Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 45

Author Topic: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (86 -Story time over)  (Read 48241 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (12 - GM rolled a 2)
« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2012, 03:48:05 am »

RUSH AND CHARGE DOWN ONE OF THE OTHER GHOULS.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2012, 04:58:01 am »

>Keep the impaled ghoul between myself and the others and kick it off the blade, then hack the legs out from beneath the one which bit me.

Trael didn't really feel emotion any more... At least, nothing more than the constant pain the longer he delayed from fulfilling his 'purpose'. But even so, that was damned frustrating. He swung his boot up to try and dislodge the dead ghoul, the only outward indicator of annoyance a slight increase in the glow around his eye sockets.

The skeleton remains eerily silent throughout the battle.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2012, 12:04:40 pm »

Cut bitches up with my sword.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2012, 02:29:34 pm »

"Prodith, eh? Interesting."

Bludgeon ghouls.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (13 - A big ghoulf ball)
« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2012, 04:55:51 pm »

Stab the ghoul in the face.
Stab ghoul/ghoul defense (1d6=6, 1d6=2) You decide that rather than stabbing with your warhammer, you play golf with it and the ghoul head in front of you. The head cleanly comes off, and you hear it tumbling down some stairs that you hadn't have the time to look for. Despite this success, it turns out that warhammers aren't quite suited for playing golf, leaving you a bit off-balance (-1 to defense and attack until next turn).

RUSH AND CHARGE DOWN ONE OF THE OTHER GHOULS.
Close in, charge ghoul/ghoul defense (1d6=4, 1d6=1, 1d6=5) (again with the wrong bonus)
You charge at the remaining ghoul in melee, but stray pebbles cause you to lose your sure footing, landing your axe inches away from the foe, and leaving you vulnerable to attacks (-1 to defense and attack until next turn).
>Keep the impaled ghoul between myself and the others and kick it off the blade, then hack the legs out from beneath the one which bit me.

Trael didn't really feel emotion any more... At least, nothing more than the constant pain the longer he delayed from fulfilling his 'purpose'. But even so, that was damned frustrating. He swung his boot up to try and dislodge the dead ghoul, the only outward indicator of annoyance a slight increase in the glow around his eye sockets.

The skeleton remains eerily silent throughout the battle.
Get rid of corpse; attack ghoul/ghoul defense (1d6=4, 1d6=2, 1d6=4)
You try to kick the ghoulish corpse off your weapon and hobbling your attacker, but the dead creature doesn't slide cleanly off the sword, and doesn't come off until after it has already mucked up your attack.

Cut bitches up with my sword.
Lacking female dogs to autopsy, you attack the ghouls instead. Cut up ghoul/ghoul defense (1d6+1=4, 1d6=4) You open up a nasty gash in the chest of the undead that assaulted Trael. (3 damage)

"Prodith, eh? Interesting."

Bludgeon ghouls.
Bludgeon ghoul/ghoul defense (1d6=5, 1d6=5) You bring your skull staff to bear against the ghoul's skull. Both seem about equally matched, though you did leave an impression on the ghoul's head. (1 damage)

Enemies - 2 Ghouls

The wounded ghoul tries again to bite Trael, apparently finding the skeleton tasty. Attack Trael/Trael defense (1d6=4, 1d6=4) It doesn't even penetrate the cloak.

Approach; Attack Rorgrin/Rorgrin defense (1d6=1, 1d6=2, 1d6=2) The final ghoul lunges forward at Rorgrin, but drops prone long before its jump could reach him.

Ghoul 1 - 1/5 hp; Melee
Ghoul 3 - Close, prone (+1 to attacks against it, gets -1 to attacks)

Spoiler: Zalgus (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trael (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rorrim (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 05, 2012, 04:58:33 pm »

Finish Ghoul 1 off with a Firebolt, and begin the assault on Ghoul 3 with my sword.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2012, 04:59:32 pm »

"You are outmatched, fiends!" Zalgus cried dramatically, continuing to hit things with his staff.

Recite dramatic line, hit ghouls.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2012, 05:30:25 pm »

With his blade free of obstructions, Trael whirled it around before bringing it down in a two-handed strike upon the nearest ghoul.
>Cleave the nearest livingintact ghoul!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2012, 08:49:07 pm »

"Accursed luck!"

