Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1034999 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #7140 on: October 28, 2013, 12:02:06 am »

That's basically how I feel about all conservatives. Especially the more extreme ones, but even the more moderate ones, feels like they're adding 2 + 2 and getting Banana.

I've gone over it before, about "Person doesn't want A, but rails against B, which is one of the only things that would lower A. Or worse, advocates C, which would make A worse!"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7141 on: October 28, 2013, 12:08:02 am »

This is relevant, was always relevant, and shall forever be, relevant.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #7142 on: October 28, 2013, 12:19:11 am »

So, the thing is, they typically hate B, and have rationalized that it's because B causes A. A tends to be something tangential that they feel like everyone can agree is wrong, which makes it a good support in their eyes. For instance, they feel a gut dislike for homosexuality, and they hear or read about homosexual acts of pedophilia, and decide that they probably hate homosexuality because it "leads to pedophilia". But if you talk about a complete lack of evidence for that, or evidence that clearly refutes the idea, you're clearly "defending pedophiles", because you're defending homosexuals.

It doesn't matter what the facts say, they already know the truth. If you're arguing against it, you're just being intellectually dishonest so you don't have to confront your own hypocrisy, at least as far as they're concerned. It's never really about A.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #7143 on: October 28, 2013, 12:21:08 am »

I feel like going to sites like FSTDT is kinda not in the spirit of this thread. A site full of cherry picked stupid ass quotes is of course going to have some amazingly stupid shit. On the other hand, stumbling upon some next-level retardation shit on 4chan or tumblr is amusing, because there's so much that's only kinda retarded around it to hide it.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7144 on: October 28, 2013, 03:57:56 am »

I kinda went tumblr digging to find something for the thread.I'm not going to post examples but my faith in humanity is surviving by licking the moisture collecting on the surface of my idealism.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7145 on: October 28, 2013, 07:38:42 pm »

This is relevant, was always relevant, and shall forever be, relevant.

Oh, man... this is about how sane, informed, and intelligent most people sound when they talk about politics, regardless of their position -- even ones I agree with.  But I imagine just about anyone would say the same.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7146 on: October 29, 2013, 08:17:18 am »

Me: "Man, I wonder what harmonic resonance is."

*Types into google*

eBay: Huge selection of Harmonic Resonance. Free Shipping available. Buy Now!

Me: Google, I am disappoint.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7147 on: October 29, 2013, 08:18:21 am »

Search bubble.

I merely get some Wikipedia articles, so it's just your own searches getting bounced back at you.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7148 on: October 29, 2013, 11:11:55 am »

So, I was checking to see if Simcity 5 is cracked yet (it is. It probably was a while ago but I stopped counting after a couple of days), and one video... well, I'll quote the description.

Yeah...
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7149 on: October 29, 2013, 11:15:46 am »

So, I was checking to see if Simcity 5 is cracked yet (it is. It probably was a while ago but I stopped counting after a couple of days), and one video... well, I'll quote the description.

Yeah...
Something tells me that's not the crack you're looking for. I'm not sure what.  :P

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7150 on: October 29, 2013, 11:20:49 am »

I kinda want to see this video now.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7151 on: October 29, 2013, 11:42:10 am »

I don't think I can single out one spectacular line from the rest.  Everything from "About it" down is just beautiful. 

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7152 on: October 29, 2013, 11:51:00 am »

I don't think I can single out one spectacular line from the rest.  Everything from "About it" down is just beautiful.

in the name of fuck there's been an automated essay writing site that literally threw a wikipedia article at your screen piece by piece and this is just a few topics bashed together with a few keywords changed in the middle

it is marvelous and i need a source

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7153 on: October 29, 2013, 01:29:20 pm »

So they don't host pirated games, they host a procedural essay-writing program?

Toady needs to hire these guys.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7154 on: October 29, 2013, 01:30:38 pm »

Have them do the poem generator.
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 510