Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Deus Ex Machina: Terraforming (6/6). TURN 1 :Entering the evolution stage  (Read 7533 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Deus Ex Machina: Terraforming (6/6). TURN 0.2
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 03:51:12 pm »

Poke?

if you're out of ideas, you can create landmarks, buil cities, influenc the direction eb\volution will take (Ie seed trairts that species will have,,,)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 04:05:08 pm »

I could have sworn I posted, but now that I think about it I don't remember what I was going to do. Hrm.

Create a grand water-filled basin, somewhat sheltered from the storms.

Create a strain of bacteria in said basin, carrying the necessary potential to do just about anything.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2012, 06:08:57 pm »

((Thought I already posted! D:))

Move part of the bacteriological specimen onto land -- the harshest areas that are survivable, and propagate life through them. Shift their matrix and structure into hardy plant cells. Isolate their area of growth, to leave the others sterile for the moment.[/i]

ANIMA's observation drones picked up a strange specimen residing in the ocean. Acidic, strangely, perhaps these organisms would fare better on a land area. The objective was creating a garden world, and to do such there must be flora of any sort.

These ones will be the pioneers.

Ensure the flora are capable of producing long lengths of strong xylem and phloem, to be able to reach a state of normal gigantism.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Deus Ex Machina: Terraforming (5/6)
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2012, 12:11:47 pm »

Turn 0.3

One of the AI's decides to create mountains all over the place, so that when the oceans rise, there will be a higher ground to shelter on. (note, any particular layout preferred?)

Meanwhile however, another AI is going haywire, and drones are send out with strange commands. A new strain of live is created, but it's only vaguely recognizible as life. It's individual cells are extremely simple, because one cell isn't one being. In fact, they tend to group together in loose clumps, flying through storms, Holding on to each other and communicating by manipulating their polarity, and in such way the lightning. The live's cells are strangely composed. Mainly methane based, with large metalic components.

One of the AI's has created a giant lake, where live will be able to evolve. It therein seeds a large amount of live, which a tendency to rapidly mutate their DNa. The lake is sheltered from the storms by it's location, near certain of the newly created mountains.

The last AI has grabbed some of the other bacteria, and has modified them tremendously. Their cells have been reinforced, and their method of food production has been improved. At this moment they are somewhat confined though a rather large mountain peak that stands in the sea, but they might escape if they can survive the waters again.

The creation of mountains and some other factors have increased the rate at which the oceans rise, and so it happens. Two moons are still flying in their orbits, pristine of live.

Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)

Extra details in first post.

Note: I'm going to do 2 or more post like this and then move to the actual game.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
Re: Deus Ex Machina: Terraforming (6/6). TURN 0.3
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2012, 01:15:54 pm »

Using a system of nanobots, regular bots, and computers create:

The evolution system, fine tune it for the strange life and look at the possibility of sending it to the moons
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2012, 02:11:39 pm »

Using a system of nanobots, regular bots, and computers create:

The evolution system, fine tune it for the strange life and look at the possibility of sending it to the moons
I'm not sure what you intend to do.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2012, 02:43:36 pm »

Build a system to aid their evolution and maybe idly wonder whether or not my race can survive on the moons

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2012, 02:55:14 pm »

Ensure their survival, make sure they take part in the next game or such. I can do that.

As for surviving on the moons, they require storms or a sort of lightning/ strong magnetical field/ electricity to survive.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2012, 03:09:29 pm »

(Nope, random placement)

Create 20 monolith-like structures scattered all over the planet. These monoliths will all be under my control and be able to induce several effects on all organisms around them. Also, stuff them with technology. Make sure its downright impossible for any organism who lacks the technological capacity of the home civilization to break them open.

Craft an organism. A small, shrub with a reddish hue. The plant can survive both underwater and in terrestrial environments. It spreads through spores. Finally, the shrub has quick reflexes, readjusting its 'shape' to acquire more nutrients as needed. If a shrub is in a location with little oxygen, the shrub goes into a form of hibernation. Plot a few hundred in the ocean.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2012, 03:14:46 pm »

Yes that is the systems purpose as well as to make it easier for me to accelerate the march to intelligence because god knows they will need all the help they can get because I doubt they will be able to move as fast as the other races, at least at first

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2012, 04:47:58 pm »

Transplant some of my new, rapidly mutating organisms to each of the moons. Leave some in their basin, of course, but encourage them to spread further.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2012, 06:12:34 pm »

Craft a concoction and inject it into the bacteria I placed on the land, giving them a mutual symbiotic relationship, and one that would cause them to biologically diversify while knowing how to contact each other in a way that transmits to me, and vice versa.

Try to terraform the mountain peak into magnetic rock, and the region under it as it's polar opposite. (How to create floating islands? :3)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2012, 01:39:09 am »

I can think of 3 ways.

1. Put engines on it.
2. Get a strong magnetical field in the crust, and a magnetical field in the mountains. Use thehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meissner_effect
3.Magnetical core, and magnetical stabilers on the ground.

Note: Only option 2 is viable without constant intervention.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2012, 08:15:44 am »

EDITALL:Modify the tectonic plates in the crust of the planet to have them hold vast amounts of magnetic materials.

Create random spots on the planet where gravity is reversed.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 08:45:55 am by Firelordsky »
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2012, 09:10:18 am »

((Going with #2 :D))

ANIMA extended it's communication array from the port side of it's base, using the shifting light of the moons by the nearby star to aid itself in powering the field, thereby making planet-wide communications doable.

"Aid requested, local tectonic plates lacking in magnetic components."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6