Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 43

Author Topic: LP Civ4:C2C (6050 BC - Slightly delayed)  (Read 144924 times)

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LP Civ4:C2C (11040 BC - We Huron Now)
« Reply #390 on: August 13, 2012, 10:10:18 am »

We should scout out Persia more, but it looks like they are the weaker from a troop standpoint. Could pick them off then use their resources to take on Hunnia afterwards.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LP Civ4:C2C (11040 BC - We Huron Now)
« Reply #391 on: August 13, 2012, 10:22:18 am »

I'd go after whoever the power graph says is lower.
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LP Civ4:C2C (10340 BC - Boksi is Lazy)
« Reply #392 on: August 13, 2012, 11:08:40 am »

Hunnia now, Persia later. They think they're safe with their smug Atlatlists sitting in a city. Pff. Nobody is safe from the Jivaro. Not even the Jivaro themselves.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 13, 2012, 11:29:33 am »

I don't like this plan... But whoever is closer, I suppose.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 13, 2012, 11:43:29 am »

Also, if you see any barbarian cities. Kill them. Those things turn into civilizations if you leave them alone for long enough.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 13, 2012, 11:56:00 am »

Wow, that is the most bizarre leader/civ combination yet.

Anyway yesss, we're well on our way to the conquest of the persians and the huns... yesss...

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 13, 2012, 12:43:27 pm »

If we are to make war, we should make it upon the Persians. Their land is lush and fertile, and connected to us by the oceans so our great canoes can haul barter goods. There is little between us, and nothing besides them, so we may take what they have and then only have one side to focus on. If we make war upon the Hun, we have to watch a lot more border in the end. The Huns also have many men with Atlatls, and while our bamboo is strong it will take many many men in bamboo to kill their men.

On the peaceful side of things, I say we should find a group to live at the great fields of cotton. This will get us many warm garments for the Jivaro people, and maybe even hats. But north holds nothing for us. Beyond the mountains and into the dry lands the men speak with ashes in their mouths and dance in prayer to gods of death. The Aztec are hollow men and spiritless, and should be driven from our lands should they approach.

Our great hunters, I feel, should seek to subdue the elephant. We should settle families of Elephants in our lands (And one day build a national elephant breeder!) so that we may feast upon them. (Also Elephant workers are only a tiny bit more expensive and work WAY faster than normal workers + gives us strong siege units all the way into late Renaissance.)

Lastly, I speak to the fellow elders of religious matters: We should take up the traditions of Druidism and enjoy the health and bounty of food it will provide. Until the spirits can be coaxed forth (Read: We found voodoo!) we should tend to their vessels.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 13, 2012, 11:04:42 pm »

Stop everything and subdue a sabretooth tiger. Then get back to the great war against the Persians, led by your feline death avatar.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 14, 2012, 02:25:34 am »

I believe the choose your religion option is activated, so any tech can activate any religion.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 14, 2012, 04:10:22 am »

Destroy dem Persians.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 14, 2012, 12:21:55 pm »

Persians insulted the great mother spirit, are you going to let them get away with that?  :P

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 14, 2012, 12:29:41 pm »

Alright, I'll have an update up later tonight. Probably won't be up until I've had dinner, though.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
Re: LP Civ4:C2C (9874 BC - We're more Aztec than the Aztecs)
« Reply #402 on: August 14, 2012, 02:15:59 pm »

First off, a slight diversion:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We don't have any elephants, but we do have camels.

More scouting around Carthage.

Apparently, we're fairly powerful, but so are all our neighbours.

Although we're building up our military, we can still try to expand our empire peacefully.

Looks like the Persians have another city.

Since Sedentary Lifestyle obsoletes Culture (Neanderthal), we have to build as many Neanderthals as we can while we still can.

We encounter Brazil, led by Hammurabi! Also, those barbarian canoes decide to not attack us, for some reason.

Frederick doesn't intend to leave his cities undefended. Also, the Aztecs have started researching Sedentary Lifestyle, as seen on the scoreboard.

Unfortunately, our scouts suffer some setbacks.

Fucking locust swarms. Why is sending in the military the best way to defeat them, anyway? It doesn't make sense.

We continue assembling the army. Having your production center on an island is a pain.

I guess our luck with the barbarians didn't last very long. But who cares? It's just a canoe. Although I guess it is a bit significant...

After all, that canoe was the last unit to die in the Prehistoric era.

Since we got to Sedentary Lifestyle before anyone else, we get a free technology! What tech do I pick?

Continuing from that, we can found a religion! Naghualism won the vote by a decent margin.

Of course, we can't build Neanderthal Warriors anymore. They're all in the NSA now.

We can adopt Divine Cult as our Religious civic now, and Naghualism as our state religion. Or we could go research divination for Prophets. I'd rather not keep Folklore, but we can keep it if you guys really want. That means no state religion, though.

Also, here's the tech tree:
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 14, 2012, 02:26:37 pm »

Just dropping in to say that I am a big fan of this Let's Play and all Let's Plays of this mod, thanks to when quill18 made a series on this mod. This is all in spite of the fact that I have never once played Civ 4 in my life. I just love all of the tedious detail in the mod.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 14, 2012, 03:12:02 pm »

I say we go for prophets, Divine Cult looks a little iffy to me. That extra unhappiness just screams rioting.

We need to get to writing ASAP so we don't have to war with everyone everywhere, but it's so far away right now....
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 43