Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 45

Author Topic: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (86 -Story time over)  (Read 48253 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (20 -Mad pudding)
« Reply #180 on: August 13, 2012, 01:05:00 pm »

((Waiting on an action for Zalgus.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 13, 2012, 01:10:59 pm »

((Oh, oops again.))

Go into next room, examine in more detail.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (21 -Mad pudding)
« Reply #182 on: August 13, 2012, 02:35:42 pm »

"Well, well, what do we have here?

"Porous ooze trying to get my companions, eh?"

Rorrim looked at the blade of his polearm, it was blunt enough but not necessarily able to deal with such things...

Where are the torches when you need them?!

Throw rock > Pudding!

Rush up to Rorgrin's side, and if possible, bash the hell out of the nearest enemy.

Rock toss/Pudding dodge (1d6=4, 1d6=2)
You toss your slab with all might, and it impacts the wounded slime, dealing a little more damage to it (1 damage), then run to Rorgrin's side.

Back away towards the door, brandishing the warhammer menacingly.

"I wonder if Pudding feels fear."

Oh and if possible, attempt to grab the small pudding.

Grab small pudding/pudding defense; Back away (1d6=4, 1d6=3, 1d6=6)
You grab the small pudding, and back away to the door, finding that the slimy mass is quite stretchy, as you only draw away the portion you grabbed, while the rest of the body remains where it is, connected by a thinning tether. In your fascinated observations, you run back-first into the door, forcing it back open for everyone, and you fall into the room (prone (+1 to attacks against you, you get -1 to attacks)). The portion of slime you had grabbed snaps backwards into the pudding.

The wounded pudding oozes closer to Rorgrin and Rorrim, trying to grab the fallen warrior. Pudding attack; Rorgrin defense (1d6+1=3, 1d6=4) However, Rorgrin rolls out of the way just in the nick of time.

Enemies - 2 black puddings
Black pudding 1 - 20/25 hp -  melee distance to Rorgrin and Rorrim, not visible to the others.
Black pudding 1 droplet 1 - 4 hp - close distance to Rorgrin and Rorrim, not visible to the others.
Black pudding 2 - 25 hp -  close distance to Rorgrin and Rorrim, not visible to the others.

----

Go through the door Trael went through.
You go into the statue room, and watch as Trael gets some sort of show from the central statue and uses a scythe as a lever.

Trael swept the room with his lit eyesockets, before proceeding cautiously into the room with his sword ready before him.

Seeing no obvious danger, he headed over to the headless statue, inspecting it with a faint sense of suspicion.

>Into the room! Slowly, ready to deal with any danger.

>If nothing seems to be an immediate threat, go inspect the central statue. Carefully. If that doesn't reveal a way fowards, search the room for any way to proceed.
You cautiously move further into the room. Thankfully, none of the suspicious statues jumps into motion. As you move closer to the headless statue, however, something changes about it. Jumping back, you then are presented with the mundane statue... what was that change? More cautiously, you edge closer again... the statue... displays heads! Most of them mean nothing to you. Perhaps they might have in a former life, though, as you're quite certain you've also seen the ghoul you've killed. "Must everything in this place be a headache?"
As it seems that the statue holds little more to offer, you go check for other exits. (1d6=5) Hey, of the scythes of the scything things is mobile, and when you push it down, its pedestal rumbles aside! There's a staircase deeper! Deeper!

((Oh, oops again.))

Go into next room, examine in more detail.
Examine room in detail (1d6+1=4)
Hm, yes, those statues for the most part are anathema. And that central statue... yes, that may be... humm, something related to souls?

A crash from behind you alerts you three that the door to the circular room has been opened forcefully.

Spoiler: Zalgus (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trael (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rorrim (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

On the floor:
    Circular room: A rock
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #183 on: August 13, 2012, 03:08:45 pm »

Argleblarge attempt to get up and bludgeon the closest slime with the half-brick

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 13, 2012, 05:47:29 pm »

Investigate what destroyed the door.  Weapon up, in case it's an enemy.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 13, 2012, 05:49:01 pm »

"Oh dear. Best keep running or go deal with that," Zalgus muttered, looking where the sound had come from.

Accompany ally to investigate noise.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2012, 08:46:29 am »

"This is getting us nowhere!"

