Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Roll To Be A Farmer—The Epic  (Read 4312 times)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Be A Farmer—The Epic
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 12:38:28 am »

Uh...Plant the Nightlock Seeds?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 12:48:44 am »

Dammit, how did I miss this? Eh, PTW. Anyway I can get involved?
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2012, 11:58:16 am »

I plant my nightlock seeds wherever I think is best. I shoot one of the seeds with a magic bolt to see what happens. Also if anybody is trespassing on my property I threaten it. If it does not leave immediately I blast it with as many magic bolts as possible.

Ahrim:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 07:22:46 am by MrWillsauce »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2012, 02:04:38 pm »

Examine current supplies. Assuming I have seeds and/or crops, begin planting and/or tending them. If I have any animals, tend to them enough that they stay healthy. If any traders come, examine what they have, especially new seeds and animals.

Also, gaze at the tower on my breaks. What's it look like?

Spoiler: Tevee (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 03:08:55 am »

Plant Nightlock!
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 05:47:58 am »

Muyotania goes out to his portion of the fields, slowly digging and planting.

6->2+3+3 He enters a digging trance and ends up creating a hole to the rock layer. Muyotania scratches his head, wondering what got into him.

Ahrim plants his nightlocks. 1+6 He buries the seeds at just the right depth and covers them up.
Growth 0/10

He shoots one of the seeds. 5 The bolt hits the seed and it crumbles.

3 Ahrim can't see anyone on the farm.

Tevee examines her supplies. She has a steel rake, flint and steel, cotton clothes, a stick, a shovel, numerous tools used in farming, like a wheelbarrow, trowel, hoe, sickle, and basket. She also has a stockpile of seeds of green, yellow and red herbs, and a rabbit.

No traders arrive right now, but there is a low humming that might indicate an approaching magata.

The tower is tall and thin, made of white-yellow bricks and adorned with arches. It seems to stretch from the ground far far below all the way up to the sky where it disappears.

Kingfisher1112 plants the nightlock. 2 He sprinkles the seeds onto the ground and hopes they'll grow.

Growth 0/10, 50%

All: You see three magatas emerging from the shadow of the tower, around the far side. They slowly drift towards the island. Each magata has a propeller on the top, a glass window, and landing skids. The thing is made of a brown metal. It is as large as eight cows, but the smaller ones are the size of one or two cows and hold only two people.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2012, 05:58:36 am »

Tevee smiled at the approaching magatas. A shame she didn't have anything to trade yet.

Still, perhaps she'd pay them a visit once she had at least one field going, to see what they might have in the future.

Plant red herb seeds.

The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2012, 07:12:36 am »

Ahrim growls and looks begrudgingly at the magatas. He hammers a sign into the ground that says "Private property: trespassers will be shot". He also tends to his nightlocks.

Ahrim:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 09:08:00 am by MrWillsauce »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2012, 08:38:53 am »

Wonder why my action wasn't rolled for.

Plant yellow herb.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 12:18:04 pm »

Okay...

Fix that hole, and gently plant the Nightlock seeds, then explore my farm-island-thing thoroughly? I'm certain that there's something cool hidden about!

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2012, 10:17:12 am »

Tend to the plants, and plant various herbs.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 03:40:02 am »

(Oops, let this slip.)

Tevee bends over and 4 plants the red herb seeds exactly as they should be planted. Red Herbs growth 5/20

The magatas' drone is growing louder. She glances up again, and with a start realizes that they fly a banner, thin and triangular and black. There's some sort of white mark on the widest part of it but is rather indistinct.

The merchants had no banner.

Ahrim 1 hammers an empty plank of wood onto a stake and into the ground. Deep into the ground. So deep, in fact, that it is invisible to the mortal eye. Nothing but a hole.

6->1+6 The nightlocks grow. Growth 4/10

The loud drone of the magatas make you minorly annoyed.

Caellath 5 realizes that it's because his action was so prompt that it was buried in other people's joining posts.

Maximillian 4 successfully plants the yellow herbs.

Growth 0/20

Caerwyn 2 makes the hole slightly deeper.

3+3 He carefully plants the nightlock. Growth 4/10

6->4 Other than the magatas circling the island, and the other farmers doing their stuff, you don't spot anything much. The island looks like a bowl, overall, with mountain-ish things surrounding it, and plains in the middle. On the ninth of the plains that is Caerwyn's, there is a small forest, mostly of pine trees, and part of a lake stocked with small silver carp. The mountains surrounding the island might have caves in them.

Please reflect that if you don't write your own crops and bonuses, I might not take them into account >.>

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2012, 04:03:24 am »

ptw. Looks interesting, fantasy farming RTD :D
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2012, 04:48:23 am »

Tevee's brow furrowed as she looked at the magatas. If they weren't merchants, what were they? Scouts of some sort? Merchants' guards? Bandits?

There was adventure here, she was sure of it.

That said, adventure was no excuse not to tend her fields; these tourists or whatever would probably be landing soon enough anyway.

Tend red herbs. If they don't really need more attention, plant some yellow ones instead.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2012, 08:34:10 am »

Oi, where is my action?
Pages: 1 [2] 3