inspiring potency, it seems he will have to descend even deeper into meditation, and open up his mind to the very lowest levels of the underworld.

Zanzetkuken the Great

Despite the jarring explosions resulting from the countless missiles relentlessly colliding with the Interceptor, Zanzetkuken manages to safely planeswalk out of the doomed aircraft and onto a densely-wooded mountainside a fair distance away. Unfortunately, the Chosen One fails to gain his footing right away, and ends up tumbling down the mountainside several meters before coming to an abrupt stop by slamming into a particularly large tree. Perhaps not the most graceful evasion of death ever performed, but an evasion of death nevertheless.

As the Planeswalker carefully brings himself to his feet, he very quickly notices that his overall power feels as if it has been considerably lessened. Then again, this shouldn't come as much of a surprise; abandoning an ally when faced with next-to-impossible odds after failing at an attempt to rescue them may very well have been a smart move to make, but a badass one? Not in the slightest (inadvertently falling down a mountain probably didn't help, either). (-Badassery)

The Moderator(s)

Although not with nearly the same level of ease as his fellow Chosen One, The Moderator also manages to escape the burning deathtrap once known as the RAVEN Interceptor, while a hastily-casted Slowfall spell allows him to remain safe and sound as he descends back to the Earth's surface...sort of. The spell's effect ends up lasting just long enough to prevent the Chosen One's impact with the ground from immediately killing him, yet not quite long enough to prevent it from fracturing a few of his ribs and providing enough head trauma to knock him out cold.

His body rendered temporarily out of order, The Moderator once again finds himself floating placidly through an endless expanse of aetheric fog.

"Tough day?" The spectral figure inquires as it appears behind the Chosen One.

Hisir Namedene

Grabbing back onto his halberd with little hassle, Hisir drops down from the helicopter as it spirals to its demise.
After a bit of a rough landing just outside of the small town, the Chosen One stands up and observes the police helicopter as it goes crashing into one very unlucky house situated within the settlement. While the resulting destruction is quite neat to look at, it will almost certainly attract the attention of the many authorities scouring the land in search of Hisir and his merry band of fugitives.

On the bright side, it takes just one good tug for Hisir to free his halberd blade from the rubble and wreckage before him, allowing it to finally be reunited with the rest of his weapon.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 12:27:49 am by King DZA »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 09, 2013, 12:34:08 pm »

>Planeswalk to an area nearby the moderator
>If he is not surrounded already, hoist him over my shoulders and carry him away from the wreck, quickly and silently
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 09, 2013, 07:22:30 pm »

Stop meditating. Try to convince Yxchu to let you ride it. Continue along the road regardless the outcome.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 07:44:10 pm by Vgray »

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 09, 2013, 08:29:10 pm »

TheModerator folds his arms as he floats through the expanse, pissed off.

"worse than that time I had to solo that Marauder prince..."

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 11, 2013, 08:40:59 am »

Run back the prisoners.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 03, 2013, 05:07:06 am »

Pretty short and a little rushed due to the time constraints of my current situation, but I suppose at this point any update is a good update, right?

Zanzetkuken the Great

Suddenly not quite so willing to leave his fellow Chosen One for dead, Zanzetkuken bravely decides to make a daring attempt at rescuing The Moderator (or at least what may be left of him) from the dire situation he is in no small part responsible for bringing about in the first place.

Assuming his tech-savvy partner in crime went down with the craft, Zanzetkuken planeswalks to the general vicinity of the RAVEN Interceptor crash site, which could be easily discerned by the large pillar of black smoke rising high above the trees, and begins to look around for any trace of The Moderator. Sadly, the Planeswalker makes little progress in his search before being detected by one of the RCAF/Black Maple aircraft still hanging around in the skies above. Meaning that it probably won't be very long at all now before the rest of Canada's government forces become just as aware that he survived their aerial ambush and is currently snooping around the area. Bother.

Jorn Darkmane

After a last-second decision to save contacting the ArchDemons for a later date, Jorn turns to Yxchuithiatkxcli, and asks of his minion that it temporarily serve as a mount in order to expedite their return trip to Gadsden.
Painfully aware of the fact that it has been bound to obey the wishes of its master, the demon squats down and begrudgingly allows Jorn to climb atop its back.
As soon as the warlock's feet are off the ground, Yxchuithiatkxcli takes off down the road, before spreading its massive wings and ascending several dozen feet into the air.

The demon flies furiously; what normally would have been roughly another hour's worth of travel on foot is covered in mere minutes, although the Chosen One suspects that his minion is only exerting so much effort in the hopes that it might cause him to be shaken off and sent plummeting to his death. Hmm...

In what feels like hardly any time all, the quiet settlement of Gadsden comes into Jorn's view, and the still greatly infuriated Yxchuithiatkxcli makes a sharp dive towards the Earth as it readies itself for what what will likely be a very hard landing.

The Moderator(s)

"Well do try not to get too upset over it." The figure says in a relaxed tone. "You're not going to have any chance of succeeding in this trial if you go around letting some broken bones and scorched flesh lower your spirits."

Hisir Namedene

His objective accomplished, Hisir sprints back toward the wooded area to regroup with Shade and the fugitives as the screams of terrified town residents and the blaring of emergency sirens begin to permeate the air...

Minutes later, just as the Chosen One reaches the edge of the woods, something particularly worrying catches his attention: The sirens heard blaring ceaselessly in the distance have begun to grow louder with each passing moment, indicating that unwelcome company is now headed in his direction.
It's very possible that someone could have spotted him as he fled the scene of the helicopter crash. After all, while Hisir is surely a Chosen One of many amazing talents, blending in has thus far not been one of them. Taking this into account, no matter what it is the cunning ShadowBeing chooses to do next, it would best be done with haste.

Estimated time passed: 10 minutes.

14:50 remain.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 03, 2013, 12:35:31 pm »

>Planeswalk back to my mountain base.
>Meditate to contact DZA:
"Okay, what happened back at that base?  Last thing I remember before waking up on a mountainside is being surrounded by Black Maple.  So can please tell me what happened?"  Zanzetkuken noticed the moderator glaring at him, and responded, "Oh, by the way, where is your body at?  And why are glaring at me?"

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 04, 2013, 03:44:06 am »

In Gandalf Voice: RUN! away from the sirenes.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 04:08:59 am by Child of Armok »

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 08, 2013, 12:45:38 am »

>Planeswalk back to my mountain base.
>Meditate to contact DZA:
"Okay, what happened back at that base?  Last thing I remember before waking up on a mountainside is being surrounded by Black Maple.  So can please tell me what happened?"  Zanzetkuken noticed the moderator glaring at him, and responded, "Oh, by the way, where is your body at?  And why are glaring at me?"

"Well, it's being transported to some kinda empty room, and it's because you totally could have either Planeswalked me away, or kicked everyone's ass. But oh well, What am I to do to a psychotic schizophrenic Planeswalker? Everything I got minus an Elerium-bomb would be like throwing pebbles."
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 61