Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: The Sad Thread D&D [3.5] Game -- Loot and RP thread  (Read 12915 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: The Sad Thread D&D [3.5] Game -- Loot and RP thread
« Reply #165 on: September 02, 2012, 12:37:31 pm »

Level Up!
Jax rises to level 3!
Leveled in Rogue (2)
Gained 'Evasion' class feature
10 skill points- 2 in hide, move silently, intimidate, swim, and bluff
Gained feat! Took 'Two Weapon Fighting'
Reflex save increases to +3 base.
HP rises by 5 (1d6+1)

Jax had had a bit of a breakdown when the group had reached the cave. While it wasn't quite out of the normal by this point for him to go off and start screaming at himself in his head, this time was different- there was a message, not from himself, but from an entity. AN entity not of this plane. The message, though not in any normal language, told him a clear message- take up your blades, and fight. And so he did, picking up the art of fighting with two weapons to deal significant damage to the undead monstrosity. And now he's more than ready for an opponent with warm blood...
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 02, 2012, 01:07:43 pm »

Here's the loot for the past few sessions:
Moss agate
Blue Diamond
Obsidian
Bloodstone
Red Garnet
Bless weapon Potion
Solid gold Idol
1 suit of half plate
Darkwood Buckler
Masterwork Dwarven Waraxe
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 02, 2012, 01:13:02 pm »

Sam is now level 3!

+1 Bluff, +1 concentration +2 Knowledge(Arcane) +2 spell craft

+1 Fortitude and Reflex save

Health increased from 11 to 15!

Got feat Spell Focus[Evocation]

LIGHTNING FIST GET.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:17:56 pm by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 02, 2012, 01:20:00 pm »

KEVIN DID THE LEVELING THING!
He is now Level 3!
BaB goes up by 1 to +2
Gained Feat: Point Blank Shot
Gained 2 skill points: 1 in Concentration (now +8), 1 in Hide (now +7)
HP rises by 11 to 27 (got a max 1d8+3 roll :D)
Reflex save increases by 1 to +3

AND THE BEST PART...

Kevin can now cast SECOND LEVEL SPELLS
YEEEEEAH

Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 03, 2012, 02:35:45 pm »

DING!
Lon Gordi has ascended to Level 3!

HP Increased by 5!
Base Fortitude Save increased by 1 to 1!
Base Attack Bonus increased by 1 to 2!

The following skills increase:
Handle Animal is now rank 3 (2 points)
Diplomacy is now rank 6 (1 point)
Perform is now rank 6 (1 point)
Bluff is now rank 5 (1 point)
Balance is now rank 4 (1 point)

He learns the following spells:
Prestidigitation
Comprehend Languages

He learns a new bard song, Inspire Competence!
A bard of 3rd level or higher with 6 or more ranks in a Perform skill can use his music or poetics to help an ally succeed at a task. The ally must be within 30 feet and able to see and hear the bard. The bard must also be able to see the ally.

The ally gets a +2 competence bonus on skill checks with a particular skill as long as he or she continues to hear the bard’s music. Certain uses of this ability are infeasible. The effect lasts as long as the bard concentrates, up to a maximum of 2 minutes. A bard can’t inspire competence in himself. Inspire competence is a mind-affecting ability.

He gains the feat Two-Weapon Fighting!

((Also, I plan to do some RP with another character (other player willing of course), but it would be a private conversation. Can y'all behave and not act IC on the conversation, or do I have to take it to PMs? :P ))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 03, 2012, 03:14:18 pm »

((Also, I plan to do some RP with another character (other player willing of course), but it would be a private conversation. Can y'all behave and not act IC on the conversation, or do I have to take it to PMs? :P ))
((Ok. But now if you go to PMs, we may be left with the wrong impression. :P))

Navarre Adel, Level 3, blablabla!

HP increased by 6 for the total of 19...
BAB +1 for a total of +3
Reflex and Will saves + 1
Balance, Bluff, Climb, Escape Artist, Jump, Swim and Tumble +1 to Rank 6, and 1 skill point unused

Improved Initiative retrained into Combat Expertise!
Superior Finesse acquired as Feat!
Insightful Strike (Ex) acquired per class level.

NO MORE POKING FOR 1 DAMAGE.

After leaving the cave, Navarre realized one thing: Even if his form was masterful and a great deal of his attacks landed home, they only inflicted minor damage. Analyzing his own footwork and style, he decided there was a definite lack of aggressiveness. Working upon it, he managed to find a way to keep his finesse whilst causing deeper wounds, analyzing the oponent's weak points and focusing upon them.

The swashbuckler smiled mischievously; there was still much to be learned, and he was only getting started...
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 03, 2012, 04:23:04 pm »

((@Sirus: Well, if it's major against a specific persons character-"Hey Kath, Let's murder Navarre and steal his gold!" I can see you keeping it secret from us so we're not conflicted about it. If it's just a plot thing, I can behave, and hope you'd share your RP with us.. :P ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 03, 2012, 04:24:51 pm »

((@Sirus: Well, if it's major against a specific persons character-"Hey Kath, Let's murder Navarre and steal his gold!" I can see you keeping it secret from us so we're not conflicted about it. If it's just a plot thing, I can behave, and hope you'd share your RP with us.. :P ))
((Yeah, I'd like to watch the RP, after all this is the Loot and RP thread. I'd also behave, Navarre can be busy somewhere else doing his things. :P))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 03, 2012, 04:27:37 pm »

((Well, it's kinda plot, and about someone's character, but not against that character. I realize that doesn't make a lot of sense :P ))
((Also, because I forgot, do we get new feats at level 5 or level 6?))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 03, 2012, 04:30:10 pm »

((Level 6. Every multiple of 3, naturally.

