Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll To Occult: Art Bell Would Be Proud [4/4]  (Read 9727 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Occult: Welcome to the Aesir Initative [4/4]
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2012, 04:50:27 pm »

Eric kept a brisk pace through the wet ground, slippery from rain and fallen leaves. As he made his way to the crest of the hill across from the crime scene, he looked around quickly for the suspect. His eyes found a man with pale skin, brown hair and the blackest eyes Eric had ever gazed upon, hiding in the shadows of a grouping of trees... and ready to strike. The man's hands dissipated and became jet-black, 10 centimeter long curved claws. In seconds, the man grabbed him by the neck and held him up high, neglectfully failing to deal with Eric's gun. Eric managed to fire off the gun in the man's leg, causing the man to let go and stumble back, clutching his wound.

Eric felt his throat. Lucky for him, it wasn't bleeding... The monster seemed to want him alive...
Bakstur clicked the safety off as the man stumbled back, and prepared to fire. A single shot flew through the air and hit it's mark, square in the chest. The man fell to the ground. The man stood up and ran at Bakstur, then slashed across Bakstur's face, creating a bad gash on his cheeks.

painpainpainpainpainmakeitstopmakeitstopmakeitstop

Bakstur couldn't help himself, the Angel's screaming in his mind. killkillkillkillkillkillkilkilllkilkilkkillikillkilikillll He screamed so loud and punched the man square in the face. Pain overran his senses, but he kept himself sane... For now. The suspect gasped as he tried to stand up, but failed.

The man was on the ropes.

Dammit...
Kathryn sprinted as she heard Eric gasp. When she got up to the hill, she saw what was happening. A man in a black suit was a few meters away from Eric, half-collapsed on the ground, clutching his chest and right leg. Where his hands should have been were long, nasty looking claws. The man looked at her, then scrambled up then ran like the world had it in for him, despite his wounds. Kathryn ran after him, through the bracken and the closely grouped trees. Soon, she lost him.

She grunted with frustration, and wondered what to do next.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2012, 05:02:14 pm »

((How did the enemy manage first strike?))

Eric stood up and calmly brushed off his clothing. If he ever found that creature again, he'd make it pay for leaving him alive. The young man then turned to Ambrose, already running to give chase.

"Can you follow his scent?"

Run towards the direction the man disappeared.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 05:21:29 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2012, 05:18:15 pm »

He was hiding in the trees since if they got to the top of the hill the team would have managed to find him if he ran, due to the vantage point. There's a few groves of trees around.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2012, 05:20:58 pm »

"Perhaps, and I was trying to memorise the scent incase we lost him, but I am a person too, try to see me that way, not as some tame monster."

Track the perp, if unable to track like this, warn the others then shift so I have a better chance
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2012, 05:28:45 pm »

Eric's eyes shifted from the path to Ambrose.
"I'm sorry if you are sensitive about these matters. I don't see you as a monster, but as a bright girl a year younger than me who had a future ahead of her and was stuck into a mess she didn't deserve to be thrown in."

He touched his neck with a resolute expression.

"I just didn't want to lose his track and asked for your help, but I'll let you do your work from now on. My apologies."
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 05:37:27 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2012, 05:41:21 pm »

It's ok, I am a bit tetchy, ever since we gt out of the car, my wolf side has been giving me a headache, not your fault, I should not have taken it out on you.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2012, 05:55:45 pm »

Tend to the cut on my cheek. Check on the others, and put the safety back on. If all is said and done, try and mutter a prayer to calm my thoughts.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2012, 09:28:42 pm »

Damn. Why didn't I take the shot? Kathryn thought.

She motioned for the others to gather. It was easy to get seperated in the adrenaline rush-everyone wanted a piece of the monster. She had read personnel transcripts that started like that, and most of those were post mortem.

Action: Make sure our entire group is together-keep anyone from running off by themselves.

Then, continue tracking the beast, follow the physical trail.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2012, 03:12:11 pm »

Spoiler: Author's Note (click to show/hide)
Ambrose sniffed the air, trying to piece together something recognizable. The guy would have be running, he'd have to breath fast, excrete lots of energy, adrenaline... Something would have to be there. Nothing. Not even a scent. She grunted with frustration.

"I'm sorry, but could you guys move places?" She asked. They moved aside quickly, and she sniffed again. A scent. An alien smell, like adrenaline mixed with dried out cola. Sticky, very sticky, and it didn't leave her mouth and nose when it needed to. Ichor-like, would be an apt description.

