Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24

Author Topic: BYOLoLC - Requiem cast'd, everyone dies  (Read 72083 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: BYOLoLC [10/10] - Day 1 - They nerfed Irelia!
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2012, 02:14:24 pm »

Ironyowl: Do you think that having LoL experience will be an advantage, or will it make no difference, both for yourself and other players.
I think it'll give a very slight advantage mechanics-wise, since we'll be vaguely familiar with general action sets and how characters play in general, but nothing major. Aside from any slight disorientation due to that or not being familiar with flavor, I don't see it giving any day game advantages.

Imiknorris, do you think town and scum's roles will be roughly balanced?

Orangebottle, who here would you most want as a scumbuddy and why? What about masonbuddy? Fellow town?

zombie urist, suppose you're scum. Would you rather have a single-target damage move or a weaker multi-target that adds up to more damage total?

Native, would you rather have a damage dealing, roleblocking, or shielding move?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2012, 02:38:45 pm »

PFP

PotL: Thanks. Probably Nexus Field then, as all the other times I've been PGO (in SC2 Mafia) I usually ended up blowing away more townies than scum. I did enjoy the game where I got a scum, the SK, and the Witch all in one night though, lol.

But yeah, Nexus Field, unless it's a silent redirect. It's safer and (arguably) more beneficial, though I admittedly haven't given it much thought.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2012, 02:49:50 pm »

Phantom:
Toaster:  Doc, Cop, Roleblocker, or Vig; If your role had a combination of any two of those, what combination would you choose and how would you use it?

Cop and vig.  Find scum, knock em dead.

How has your absence from playing affected your view of the game?

Native:  You're playing Ranked, and picking first on your team.   Other side bans Morde.  Do you

A)  Flame whoever banned him
B)  Ragequit
C)  AFK in protest
D)  All of the above

Also, if you were about to hang in LYLO and were town, what would you do to avert your impending lynch?

Hapah:  Why are you scum?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2012, 02:51:41 pm »

Also, Dariush:  Is the mafiakill a straight kill or just a damaging move?  Does the mafia even have a kill in addition to their abilities?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2012, 03:06:33 pm »

Pfp. IO: High damage to single targef. More likely tovkill, less chance of healing.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2012, 03:15:40 pm »

Orangebottle, who here would you most want as a scumbuddy and why? What about masonbuddy? Fellow town?
Well, let's see.

Toaster runs a lot of bastard-y games(Roguelike), and has plenty of mafia experience. I'd have him on my scum/mason team, if it were my choice.

As for town, I'd want someone who stays active. So, Tiruin.

Irony, if you had a damage ability, which you had to use on night one, who here would you use it on and why?

Tiruin: Which champion would you choose from the following list? Soraka, Ashe, or Cho'Gath? Why?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2012, 03:45:10 pm »

Shakerag: It’s Day Three, MYLO, and you’re a cop.  Night One you investigated Player A and received a town result, Night Two you investigated Player B and received a Null result.  Do you claim and give your results?
Generally speaking, I think *YLO is a pretty good time to claim just about anything.

Toaster:  Why are you bussing your scumbuddy?

Orangebottle:  Where have you been and why are you back now?

Hapah:  Do you think you're going to spread out your abilities among different players or focus on one?

zombie urist:  If you could choose to heal 2pts or damage 2pts each night, would you try and attack scum or heal town?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2012, 03:54:01 pm »

Orangebottle:  Where have you been and why are you back now?
I took a break without announcing it and causing drama. I'm back now because I wanted to play mafia again, obviously.
My Sig

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2012, 04:00:15 pm »

zombie urist:
Pfp. IO: High damage to single targef. More likely tovkill, less chance of healing.
What about a single, guaranteed roleblock, or a pair of 60% roleblocks?

Orangebottle:
Toaster runs a lot of bastard-y games(Roguelike), and has plenty of mafia experience. I'd have him on my scum/mason team, if it were my choice.

Does this mean you'd prefer Tiruin as town over Toaster, if you wouldn't be aware of this fact?