As for the plot, I say you roll with it. We're all good RP'ers here-you can trust us. :P))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 03, 2012, 04:33:02 pm »

Speaking of meta, too much more of that in session and I shall exercise my right to royally screw over the offenders.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 03, 2012, 04:35:22 pm »

((Well, it's kinda plot, and about someone's character, but not against that character. I realize that doesn't make a lot of sense :P ))
((Also, because I forgot, do we get new feats at level 5 or level 6?))
((Roll with it. I want to read something :<))
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 03, 2012, 08:25:00 pm »

Navarre found many things in the book Kathryn had recommended...but how much was myth? And how much truth?

More importantly-was the Doom predicted predestined?

Or could a man overcome fate itself...

Prophecy of the Raven Queen, 7th Praise

After much ado.
One became Two.

He was the fire.
And I was the hearth.
All I really needed.
On this cold, lonely Earth

But all Bonds fray, and came undone
Inevitably, the two became again one.

As surely as the blackest night followed the brightest day...
All that I held was swiftly carried away.

And yet...

no regrets, my love.

We will meet again.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 05, 2012, 03:00:17 am »

((This takes place the night after our shopping spree in the last session, fyi))

Lon waited, outwardly-patient, in the shadows near the stairs leading to the second floor of the inn. Most of the group had either already retired or was busy getting drunk, and who knew when they'd be on the road again? Tonight might be his only chance to speak privately.

His thoughts whirled in his head, and he mentally rehearsed what he would say over and over again. This is no different from preparing for a performance, he told himself. So why is my heart beating so rapidly? I haven't felt this nervous for months. A smallish part of him wished to take on the many-fingered monstrosity again, if it meant not being here right now.

Suddenly, the person he sought appeared. He recognized the laugh, the easy gait, the outline of the clothing. He stepped out of the shadows in front of the figure, casting Light on a rock in his hand as he did so.

"Hello, Navarre. Could I have a word with you? Alone?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 05, 2012, 03:48:19 am »

Kathryn was far away at the time, meditating in the Chapel of the Raven Queen. She sat cross legged in front of the alter, eyes closed, hands locked.

All was quiet beside-she could hear only the flutter of silky black wings in the darkness-they were her lullaby, for many and many a year, truth be told. She had never known her real family. The crescent mark upon her hip, so boldly writ-it scared them enough they gave her away. Not to say, they weren't good people. She had seen this for herself under guise, though Kathryn did not deign approach them. But she had grown up in a chapel like this, instead of a home...

Reflections. She was not beaten-not starved-not tormented. Nothing so cliched. Her childhood was happy, in a way-her brothers and sisters in black, as sure a family as she might have had. Kathryn had indeed grown up being told she was destined for great things, and there was hardly anything she lacked, in reason. But still...there was an emptiness. A barely definable sense that she had no freedom-no choice. But there was nothing else for her to aspire to. In time, Kathryn accepted it. Mostly.

She surprised them by going into the Arcane Studies instead of joining the Clergy or Order of Raven Knights. Truth be told, Kathryn had never felt much in the way of a divine connection-more a feeling of pressure, of being watched. If anything at all, her dreams were as close as had gotten. An image of a shadowy woman, judging from afar.

When she had left the Temple-for Kathryn was truly free to do and go wherever she pleased-she had found a world that often misunderstood and shunned her. It was...tiring. But Kathryn was also proud. She did not hide her identity, nor change her appearance. Children ran from her path (laughing more often than screaming), and women and men often made the sign of Pelor at her, as if warding off a newly risen Vampire in their midst. When bad things happened-and they did, everywhere-she would often be approached and politely asked to move on.  And so she did.

Then came Lon-a chance encounter, to his credit, he saved her. That she had been locked in a gilded cage, on display in a Red Dragons treasure den, is a story for another day.

He was seemingly immune to her deathly legend, or uncaring of it. Their adventures had been beyond count-their friendship, forged in fire and steel-and music, of course. Had they not broken the last piece of bread between them often enough? Soaked lifesblood into the others shirts, as they hurriedly tended to one anothers wounds? All that and more. Kathryn believed that she might not have found the strength to go on, if they had not met each other. Also the Dragon would have eaten her eventually, but like I said-another day.

Now things...were different. Kathryn had Navarre, as well. They had each other. She was happier than she had been in a long time. Lon was a friend....Navarre a lover. Two sides of a coin, and she dearly hoped that Fate would not make her choose between them.

She knew all too well, Life could be very fragile, which was why she treasured spending hers with then them. They were all fated to die...but they were both young, and strong, and fast-and what was Death? A pale woman on the horizon, they could still outrun. The Raven Queen would have to wait to pick them up-Kathryn intended to live, and love, harder than she ever had before. If the prophecy was really true, Death would one day fear her. Then she would never have to lose anyone, ever again.

She smiles at this thought, deep in the darkness.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16