Grab the slab, slam the slab repeatedly like a grumpy man on the puddings! If not, let them taste my hefty boot!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 14, 2012, 01:11:59 pm »

((This thread could use a little more Yoink.))
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 14, 2012, 09:18:06 pm »

((Oh no, sorry guys! Not again...  ::) *Pours in some Yoink, stirs it through the mixture slowly*))

"Finally." Trael's luminous eyes swept the staircase as he strode towards it. "Whatever is down here, it cannot hide from me."
He quickly apologized to Larry as he headed down the stairs, taking a ready grip on his blade.
"Er, us. My bad."

>Descend!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (21 -Mad pudding)
« Reply #189 on: August 15, 2012, 09:35:06 am »

Argleblarge attempt to get up and bludgeon the closest slime with the half-brick
Get up (1d6=1)/Attack/pudding defense (1d6=3, 1d6=1)
You flail around on the ground, ineffectually hitting the pudding, whose oozing out of the way slides it away from you again.
((Level-up after the battle for Rorgrin.))

Investigate what destroyed the door.  Weapon up, in case it's an enemy.
"Oh dear. Best keep running or go deal with that," Zalgus muttered, looking where the sound had come from.

Accompany ally to investigate noise.
Looks like Rorgrin is lying prone in the door, battling one of the puddings. You keep your weapons drawn.

"This is getting us nowhere!"

Grab the slab, slam the slab repeatedly like a grumpy man on the puddings! If not, let them taste my hefty boot!
Slab slams/pudding defense (1d6=6, 1d6=6)
You grab the slab again, jump high up, raise the slab over your head, and with a great battlecry toss it down on the pudding as you descend (doubled result used for damage, 4 damage). Now you and the slab are in the pudding, which only doesn't manage to grab you because of its own attempted evasive maneuvers.

The attacked slime decides to go for the closer treat Slime attack/Rorrim defense (1d6=6, 1d6=3), grabs Rorrim, squeezes him (4 damage), but fails to establish a good hold for its constriction attack. The black pudding droplet oozes closer to Rorgrin, and tries to slam into him Slime attack/Rorgrin defense (1d6+1=3, 1d6=5), but Rorgrin once more rolls out of the way. The second of the black puddings then follows the droplet to do the same Slime attack/Rorgrin defense (1d6+1=2, 1d6=1), but only lands a gracing slam (1 damage).

Enemies - 2 black puddings

Black pudding 1 - 16/25 hp -  melee distance to close distance to Rorrim (grabbed), close distance to others, not visible to Trael.
Black pudding 1 droplet 1 - 4 hp - close distance to everyone but Trael
Black pudding 2 - 25 hp -  close distance to everyone but Trael

----

((Oh no, sorry guys! Not again...  ::) *Pours in some Yoink, stirs it through the mixture slowly*))

"Finally." Trael's luminous eyes swept the staircase as he strode towards it. "Whatever is down here, it cannot hide from me."
He quickly apologized to Larry as he headed down the stairs, taking a ready grip on his blade.
"Er, us. My bad."

>Descend!
You descend through the staircase, ending up against a wall. Thankfully, an obvious lever opens up a secret door, and you exit into... "A garden? Down here?" Larry's observation, though not wrong, may be a bit of an understatement. It's more of a small jungle, created by who knows how many years of neglect. But it's also true, how does a garden thrive here of all places?

Spoiler: Zalgus (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trael (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rorrim (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

On the floor:
    Circular room, in a slime: A rock
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #190 on: August 15, 2012, 09:39:17 am »

"GET OFF ME YOU GLORIFIED VITRIOL!"

Attack with the half-brick!

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 15, 2012, 09:41:09 am »

I assume cutting with the sword with my sword would be a fairly bad idea.  So we shall Get some distance on the puddings and attack the Black pudding 1 droplet with a firebolt.

((Question:  Does Firey Cylinder cause friendly fire?))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 15, 2012, 09:45:14 am »

((Yes, it's each creature in melee range.))
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 15, 2012, 11:05:38 am »

Warcry for others to hear!

Where are the rest? Have we been separated so easily? What are those things!?

Check the enemies for any signs of damage//weakness. Check the surroundings for any torches or fire source.

If none, and if possible: BASH WITH THE HAFT OF MY POLEARM!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #194 on: August 15, 2012, 05:41:22 pm »

ONLY BRICKS WILL STOP THEM NOW
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 45