Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Roll To Be A Farmer—The Epic  (Read 4314 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Roll To Be A Farmer—The Epic
« on: July 29, 2012, 06:36:55 am »

The epic story of a farmer cultivating various vegetables and fruits, grain and cereal, with a side of domesticated animals such as sheep, cow, goat, and dog. The farm is divided into six sectors, with the center sector owned together and the five around it the property of each farmer. The income from the center sector pays for the operating costs of all five farmers, making it a win-win situation.

You are all co-owners of a small farm on a floating island, from where you can see a very tall and long tower, perhaps a mile away. The floating island orbits the tower. You can get to the ground by ... no way. Men with pointed ears ride strange loud devices called magata and trade for your goods.

The day is bright, and the fields beckon! The animal stables beckon too, and the sheep want out, the sky is strangely dark but with bright flashes of light everywhere.

To join, you must post a short character sheet, consisting of:

Name:

(Put ten points in the following. Each point for HP counts as three HP)
HP:
Farming Implement Mastery:
Farming Knowledge:
Items: <Each point put in Items can choose one item to add to your personal inventory from the list. The default farming supplies are all available by ... default, surprisingly. The item in parentheses is the default item, written for comparison.>
  • Adamantine Rake (Steel Rake) : Give +2 to rake-related uses. It is a rake made of the sharpest adamantine, which never loses its edge, and is so light that lead weights are added to make it actually usable.
  • Dragon Flamethrower (Flint and Steel): Can be used to burn last year's crops away quite fine. It has ten charges. In the event you use it on a fellow human, it deals +10 damage.
  • Anti-dog armor (Farmer's Cotton Clothes): Provides two points of defense against various attacks such as bites.
  • Nightlock seeds (-none-) : You can grow the highly poisonous but purple nightlock with these seeds. Purple dye is expensive.
  • Magic wand (Stick) : If you stroke the handle of this wand, a magic bolt pops out! No real use in farming.
  • One extra animal of your choice (No extra animals of your choice) : What it says.
  • Rusty magata engine : One piece of a magata.
  • Rickety magata chassis : Another piece of a magata.
  • Sticky magata control panel : The third piece of a magata.
  • Fuel : Used in both magatas and in dragon flamethrowers.

WARNING: If you came into this thread hoping for a Harvest Moon, you will be disappointed.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Be A Farmer—The Epic
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 08:16:19 am »

Name: Tiakath Ador
Bio: She has grown up with farming parents, and she has a love of horses. She is brunette and 160 CM tall.
HP: 3 points.
Implement: 3
Farming 2
Items: Adamantine rake and night lock seeds.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 08:39:02 am »

Here.

Name: Maximillian Alabast
Short description, such as personality: A hardworking and calm young man of average size and light brown hair. Due to an habit of fending off occasional dangerous problems, he is brave for common standards, if somewhat quiet.

HP: 12 (4)
Farming Implement Mastery: (3)
Farming Knowledge: (2)
Items: Dragon Flamethrower

((May change later.))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 04:27:25 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 09:03:37 am »

One Question, whats the limitatons to an extra animal of my choice? a cow or dragon? a chicken or a chimera?
Name: John Ross
Short description, such as personality: Always overthinks things, short, has a moustache.

HP:4
Farming Implement Mastery:2
Farming Knowledge:2
Items:2
(Items coming after question answered.)
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 10:04:05 am »

Name: Ahrim Dethrack
Short description:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

HP: 1
Farming Implement Mastery:0
Farming Knowledge:6
Items:
Nightlock Seeds
Magic Wand x2 (dual wield hell yeah)
Gertrude the Cat, Ahrim's familiar
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 10:31:16 pm by MrWillsauce »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 12:53:25 pm »

Name: Tevee
Short description, such as personality: Short but ambitious, Tevee's more interested in being a merchant than a farmer. Alas, she had to start somewhere, and growing her own merchandise is a good start. She's fascinated by unusual things, be they arcane scrolls or priceless gems, and relatively unperturbed by danger.

HP: 4 (12 hp)
Farming Implement Mastery: 3
Farming Knowledge: 3
Items: 0

WARNING: If you came into this thread hoping for a Harvest Moon, you will be disappointed.
((Aw. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 01:38:05 pm »

Name: Muyotania
Short description, such as personality: He's a lovable, kindly soul who just wishes to bring peace and happiness back to the world.

HP: 9 (3 points)
Farming Implement Mastery: 3
Farming Knowledge: 3
Items: 1 (Nightlock Seeds)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 01:41:13 pm by Caerwyn »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 03:26:38 pm »

:<

P.T.W.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 06:49:45 pm »

Wait list? I doubt that many people will die, but never know around here.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 07:59:07 pm »

I've got to learn when to ignore my hate for reserves and just reserve.

Waitlist if there is one. If not, still watching.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 10:17:37 pm »

Post your first day's actions.

Don't forget to add your character sheet in spoilers too.
You may check what you have right now.
It's best to have lots of ifs and if nots, to do more actions in a shorter period of time.

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2012, 10:19:23 pm »

PTW
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2012, 10:33:14 pm »

Also what is a magata? Sounds like some sort of mech thing. I Googled it but I don't think I found what you're talking about.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 11:12:02 pm »

1st Day Action: Check what there is to be planted. Choose an appropriate crop and plant it. Plow the fields before if needed.

Spoiler: Maximillian (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 12:11:42 am »

Also what is a magata? Sounds like some sort of mech thing. I Googled it but I don't think I found what you're talking about.

It's in the OP. A flying machine of sorts. Basically a primitive helicopter.

Pages: [1] 2 3