Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24

Author Topic: BYOLoLC - Requiem cast'd, everyone dies  (Read 72057 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BYOLoLC [10/10] - Day 1 - They nerfed Irelia!
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2012, 07:32:13 pm »

PFP

Freak thunderstorm knocked out connection to the internet, will catch up now that it's restored...hopefully. (Accursed rainy weather!)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2012, 07:57:58 pm »

Toaster: Regarding the theory point, what if everyone claimed how much they're missing instead of how much they have? We'd still get about the same level of information (someone missing 1 isn't bad off, someone missing 3 or 4 is looking pretty rough), but it doesn't let scum easily square up the numbers to blow everyone away.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2012, 08:08:36 pm »

Don't see a reason to since is very easy to fakeclaim and AFAIK there's no way to check. Don't know if they correlate to in game HP or something though.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2012, 08:31:34 pm »

Orangebottle:
Does this mean you'd prefer Tiruin as town over Toaster
Yes. Experience and GMing mean nothing when nobody else knows he's town.
What makes Tiruin the better choice, then?
I can't remember a time when Tiruin simply lurked. Maybe that's just my memory. Toaster usually has a lot more on his plate, IE Roguelike Mafia  or some other game he's running, and can't spend all of his time on this board working on the games he's playing in. Town needs active players if they want to get anywhere.

A mafia-theory question has occurred to me, and I think it bears bringing up- when it comes time to mass claim, should we claim our HP totals?  I'm not convinced we should be giving scum more information like that, but on the other hand, openness and transparency is good.  I'd like to get this decided D1 before any mass claims come up, even though it should be 2-3 days before we need one.

I am in favor of claiming them come mass claim. 
Toaster:That information's far too useful to the scum, to let them know who to target for kills. We shouldn't give scum the ability to know who will die when targeted and who won't just for the sake of transparency.

Hapah
Toaster: Regarding the theory point, what if everyone claimed how much they're missing instead of how much they have? We'd still get about the same level of information (someone missing 1 isn't bad off, someone missing 3 or 4 is looking pretty rough), but it doesn't let scum easily square up the numbers to blow everyone away.
Except, that's just as helpful to the scum. Your counter-theory has changed very little.

Toaster, Hapah: Are there any good reasons to ever claim this information?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2012, 08:47:48 pm »

Well, if we have exact numbers, we can use this to try and catch fake claims by tracking HP loss/gain/protection/whatever and seeing if things match up.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 27, 2012, 08:53:44 pm »

That's very prone to error. Furthermore, I still can't see why anyone would bother to fakeclaim HP.

Toaster

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 27, 2012, 09:00:42 pm »

That's a reasonless vote if I've ever seen one.  Are you voting me because I think we should claim HP at mass claim?  It's not like I'm demanding it- I'm seeking a consensus before a massclaim happens, so we don't split then with half going one way and half the other.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 27, 2012, 09:02:47 pm »

I'm voting you cuz you're scuuuum.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 27, 2012, 09:16:16 pm »

Native, would you rather have a damage dealing, roleblocking, or shielding move?

Roleblocking move. It's more likely to be useful than a straight damage dealing move.

Native:  You're playing Ranked, and picking first on your team.   Other side bans Morde.  Do you

A)  Flame whoever banned him
B)  Ragequit
C)  AFK in protest
D)  All of the above

Also, if you were about to hang in LYLO and were town, what would you do to avert your impending lynch?

A, clearly.

I would improve my hunting tactics and try to nail scum and build a case that causes everyone to vote for them and not me.

NF: Is LoL a fun game?

Fun is relative, but I enjoy LoL.

Pretty busy day today. I'll get a more proper post up (hopefully) by tomorrow after 11:45pm (PST).
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 28, 2012, 12:13:37 am »

((Still in PFP) -- unable to reply in a few more hours until I get this connection [fully] stabilized! It's coming on and off, currently))

Tiruin: Which champion would you choose from the following list? Soraka, Ashe, or Cho'Gath? Why?
* Tiruin hits up the wiki...

Well, from the names, I'd choose Ashe because of the verbal pronunciation and the lore behind the character, also because I like ranged characters.

But in terms of Mafia, I guess...

Soraka - Perhaps a Doctor//Healer type
Ashe - Watcher-type//Perhaps a roleblock on ultimate and...delay?
Cho'Gath - Fighter class, spells are based on attack and crippling the enemy

So...I guess I'd pick Ashe due to her (most probable) watcher ability to try to see who does what, and connect them later if claims are made.

