Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Reach the End - Turn 15  (Read 15480 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - An Arena Style RTD
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2012, 02:39:50 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mcclay goes out and buys a six shooter, a metal plate and a painkiller. If possible he also signs up for a solo match.

(kind forgot about this  :-[ sorry.)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 12:40:43 pm by mcclay »
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2012, 02:49:19 pm »

Turn 2

Jonny puts himself forward for the arena. Once he's done that, he checks around for information if he can.

You try and look for more information | and you find someone willing to tell you something.  It's not information though.

"Well, I suppose I could teach you some things, so you can get a little prepared for the upcoming matches.  Just tell me something you want to learn, and I can probably teach you, if it's not forbidden by the rules.  Name's Drake Cully, by the way," Drake is incredibly human looking, except for his pitch black eyes. | You notice something about the people around you, but you instantly forget it.

"Uh..." Krokus stared at the way ahead for a moment, not quite comprehending.
'I thought this was an arena? Fighting things and such?' Eventually he shook his head and, gripping his machete, headed down the right path. He had expected this dream to get to the violent bit a little sooner,  but oh well.

>Take the Right path!

|  You go down the right path, following several twists and turns, but soon a clearing has come upon you.  You sprint towards it, thinking you have reached the finish.  You run through and... you are back precisely where you started.  Grumbling, you start along the right path again.  | You come to a clearing, and in the middle is a single sleeping tiger.  Behind the tiger, there are three paths, one to the left, right, and straight ahead.  You don't think you've made much progress to the middle....

Congratulate Deltorran on his win, and ask him if he can show me a few tricks, or give me some pointers, on how to get stronger. I'm pretty envious!

Mmkay. I hate waiting. Brr.

But, I guess that the reward is worth it, in the end...

Uh...Does that mean...More mini-turns?

I'd love to have my character train a bit, for the upcoming fights. Use ten of the slingshot bullets as aiming practice?

You congratulate Deltorran, and ask for tips, but he brushes you off, saying, "Like I said, come back after you've won 2 matches."

Seeing as how you aren't getting any tips anytime soon, you go and practice your ranged skills.  |  You hit the targets fairly well, and your proficiency improves.

Gained +1 to Ranged Weapons

Sorry, I was just still trying to figure out what items to get. Does that "one other" item include weapons?

If so, I think a slingshot, machete, and metal plate will be my starting set.

Then... find random participant to talk to. Inform them I am very squishy but don't want to die, what do?

|  You find several people, but most of them simply tell you to not be stupid.  However this one guy offers to teach you some Close Quarters Combat techniques for your machete.  His name is Jag'Ell.

Mcclay goes out and buys a six shooter, a metal plate and a painkiller. If possible he also signs up for a solo match.

(kind forgot about this  :-[ sorry.)

You do all of those things without incident.

Spoiler: Caerwyn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maxinum McDreich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mcclay (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 03:50:20 pm by Baradine »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2012, 03:05:54 pm »

Yay.

Are there different types of arenas? Certain ones based on urban warfare, or in a pseudo-jungle, or in a military complex...etc, etc?

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2012, 03:14:17 pm »

Yay.

Are there different types of arenas? Certain ones based on urban warfare, or in a pseudo-jungle, or in a military complex...etc, etc?

Yes.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2012, 03:35:34 pm »

''Hummmm...'' Jonny mused to himself. ''It's difficult to quantify what I want to know, since I'm still a little... dazed about this whole thing. I mean, in my species, I barely stand out. But I guess, if you have survival tips, or training that's useful, I'd like to have a go at that. I think surviving's probably more important right now, right?'' Jonny said. ''Oh, and thanks!'' He added, a little bashfully, haven forgotten his manners.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2012, 03:40:28 pm »

Mcclay heads to the arean entrance and chills out for a while.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2012, 03:42:45 pm »

When can we fight in the arena?