Brush past the ghouls and explore deeper in the keep.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #129 on: August 06, 2012, 05:38:56 am »

Walk to the West exit.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Roll through the Keep of Bloodstained Dreams (14 - Mystery guest)
« Reply #130 on: August 06, 2012, 08:02:46 am »

Finish Ghoul 1 off with a Firebolt, and begin the assault on Ghoul 3 with my sword.
Firebolt/ghoul defense, sword attack/ghoul defense (1d6+1=5, 1d6=6, 1d6+1+1=6, 1d6=4)
You shoot a firebolt at the first ghoul, but it stumbles backwards, falling down prone, then you charge the second ghoul and cleave it in half with your sword (used 1 action point). The battle pretty much over, you look around. The room you're in is kind of T-shaped, the long arm being directly past the main door, with doors leading into the passages. The rest of the room leads straight, with to more doors at the sides, towards a staircase, leading up and down. You hear steps from the stairs above, and a voice says "I bear no ill will towards you. Well, less than I bear towards Prodith."

"You are outmatched, fiends!" Zalgus cried dramatically, continuing to hit things with his staff.

Recite dramatic line, hit ghouls.
Clobber ghoul/ghoul defense (1d6+1=7, 1d6=4) You clobber the last ghoul with your skull staff, turning the former into pulp, as you hear a  voice "You realize that ghouls cannot make that judgment, right?". Wait, who said that? The battle over anyway, you look around. The room you're in is kind of T-shaped, the long arm being directly past the main door, with doors leading into the passages. The rest of the room leads straight, with to more doors at the sides, towards a staircase, leading up and down. You hear steps from the stairs above, and the same voice says "I bear no ill will towards you. Well, less than I bear towards Prodith."

With his blade free of obstructions, Trael whirled it around before bringing it down in a two-handed strike upon the nearest ghoul.
>Cleave the nearest livingintact ghoul!
The ghoul is turned to mush before you can even attack it, so you take a look around instead. The room you're in is kind of T-shaped, the long arm being directly past the main door, with doors leading into the passages. The rest of the room leads straight, with to more doors at the sides, towards a staircase, leading up... and leading down. Down. Deeper. Deeper into the keep. Deeper. You hear steps from the stairs above, and a voice says "I bear no ill will towards you. Well, less than I bear towards Prodith."

"Accursed luck!"

Brush past the ghouls and explore deeper in the keep.
The room you're in is kind of T-shaped, the long arm being directly past the main door, with doors leading into the passages. The rest of the room leads straight, with to more doors at the sides, towards a staircase, leading up and down. You hear steps from the stairs above, and a voice says "I bear no ill will towards you. Well, less than I bear towards Prodith."

Walk to the West exit.
The battle over, you head west through the passage into the outer wall. Hm, towards the south is a bend, towards the north is a pile of rocks as if through a cave-in.

Entry rough
Code: [Select]
    ______
    |.><.|
    +....+
    |....|
____|....|____
+............+
______++______

Wall and passage rough
^^^^
|^^|
|..|

|..|_+__
|..+...+
|..|__+_
|..|

|..|_
_____

Ghoul 1 - 1/5 hp; Melee
Ghoul 3 - Close, prone (+1 to attacks against it, gets -1 to attacks)

Spoiler: Zalgus (IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trael (Yoink) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rorrim (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #131 on: August 06, 2012, 08:09:57 am »

Wall and passage rough
^^^^
|^^|
|☺.|

|..|_+__
|..+...+
|..|__+_
|..|

|..|_
_____
Examine the rocks to see if they are negotiable. Attempt to pull out one of the rocks on top of the pile.

Examine that too.

In fact, examine everything that can be examined. Examine myself too.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 06, 2012, 08:12:03 am »

Head up yonder stairs.

Rorrim rubbed his beard in contemplation, disembodied voice bears no ill will, aye?

Well, that's a good thing.

"Maleficar, mage, wizard. Whoever you be, announce thyself! We bear no ill will towards you, if you wish to stay at peace with us."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 06, 2012, 09:17:12 am »

Trael was unimpressed by the disembodied voice as he headed onwards towards those stairs, sword held in a two-handed grip, ready.
"I do not know who you are. I do not know who Prodith is." His flat voice echoed from his jaw like the rustling of dead leaves,
"If you wish to prove how little ill will you bear towards me, you will show yourself and explain all this in person. Otherwise, I have business to attend to..."

>Descend! Ready for whatever lies ahead!
Booze is Life for Yoink

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 06, 2012, 02:08:28 pm »

"I did not, thank you for that," Zalgus replied. "Now may I ask, who are you and who is Prodith, other than these beasts' master, and what is your business with him and us?"

Walk towards voice.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 45