Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 45

Author Topic: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (86 -Story time over)  (Read 48266 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

((I meant the Owly kind of Irony. :P))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Follow everyone down the stairs!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Delving deeper makes everything better!

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (19 -Sad pudding)
« Reply #168 on: August 10, 2012, 04:09:30 pm »

"I suppose these are the reagents they used in your...err, pardon my usage, sacrifice?" Rorrim said as he turned to face the corpse. It was the norm for him to see dead bodies, but this one had modesty - being able to cover up the more grotesque features of a cadaver. He liked her, in a way.

"As I guess you can't follow along with us in the depths, which we're headed, could you give some sagely advice? Do you want to be freed from this...eternal life?"

Ask.
"Not quite sacrifices, no. Those were actually insignia magically tuned to their owner. Sagely advice? I guess you may not have encountered some peculiarities of the Keep, the range of the Bloodstained Dreams is suspiciously low right now... You'll likely encounter truly sapient creatures, not just pseudo-intelligent creatures like ghouls. Be careful when killing them. You might get overwhelmed by visions from their life. And yes, I would like to be released from being a lichscar."

----

((Okay, I took a look at the puddings.  Those fuckers are badass!  Let's just run away from them, for now.))

Run past the puddings, and through the door.
Recognizing the black puddings as dangerous opponents, you run through the door that Trael kicked open.

"Oh look, Larry, one of them decided to join us." Trael muttered caustically to himself as he clattered his way through the newly-opened door, keeping his distance from those slimes. "I can't say I am particularly reassured."
>Head through door! Wait for this Baradine person to follow, and then tear a small strip from my cloak to close in the bottom of the door, marking it for later whilst keeping the slimes out.

As he pulled shut the door, a shred of fabric trailing under the bottom to mark it out, Trael straightened up, feeling slightly confused. It wasn't as though he needed a way back out, was it? He turned his empty eye sockets towards Baradine. Well, if they survived whatever lay ahead, he supposed they'd want a passage out of here.
With a shrug, the skeleton turned to look around.

>...Er, examine surroundings!
You rush into the door and prepare to close it quickly once the guys who followed you are in the room as well. It ends up being two of them, Baradine and Zalgus. The door closed and marked, you finally take a good look at the room you ended up in.
Examine surroundings (1d6=5)
The wall with the entry door is concave as one should expect from a room adjacent to a circular hall, the remainder is rectangular. This rooms seems as if it used to be a library, though the shelves appear mostly empty. A long engraved slab is set into the wall on the east, and a door sits on the western wall. Looking at the slab, the following is inscribed on it.
Darkness eternal, what does it hide?
I'm farther than the farthest starmoth
Crawling under your skin
I wander, I slumber

Caught in freedom
Purer than the Angels
Crueler than the Fiends
Deep beneath, Deep within

Mightier that a million soldiers
Weaker than a breeze
Confined in omnipresence
Stranger Realities

Follow everyone down the stairs!
Lacking stairs to follow anyone down, you instead follow Baradine and Trael into the room to flee from the slime creatures.

----

You make it back to the main keep. Everyone seems to have left. The other three doors are all closed, so likely they went either upstairs or downstairs. Assuming they didn't just go home.
I like how going home is an option.

Go down the stairs!

Oh and see if I can pick up anything along the way, I still want to throw something at Rorrim.

I feel cheated.

Pick up something (1d6=4)
On your way down the stairs, you pick up half a brick. Seems to be good enough for throwing at that pesky Rorrim. (Crushing Damage +0; Can be thrown at close range.)
Down the stairs, you see two large black puddings closing in on a door which is marked with a shred of green wool like Trael's cloak is made of.

Enemies - 2 black puddings - close distance to Trael, medium distance to Zalgus and Baradine, not visible to the others.

Spoiler: Zalgus (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trael (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rorrim (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile

Check for some doors or secret passageways.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"That was irritating."
The skeleton's voice somehow sounded annoyed as he headed onwards, sparing a short glance for the slab before continuing to the door.

"Any idea what that means, Larry? Seems like distracting nonsense to make us waste time, to me."

>Ask Larry his thoughts on slab!

>Then open door and head through!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

"I feel like ignoring the sentient pudding is going to end up poorly and fast."

Poke one of the puddings.

If hostile reaction is achieved, run through the cloak door.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

((Still waiting for a few actions...))
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Zalgus went over to examine the slab. After a short while he sighed in irritation and began massaging his temples.

"Some sort of riddle, I assume? Or possibly just the ravings of a madman, but they don't usually engrave those.

Anyway, my guess is water. Not sure how that helps us, though."

Examine remainder of room, especially any books and the door.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Thought I posted... :( ))

"Does physical weaponry hurt these creatures, and is there any way to shield oneself from these...sapient abominations?"

