Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Memorial Slab Sayings.  (Read 6120 times)

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Re: Memorial Slab Sayings.
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 11:03:55 am »

This is a well-crafted  slate memorial to a wagon
The slab reads *in memory of a wagon / Scuttled in the year 80*
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 12:04:39 pm »

That dwarf sure deserved a lot of prase.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Maxmurder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 12:30:54 pm »

Well i guess we chalk this up as another shale pun thread!
The Sponge has become enraged!
Without a nervous system...
The only thing they can feel...
IS ANGER.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 01:38:26 pm »

Being the noob here I must ask, how does one read things like engravings and slabs? I've gotten Dacite at this game but am still learning the ropes as of Slately; like how all my efforts against sieges are Rutile and I never can seem to jet any type of iron ore.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

toomanysecrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Jackpot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 02:25:06 pm »

Just use "k" to look, press enter andesite you want to look at will be shown.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2012, 05:01:42 pm »

*sigh*  ::)

Ok guys. Although your puns are very gneiss, everyone please put on their chert before this gets out of hand.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 05:07:41 pm »

The puns were kind of funny at first, but I'd rather discuss the topic... talc about a derail.  :-\

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 05:56:01 pm »

Oh gawd no NOT AGAIN THE PUNNNZZZ

Buttery_Mess cancels peruse the forums; gone insane.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 06:08:16 pm »

Being the noob here I must ask, how does one read things like engravings and slabs? I've gotten Dacite at this game but am still learning the ropes as of Slately; like how all my efforts against sieges are Rutile and I never can seem to jet any type of iron ore.

When placing a slab (ALT+S) press X to select a specific slab, if you have engraved slabs in storage you should see "X named guy's slab", selecting it with V will bring up the item screen and description.

Using the K marker just shows the material name + slab.
Q tells you to whom it was engraved when placed, but nothing else.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 06:48:53 pm »

When placing a slab (ALT+S) press X to select a specific slab, if you have engraved slabs in storage you should see "X named guy's slab", selecting it with V will bring up the item screen and description.

Using the K marker just shows the material name + slab.
Q tells you to whom it was engraved when placed, but nothing else.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I legitimately didn't know that.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

GenJeFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2012, 07:17:00 pm »

You can read the memorial of any slab including placed slabs.

Just go into the stock pile, go to the slabs, and hit x to bring up individual slabs. Then you can select and read them.

That is how I found that one memorial with the gneiss saying about being united with schist.

Mistercheif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 07:49:50 pm »

You can read the memorial of any slab including placed slabs.

Just go into the stock pile, go to the slabs, and hit x to bring up individual slabs. Then you can select and read them.

That is how I found that one memorial with the gneiss saying about being united with schist.

I kaolinite believe you're starting this schist up again.  Can't we just talc this through like the sane, well adjusted people we are?  :P

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2012, 08:03:39 pm »

Was the geology injoke a reference to how easily schist breaks apart? As is, it's kind of like a mathematician being united with division in death.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2012, 10:24:36 pm »

Marble we should Calcite the puns off and Jet back to Mica-ing conversations about Schist on memorial slabs.

Bauxite want to keep Mica-ing puns. Granite, it gets Borax after a while, but no one can resist puns.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2012, 01:34:58 pm »

Personally, I'm adamantine ever shall do this again.  But will there be a time when it's slade to rest?[/finished]
Pages: 1 [2] 3