Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll To Occult: Art Bell Would Be Proud [4/4]  (Read 9739 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Occult: Welcome to the Aesir Initative [4/4]
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2012, 07:31:57 pm »

At a complete loss for what to do, Ambrose takes out her android and surfs the web for interesting stuff, not necessarily related to the case
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2012, 07:57:34 pm »

It was odd such a horrifying memory came to her just then, but Kathryn had taken something from that-maybe she had gone mad, in a good way.

Just crazy enough to accept that what she was seeing was real-and crazy enough to shoot it. It was a good shot. She couldn't remember much else-she later found out Aesir had 'relocated' the Kid, whatever that meant-but it had given an odd sort of survival instinct, to go with the deconstruction of her reality. A good trade, maybe?

In a world of grey morality and endless red tape, Aesir had showed her the Dark Black-utter, complete evil-and given her free reign to fight it as she wished. Liberation.

She laughed a bit, leaning up against the van. Wow.

Kathryn wondered where her boyfriend was now, who he was with. Jackson...they had been on the way out when she was 'transferred' so it wasn't a terrible loss. Still. She missed him. His stupid jokes. He could make pretty good waffles. Nice in bed. He couldn't play guitar worth a damn, but he certainly tried for her, didn't he. He always tried, and for a bit...she could just imagine, maybe...she could have married him. Could of had kids. Could have been happy.

Yeah, right. Then came the Bug-she didn't tell anyone about that, not way in Hell. And after that, the Man who could shoot Fire from his hands. He actually left a corpse when she killed him. And how to explain, gunning down an 'unarmed' man?

Funny. What might have been. Pointless regrets.

As far as Jackson knew, Kathryn had been assigned to some obscure section of the FBI as a criminal profiler. All contact with a past life, had to be cut-for normal people like her. Too many things could smell out her thoughts and feelings (or they just used the internet), and find, and hurt those she had loved.

Kathryn was ready to move on. She was back in the game. Batten down the hatches. It's game time.

Action: Head back and help the interrogation. Good Cop?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2012, 08:55:28 pm »

Eric offered his hand to James and helped him get support against a nearby concrete barrier.
"Yeah, I guess we can talk. No problem, I'll just go and fetch our last member."

As he moved towards Kathryn, he noticed her expression quickly changed in a matter of seconds, from somewhat shocked to determined. Well, that's a tough one, at least.

Allowing himself a smile, he waited until she was halfway towards the wreck to join the ex-cop's side as they moved back to the place James was. He knew she didn't need kind words, but at least showing he was there for her could be important; God knew how much she had lost when she had her moment of revelation, while he was a vagabond investigator by choice. It was just curiosity that got him into that life, he tried to convince himself. Deep inside, though, he suspected he would die sooner or later in that business and that was only his way of trying to do something good for the world instead of living just for living.
"Nice to see you better, Kat."

Upon reaching James, he stared back at the man/creature's face.
"I do think we could have a better conversation far from the road, though."

Get things fixed so we can have a little chat with James. Stay wary anyway.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2012, 11:04:23 am »

"Nice to see you better, Kat."

Kathryn nodded, offering a smile herself. Her confidence and resolve were fortified a bit. At least they could all be crazy and messed up together.

"Thanks, Eric."

She was actually fairly comforted that there was another Human she could talk to, at times-the Werewolf wasn't big on Human niceties, and Bak was usually saying something creepy and disturbing.

Up till now, she had been treating Eric with a sort of professional detachment. From what she knew, he was something like a private investigator, but he actually dealt with these...things...as a way of life.

While the Black had all but leaped out of the gutter and grabbed her by the neck, Eric had been born and ready to fight it on it's own terms. While she didn't believe that made him any less horrified by the things he saw-she wondered if he carried the same scars she did-Kathryn knew he could handle it better than she did, no doubt.

Maybe something she would ask him about, later. If they survived.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 11:22:20 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2012, 12:19:39 pm »

Ambrose started checking her email on the android.

As she saw the latest message, she winced.