After asking, head downstairs and try to find the others.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (20 -Mad pudding)
« Reply #175 on: August 12, 2012, 04:39:57 am »

Check for some doors or secret passageways.
Check for some doors or secret passageways (1d6=3)
You cautiously push against the slab, shake a few shelves, and tap against a few walls, but to no avail. If there are more exits than the two obvious doors, you didn't find them.

"That was irritating."
The skeleton's voice somehow sounded annoyed as he headed onwards, sparing a short glance for the slab before continuing to the door.

"Any idea what that means, Larry? Seems like distracting nonsense to make us waste time, to me."

>Ask Larry his thoughts on slab!

>Then open door and head through!

"That slab describes me, definitely."
You open the door to the west and heedlessly head through. A large, mostly rectangular room, but the north-eastern corner is predictably concave. A few structural pillars are situated throughout the room, flanked with ...statues, you think, though the subject matter of these statues is difficult to tell. Scythes? Brains? A mass of stones? Oh, serpentine humanoids as well, finally something approaching normal. And in the center of the room, something more mundane... perhaps. A statue of a large armored humanoid, headless, grasping a greatsword pointing down. Even with little interest in art, that one is quite very well made.

Zalgus went over to examine the slab. After a short while he sighed in irritation and began massaging his temples.

"Some sort of riddle, I assume? Or possibly just the ravings of a madman, but they don't usually engrave those.

Anyway, my guess is water. Not sure how that helps us, though."

Examine remainder of room, especially any books and the door.
Examine remainder of the room (1d6+1=4)
You check to see whether any books are left in a readable state. Unfortunately, most, while surviving a touch, are faded to nigh unreadability. You can make out some text passages that talk about terror, anathema, some Dance of Souls... things that may jog your memory, but at the same time could just be generic words.

----

"I feel like ignoring the sentient pudding is going to end up poorly and fast."

Poke one of the puddings.

If hostile reaction is achieved, run through the cloak door.

Poke the pudding, pudding defense, run through door (1d6=6, 1d6=3, 1d6=3)
You put a bit too much power into your poke, and stumble away from the puddings and the door. The bit of slime you sliced off lands on the floor with a splat, and along with the two big puddings, oozes after you.

((Thought I posted... :( ))

"Does physical weaponry hurt these creatures, and is there any way to shield oneself from these...sapient abominations?"

After asking, head downstairs and try to find the others.
"I would not know, but I assume they are. In all likelihood, some kind entrance opened into the depths of the world somewhere in the keep. Perhaps Prodith opened it. All I know is that for the Bloodstained Dreams to be soothed as much as they are, a number of sapients that managed not to kill each other over the Dreams must be in the general area."

You head downstairs, past the engraved stone door, and see Rorgrin slice off some part of a large black pudding, which promptly oozes after him. Rorgrin seems to try to get to a door with some scrap of Trael's cloak in it, but now the two slimes and a fifth are between him and the door.

Approach/Keep distance (1d6=2, 1d6=2, 1d6=1, 1d6=2, 1d6=3, 1d6=5)
The slimes all try to move closer to Rorgrin, but Rorgrin manages not only to keep his distance, but also get away a bit, closer to the door again.

Enemies - 2 black puddings - close distance to Rorgrim, medium distance to Rorrim, not visible to the others.
Black pudding 1 - 21/25 hp
Black pudding 1 droplet 1 - 4 hp
Black pudding 2 - 25 hp

Spoiler: Zalgus (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trael (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rorrim (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 12, 2012, 06:32:55 am »

"Well, well, what do we have here?

"Porous ooze trying to get my companions, eh?"

Rorrim looked at the blade of his polearm, it was blunt enough but not necessarily able to deal with such things...

Where are the torches when you need them?!

Throw rock > Pudding!

Rush up to Rorgrin's side, and if possible, bash the hell out of the nearest enemy.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #177 on: August 12, 2012, 09:10:39 am »

Back away towards the door, brandishing the warhammer menacingly.

"I wonder if Pudding feels fear."

Oh and if possible, attempt to grab the small pudding.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 12, 2012, 11:59:58 am »

Go through the door Trael went through.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 12:01:38 pm by Baradine »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 12, 2012, 01:03:16 pm »

Trael swept the room with his lit eyesockets, before proceeding cautiously into the room with his sword ready before him.

Seeing no obvious danger, he headed over to the headless statue, inspecting it with a faint sense of suspicion.

>Into the room! Slowly, ready to deal with any danger.

>If nothing seems to be an immediate threat, go inspect the central statue. Carefully. If that doesn't reveal a way fowards, search the room for any way to proceed.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 45