Orangebottle: Why question on the roles?

Tir: If you had an ability that roleblocked everyone for a night, would you use it? What if it made everyone target themselves instead of their intended target? Why?

There are too many variables in which I would use an ability, but generally if it benefits my condition. On the first question, I'd withhold it's use until late on in the game, depending on the situation given and if I could discern the abilities others had. On the second, I'd use it, preferably in LYLO as it would better affect the scum NK, including any other auxiliary actions done by them due to (perhaps) how the abilities were structured in complementing each other.

Hapah:
Hapah:  Why are you scum?
Toaster: I'm not. Why are YOU scum?
What do you hope to gain by rounding Toaster's question back to the Toaster?

Tiruin:  D1 Miller claims, good thing or bad?
I'm not that knowledgeable with Millers and their claims, but claiming a miller D1 seems mostly satisfactory -- good, due to clarifying part of the confusion regarding the role in question.

Though if you speak about LoL, I have no idea how that would work and if Dariush based the idea on the hero.

ZU:
That's very prone to error. Furthermore, I still can't see why anyone would bother to fakeclaim HP.

Toaster
I'm voting you cuz you're scuuuum.
Wut.

No pressure on your vote?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 28, 2012, 04:31:36 am »

Also, Dariush:  Is the mafiakill a straight kill or just a damaging move?  Does the mafia even have a kill in addition to their abilities?
There's no mafiakill.

Votecount:
NativeForeigner - ;
Toaster - zombie urist, Shakerag, ;
Hapah - Toaster, ;
Orangebottle - Tiruin, ;
IronyOwl - ;
Tiruin - Phantom of the Library, Orangebottle, ;
Shakerag - ;
Phantom of the Library - IronyOwl, ;
Urist Imiknorris - Hapah, ;
zombie urist - ;

Not voting: NativeForeigner, Urist Imiknorris, ;

Also, I forgot to mention: the day ends Wednesday, 5 PM GMT. You need five votes for an extension for 48 hours.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 28, 2012, 07:55:25 am »

Irony:
Imiknorris, do you think town and scum's roles will be roughly balanced?
I seem to recall webadict posting something about role creation hassles for this, so yes.

Hapah:
UI: Would you rather do 1 damage or heal for 2?
Heal for 2. Bigger numbers = more fun.

Shakerag: Which would you rather have: more damage or more HP?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 28, 2012, 09:43:21 am »

Also, Dariush:  Is the mafiakill a straight kill or just a damaging move?  Does the mafia even have a kill in addition to their abilities?
There's no mafiakill.

That's good to know.

Native:  Fair enough.

Unvote Hapah.  Didn't get anything with that (didn't expect to,) but I did find real scum.

Orangebottle.

A mafia-theory question has occurred to me, and I think it bears bringing up- when it comes time to mass claim, should we claim our HP totals?  I'm not convinced we should be giving scum more information like that, but on the other hand, openness and transparency is good.  I'd like to get this decided D1 before any mass claims come up, even though it should be 2-3 days before we need one.

I am in favor of claiming them come mass claim. 
Toaster:That information's far too useful to the scum, to let them know who to target for kills. We shouldn't give scum the ability to know who will die when targeted and who won't just for the sake of transparency.

OB, you tipped your hand here.  Before Dariush said so, you knew that the mafia didn't have a pure mafiakill.  How?  Because you here pointed out that the HP totals would allow the mafia to target their killing better, before it had been made public.  You knew too much too soon about the mafia, and the only logical conclusion is that you knew that because you are mafia.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 28, 2012, 09:58:09 am »

Orange: It's a new mechanic; trying to build consensus now on how to treat it is the right move. I had an idea that I thought would decrease the risk with no real downside, so I suggested it.

ZU: See above.

Tir: Thanks for the answer. Regarding Toaster's "question", I think calling it a question might be a bit generous. I thought it was a joke until he followed up, and now I don't quite know what to think.

UI: Alright. What about doing 1 damage, or doing 2 damage and hurting yourself for 1?

Shake: Would you claim if you were about to get lynched D2 if you felt you had a really powerful ulti?

PPE:

Toaster: But wouldn't that be true even if there was a scumkill? Knowing HP totals would let scum line up kills better whether or not they had a "real" scumkill.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 28, 2012, 10:04:07 am »

Huh? That makes no sense. Pfp.

5 PM GMT = 10 AM PST
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24