Boomchickaboom was also known as Michael Leary, Ambrose's boyfriend. A medical student, a kind British guy who rarely drank, wasn't an asshole and was quite smart and funny. Ambrose had to cut all ties off with him due to Aesir, but... She couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt. She tried to replace him with one-shot dates, but nothing matched. Maybe, she thought, it would be possible to meet up again... Maybe if she asked?

She really missed him.

"How, exactly?" Eric asked, raising an eyebrow. James was a mystery, but he didn't seem like a complete hostile. Maybe the tactics were to scare them away? James was confusing.

James smiled in a "Watch This" way, and walked over to the cars. He closed his eyes and held his arms out, and began to whisper something. Red runes appeared around him, and something began to whisper.

Chattur'gha, Antorbok,  Magormor

The cars floated in the air, suddenly covered in a red energy, flipped themselves properly and were set down, perfect condition. A very confused looking Bakster also tumbled out, and looked around.

"What the hell was that!?"

"I agree, what did you just do there?"

"It's a gift." James smiled at Eric.

Eric sighed.
Bakstur was having a dream. Usually his dreams were tainted by sanity being destroyed, gods being obliterated and sentient life reduced to screaming, cannibalistic savages. Not this one. He was dreaming of Ambrose.

Werewolves always made him... curious, to say the least. Bakstur was an aspiring writer, and for some reason his mind always drifted to werewolves when writing. That beauty and the horror of being made not yourself, the curse and yet the power that comes with it... It would make a brilliant story. He always found werewolves much better protagonists then vampires if he was asked to write about urban fantasy. Bakstur just liked werewolves, though, it wasn't a fetish or anything. It was just interesting for him. He always wanted to talk to Ambrose, have a good long talk about it, but he never got a chance. They lived states away, they wouldn't be able to talk except on missions, which is no place for it.

Ambrose and Bakstur were sitting across from each other in a forest. Ambrose was naked, as was Bakstur. It wasn't an erotic feeling, it just felt natural as if that was how it was meant. Bakstur looked at Ambrose, and she looked back at him. Then she began to change. Subtly, at first. A patch of fur here, a claw there. In 10 seconds, she was a humanoid-ish wolf staring at him.

Bakstur didn't change. He felt vaguely awkward.

"Why don't you change?" She tilted her head as she asked this.

Bakstur awkwardly smiled and chuckled. "Uh... Uhm... Well, I'm..." He scratched his head and sighed, feeling socially awkward and idiotic for no real reason.

Then he woke up.

"Could you be less vague?"

"Yeah, or you're probably not going to be breeding any time soon." Eric nodded, playing along with the routine. Things were going okay. James knew what he was doing. Question is, would James buy it?

"It was a gift from dark gods called the Ancients who would like to eat the universe ASAP since they failed at eating another universe the last time. What else do you need to know?"
James chuckled. "Seriously, it's just a magical art, the Aesir Initiative knows about it. It's not evil."

Kathryn's eyebrow was in danger of falling off with the raising of it she was going to need to do if this guy was the norm for wizards.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2012, 12:43:53 pm »

Kathryn shrugged. It was crazy however she thought about it. She walked over to him.

"...whatever, Gandalf. We need to track down this thing that's been munching on tourists. I'm guessing you want to, as well?

I know, we might have different goals here, but at least that one is the same. Instead of getting in each others way, let's take this thing down-why don't we work together? My name's Kathryn Lynch."
She said, placing a hand on his shoulder and staring him down-a combination of friendly cop pressure and a bit of feminine charm.

Action: Try to convince James we should work together.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2012, 12:52:53 pm »

Eric sighed. He had already found "sorcerers" but he hadn't seen that type of magic so far. Usually, the kind of people he found shot fireballs out of their mouths or created various limbs or anything that was more useful for killing rather than fixing things.
"Let's find somewhere to eat and talk, then we may try to figure out things together. Pick a nice place, though, your jewels still aren't out of danger. You drive in front of us, we'll follow."

