Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Your most useless job  (Read 11809 times)

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
Re: Your most useless job
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2012, 12:44:41 pm »

I'm using alchemy and pressing for modded reactions. And I have a glass industry, so potash makers are neeed (btw, got none as migrants).

Haven't modded any bees... yet... but probably will. So, the useless ones right now are those to do with fishing ('cause ambushers will kill them) and hunting (same reason). Hunting was useful early on for initial markspony training.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2012, 01:36:08 pm »

I actually started a beekeeping industry near my front gates in the hopes that when goblins come, they get stung by angry bees.
This leaves the hives vulnerable to Trolls, something you don't want for a fledgling bee industry. I am however currently testing if caging 100,000 bees and releasing them via lever works, will update if science is conclusive.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2012, 01:45:22 pm »

I actually started a beekeeping industry near my front gates in the hopes that when goblins come, they get stung by angry bees.
This leaves the hives vulnerable to Trolls, something you don't want for a fledgling bee industry. I am however currently testing if caging 100,000 bees and releasing them via lever works, will update if science is conclusive.
I made a bridge to seal off the inside hallways leading to the hives, but yeah, the hives are still in danger...

And if we can weaponize massive bee swarms, then I can't wait for every beekeeping migrant to be hailed as much as a highly skilled weaponsmith :P

I actually have plans now to add "doom bees" to my mod whose sting does a bit more than induce mild dizziness and pain. I'll post the raws if they work out.
My wooden badge was delicious.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2012, 01:45:39 pm »

NO, NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES! AAAAAH THEY'RE IN MY EYES

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2012, 08:19:37 pm »

*Sigh*

Bees can't be caged. It's a sad state of affairs when a gentleman can't unleash swarms of bees upon his enemies.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2012, 07:14:58 am »

*Sigh*

Bees can't be caged. It's a sad state of affairs when a gentleman can't unleash swarms of bees upon his enemies.
What if you put the hives on a level above the goblins? Will the bees fly down and randomly sting the goblins?
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2012, 10:44:58 am »

I remember a succession fort where the entire entrance was nothing but clustered bees. It got so crowded in there that the entire floor was nothing but bees. Everything got stung.
I'd say yes. Just keep your enemies close, and your bees closer.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2012, 11:24:40 am »

Make them Ultrabees that sting with the same venom as a GCS, and you've got a party on your hands.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2012, 11:30:31 am »

Make them Ultrabees that sting with the same venom as a GCS, and you've got a party on your hands.
You'll want to be careful what you arm your bees with, most of the time the bees will spend stinging your Dwarves, which is something you have to take into consideration.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2012, 11:32:37 am »

You'll want to be careful what you arm your bees with, most of the time the bees will spend stinging your Dwarves, which is something you have to take into consideration.

Okay, so make the dwarves immune to the syndrome. :P Or just enjoy the fun. Whichever.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2012, 12:44:21 pm »

I made a minor mod for it, with two varieties. One of them causes necrosis and unconsciousness, the other transforms its victims into more of itself. :D
My wooden badge was delicious.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2012, 12:47:51 pm »

Okay, so make the dwarves immune to the syndrome. :P Or just enjoy the fun. Whichever.
I that case one might as well make goblin blood acidic and their hair out of bloodthorn. Why not make Troll fur ignite in room temperature and the trolls themselves resistant to heat? Hell, one might as well change the elven nose to a railgun and make dwarves out of pudge. Everything is possible with the power over RAWs in your hand.
I made a minor mod for it, with two varieties. One of them causes necrosis and unconsciousness, the other transforms its victims into more of itself. :D
Bees making bees eh? It is like a nightmare come true...
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2012, 04:25:28 pm »

the other transforms its victims into more of itself. :D

That episode of Stargate SG-1 was really creepy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]