Irony, if you had a damage ability, which you had to use on night one, who here would you use it on and why?
Probably Hapah. I have the least faith in him, I think, as I seem to recall him being fairly lurky.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 27, 2012, 04:11:20 pm »

How has your absence from playing affected your view of the game?

I think it's changed my view of the game for the better.
I have a better understanding of how the game works behind the scenes from modding, and I've been keeping up with most of the games running lately. Watching and analyzing ongoing games without playing in them has given me a fresh look at the game, as has modding, so my play will probably have actually improved despite the absence.   
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 27, 2012, 04:47:27 pm »

Orangebottle:

Does this mean you'd prefer Tiruin as town over Toaster
Yes. Experience and GMing mean nothing when nobody else knows he's town.

, if you wouldn't be aware of this fact?
Wat.
My Sig

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 27, 2012, 04:48:36 pm »

zombie urist:
What about a single, guaranteed roleblock, or a pair of 60% roleblocks?
Single guaranteed roleblock, so I don't have to worry about failing actions.
zombie urist:  If you could choose to heal 2pts or damage 2pts each night, would you try and attack scum or heal town?
Attack scum. Killing scum is the only way to win and also healing drags the game.

Hapah: As scum, would you rather heal yourself or attack someoneelse?

NF: Is LoL a fun game?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 27, 2012, 05:56:24 pm »

Orangebottle:
Does this mean you'd prefer Tiruin as town over Toaster
Yes. Experience and GMing mean nothing when nobody else knows he's town.
What makes Tiruin the better choice, then?

, if you wouldn't be aware of this fact?
Wat.
I mean who would you prefer was town, not who you would prefer to know for a fact was town.

ZU: Noted. Unvote.

Phantom, let's say you have two suspects, and everyone else is pretty much on board with them. The first is scummy to the point where you're pretty certain he's scum, the second is similar but you're not entirely positive it's not just noobtells.

The first suspect claims, however, that because of his abilities, anyone who's voting him when he's lynched takes damage; thus, lynching him really isn't a good idea, or at least, is a bad idea right now. What do you make of this, and what do you do?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 27, 2012, 06:24:32 pm »

Toaster: I'm not. Why are YOU scum?

Shake: Target will shift with suspicion. I'm not going to lay into someone just because I did it the day before. I'm not very good at it (TUNNEL TUNNEL CHUNNEL TUNNEL), but I'm trying to work on it.

ZU: Almost always attack. The only exception would be if I was redlining and the heal was about as good as the attack. Or maybe if it was N2 and my scumbuddy had a really good ulti (KARTHUS, PRESS R!)

-----

Toaster: In regards to PotL's question, what if you could have the Cop/Vig roles and only use one of the abilities a night, or have Doc/Roleblocker and use both? Is there a point where utility outweights search and destroy?

Tir: If you had an ability that roleblocked everyone for a night, would you use it? What if it made everyone target themselves instead of their intended target? Why?

UI: Would you rather do 1 damage or heal for 2?

I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2012, 07:28:56 pm »

Shakerag:
Toaster:  Why are you bussing your scumbuddy?

Hapah:  Do you think you're going to spread out your abilities among different players or focus on one?

He isn't my scumbuddy, but if he was, I'd be totally willing to bus him should the need arise.

Why are you rolefishing?

Phantom:  I see.  Good to see more faces in games.

Hapah:  Don't pretend you aren't.

I'd still take the cop/vig.  Roleblocker is hard to use well as town (since you stand a good chance of blocking town), and doc requires good aim.  I'd even take the former pair if the vig was one shot.  I am a fan of utility, but a cop/vig combination is very powerful.

A mafia-theory question has occurred to me, and I think it bears bringing up- when it comes time to mass claim, should we claim our HP totals?  I'm not convinced we should be giving scum more information like that, but on the other hand, openness and transparency is good.  I'd like to get this decided D1 before any mass claims come up, even though it should be 2-3 days before we need one.

I am in favor of claiming them come mass claim. 
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24