Since Kathryn was making introductions, he tapped James' remaining shoulder.
"And I'm Eric Lowe. Can't say I'm too pleased to meet you, but that goes both ways, eh?" he said, smirking. He knew that although James was a freak, they were probably similar in some points.

Then he moved to the repaired SUV, calling the rest of the team.
"Ok, I guess is time to go. Bak, enough dreaming and mumbling creepy things about people from our team, come here."

"Ambrose, we're leaving now."

Convince James to work together with the team and have a strategy meeting with the group and him in a restaurant.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 01:00:30 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2012, 05:04:51 pm »

Bakstur will delve deep into the inner nerd, and...Oh, wait. Wrong RTD. Er, Bakstur will his stuff, and leave the car. Go for a walk...Somewhere. His head needs to be cleared.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2012, 07:05:57 pm »

"Damnit" Ambvrose muttered under her breath, but she swould deal with it after the mission

Bakstur was off in his own head, but the two cops seemed to have the guy, now, not, the purp? talking"Hey you two, I am at a complete loss here, has anything this guy said been useful yet, I see he fixed our car though," This to the guy "thanks"
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2012, 07:10:21 pm »

"Hey you two, I am at a complete loss here, has anything this guy said been useful yet, I see he fixed our car though,"
"Yeah, he has been useful. He seems like a common guy these days, trying to strangle you first then inviting you to hang out with him later."
>Yes?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2012, 07:31:08 pm »

"Yeah, he has been useful. He seems like a common guy these days, trying to strangle you first then inviting you to hang out with him later."

"Better than the other way arround"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2012, 08:27:00 pm »

"Better than the other way arround"
"You got a good point there. He just can't get back to the first step, though."
>Yes?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2012, 04:41:43 pm »

The town was a dark little berg in the middle of nowhere, the forests harboring dark spirits and secrets, the sun staring down at the gray plains as the occupants shuffled from one place to the next pointlessly. He wondered how a town like this would even exist without God deciding it wasn't worth the effort and wiping it off the map. He stopped next to a classic American diner on the way, and stepped out of the car. The rest followed and apart from Bakstur entered the diner. They sat at a booth and Eric started the conversation as Ambrose browsed on her Android.

"So, James. Let's talk business."

"What's up?"

"James, I think you should be part of our team in tracking down this thing."

"... I work alone, I'm afraid. I don't play well with teammates, I'm sorry."

"I'm sure you will be fine, James."

"Seriously, I'm no good. I'll give you information, but I'm a loner type."

"Your jewels are still in the danger zone, James."

"You have a lot more to lose if you take my balls off, my friend. I'm doing you a favor here, I'll fuck up the team dynamic. I will give you information, though."
Kathryn really liked the town of New Hempenshire. It was a nice little town, surrounded by lovely pine wood forests and it seemed like the kind of town you could grow up in and remember it fondly. The sun was even shining down and it was a nice day. As they entered a diner, they sat down and Eric and James talked. She interjected.

"James, you're a smart guy. We're just investigating this and you seem to have a grip on things. This could make a career if you do it just right, and the Aesir Initiative is powerful. Even if you just have your support, you're set. What do you say, James?"

James smiled, and nodded. "Hm... This could be the start of a beautiful a partnership, my friends."

Simply just dont try that buddhist shit on me man i dont like it when you do that nothing. Not even black, or white.

His thoughts were on a screen and he was watching.

For twenty minutes, he was at peace.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2012, 04:49:18 pm »

Eric shot a glance at Kathryn. It read something along the lines of "Feminine charm? Good going, but be careful." His eyes focused on James again and he decided it was about time to get things explained. At least as much as the other man could explain them.

"Well, then you can start to talk about what you know. We just got there and we don't have a lot to analyze aside from that body, and the fact it was tore by something what looked like claws didn't narrow it down too much. Information would be appreciated."

Ask James some questions.
>Yes?

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2012, 05:37:09 pm »

Refreshed, Bakstur will find himself some delicious icy-cold chocolate milk, and go for a short run. Also, since he IS vegetarian, get some french fries and a small salad; - No dressing or other condiments, after the run.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13