She pointed in the direction of the monster. She knew two things: the direction of it, and that this thing wasn't human.
Kathryn made a motion for them to follow her. It wouldn't do having them separate like b-movie characters and get decapitated or eviscerated or whatever. She looked down for a proper trail, just having Ambrose to guide her wouldn't be an amazing move since her wolf-nose seemed to fluctuate like a lie detector on a politician. There was no trail of footsteps, or even a sign that the area had been disturbed. Supernatural types, they don't have the courtesy to actually have a way to track them in any sane manner. She almost felt lost... After a few minutes, she found her way back to the actual part of the forest. Annoyed and slightly embarrassed, she let Ambrose lead the way.
Eric followed Kathryn's lead, then Ambrose when Kathryn seemed to get frustrated after walking around in the middle of nowhere. They tracked the perp perfectly... to a road, with a few signs of a car being there for a time and then driving off recently.

Cars, firearms, eating flesh... This thing was a contradiction in terms.
Meanwhile, Bakstur was at the back of the group, fighting back occasional stings from his cheek. The Angel's moaning was a hurtsmakestophurts low drone on his mind, and he had to stop himself from yelling angrily from sheer frustration. He whispered the Lord's Prayer, hoping it would keep it quiet for a few minutes. fuckyoufuckyoufuckyou Bakstur fell to the ground, on his knees. don't dare whisper that dead gods chant to me you little prick you fucked up not me you made the pain come

Bakstur's hand prepared to slash across his face like before, but it stopped. you know what i dont even care at this point go fuck up elsewhere im going to sleep go die or something

And with that, Bakstur was free. A weight came from his shoulders, and now it was just him.

It was oddly quiet.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2012, 03:28:24 pm »

Eric sighed.

"I don't think we'll get much from staying here and I guess we found everything we could with the body. Any ideas aside from chasing him? I guess examining the woods is one of them, but then we could definitely lose his track."

If they don't have any other ideas, then get the SUV, get everyone inside and try to give chase.
>Yes?

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2012, 03:53:26 pm »

Go along with what Caellath recommends. I'm probably not going to bleed out too soon.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2012, 05:51:51 pm »

"Oh god!That stuff sticks right up my nose, anyone got an air freshener or even body spray would be better than this stuff, my nose is not gonna be useful for a while so I guess that we try to follow by car"

Follow Eric back to the car, trying to get rid of the cloying scent

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2012, 08:16:39 pm »

Action: Bug out with the rest of the team

OOC: Sorry for the late action. :X
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2012, 10:17:02 pm »

uhh Bump?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2012, 01:22:23 pm »

Spoiler: Author's Note (click to show/hide)
Eric ran to the SUV and climbed into the driver's seat, waiting to start it up as everyone climbed in. He began driving onto the main highway, and moved in between the empty lanes as the sunlight showered down above them, lighting up the road like a Christmas tree. A sole car ahead of them was driving quickly, the driver looking exactly like their target. Quickly keeping pace with the car, Eric rolled down the window. He shouted "Pull over immediately and we won't harm you." Eric didn't think going all guns blazing was such a good idea, and since the perp had no weapons apart from his claws, he'd have to ram Eric with his car which didn't work in anything except the movies.

Surely, the guy had to know that it was a really terrible idea to slam your car against another car at high speeds, having to concentrate on both the other car, your car and whatever was ahead?

This guy sure didn't. He tried serving right into Eric's car, but then one of the wheels caught on a concrete barrier and it started skidding all over the place, an out of control, clumsy hunk of metal going at 80MPH.

"What the hell is he doing? Is he crazy!?"
Ambrose, before this, was busy sniffing the tree-shaped air fresher she had taken off the mirror. The smell of the artificial lavender did not play well with the sticky oil in her nose, and made her feel like she had the worst cold ever.

Evidently so. Ambrose stared in horror as the suspect's car served into position right in front of the SUV, the suited man grinning at the SUV. Was he asking for a horrible death? Eric barely managed to swerve out of the way, smashing into the car along the way sending it twirling right into a concrete barrier. Now was the problem that the SUV was about to flip over.

Through various methods of jumping out of the car using kicks to windows, being very dexitiorous with a handle on a door and just being quick, the team managed to jump out of the car before any serious damage was done.

Somehow still alive but holding his arm that looked pretty beat-up, the suspect stared at them beside the wreck of his car.

Then tried to run away.

Bakstur stood up from the wreckage and grinned.

"Where you going, friend?" Bakstur walked toward the fleeing suspect. "Don't you wanna stay and..."

Bakstur laughed, as the pain would begin.

"Play?" He continued laughing, and then he ran and began to play.

When Bakstur was done, the suspect was terrified, covered in blood (His? Bakstur couldn't tell) and the Angel sounded like he was laughing.

Well, at least the suspect was disabled... His legs didn't look like they'd be moving any time soon.
Kathryn stared in total horror as the demon did his work. When he was done, Kathryn was confused as to how the suspect was still alive and... basically uninjured. She walked over and stared at the suspect, then at Bakstur.

"Well, then..." Bakstur casually tried to break the ice.

Kathryn only had this feeling at the funerals of kidnapped children. A complete blank on what to say.

Maybe she'd think of something in the next twenty seconds, cos she was probably going to punch him if not in anger, then horror.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13