For now, as one of those mini-turn things: Belnor will gather loose, worthless objects that're lying around, and try to fashion weapons/gear/items out of them. Or, at the very least, boost up his crafting skill.

Great to see you back, McClay!

Oh. And, as a final question; - Any way to specify what sort of arena I'd like to fight in/what opponents/shoodiggy howawoo?

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - Turn 2
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2012, 03:50:07 pm »

''Hummmm...'' Jonny mused to himself. ''It's difficult to quantify what I want to know, since I'm still a little... dazed about this whole thing. I mean, in my species, I barely stand out. But I guess, if you have survival tips, or training that's useful, I'd like to have a go at that. I think surviving's probably more important right now, right?'' Jonny said. ''Oh, and thanks!'' He added, a little bashfully, haven forgotten his manners.

"Hmm... well, the best way to survive in the arena is something I can't teach you yet.  The next best thing of course, is being able to dodge.  So how 'bout this?  I attack, you try not to get hit.  Don't worry, I won't injure you or anything, I'll just attack with my fists.  Also, no trying to attack me back.  Sound good?"

When can we fight in the arena?

For now, as one of those mini-turn things: Belnor will gather loose, worthless objects that're lying around, and try to fashion weapons/gear/items out of them. Or, at the very least, boost up his crafting skill.

Great to see you back, McClay!

Oh. And, as a final question; - Any way to specify what sort of arena I'd like to fight in/what opponents/shoodiggy howawoo?

To answer your fist question, once Krokus (Yoink) gets out of the arena.  But don't fret about people only going one at a time!  You'll see the solution soon.

For your mini turn, please specify what you want to build.

And lastly, no.  It's mostly randomized (picked with great cruelty by me).

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2012, 04:02:57 pm »

Hm, alright. Well, I don't know what to build. Can't I just grab some random junk, and toss it together? Maybe I'll make something cool. I mean, I don't think that I'm going to find the necessary materials to create a weapon or ammunition, nor the medical supplies for drugs/etc.

I guess that I'll try and build a random mod for my slingshot, or mod it to be able to shoot at a longer range.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2012, 04:30:20 pm »

Jonny smiles, reasonable confident in his abilities already. ''Alright, deal!'' He readies himself to dodge duck dive dip and dodge!

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2012, 04:46:50 pm »

Hm, alright. Well, I don't know what to build. Can't I just grab some random junk, and toss it together? Maybe I'll make something cool. I mean, I don't think that I'm going to find the necessary materials to create a weapon or ammunition, nor the medical supplies for drugs/etc.

I guess that I'll try and build a random mod for my slingshot, or mod it to be able to shoot at a longer range.

I'll let it go this time, but try to be specific, like "Try to reinforce my slingshot with pieces of metal to improve tension, and therefore damage" Or "Find longer rubber rope to increase range".

[6] You find a lot of random junk materials in the garbage.  You store quite a bit of it in your room, so you won't have to go dumpster diving anytime soon, which is a good thing, since people are avoiding you like the dumpster plague. (-1 to any social roll until you take a shower)

[5] You upgrade your system to be a little more... advanced.  You use the pieces of metal, batteries, and wires you found to create an electromagnetic system on your slingshot that works something like an electric rail.  You are able to build a slot in the handle of slingshot to house your batteries, and connect the wires to the batteries, one negative and one positive, and wrap it along the lower part of each little appendage on the Y.  You then are able to magnetically charge two pieces of metal of opposite charges and place them on the Y's.  However, you mix up which piece of metal goes to each appendage, and the metal pieces begin to float between the Y, attracted to the other appendage, but also repulsed by the other piece of metal.  You try shooting your bullet through it, and the bullet speeds up to an incredible margin... before it just barely lolls out of the magnetic pull.  You spend a few minutes pondering the solution, before you come to an answer.  You attach a motion sensor, the only one you found, to your slingshot, and hook it up to your magnets.  You program the motion sensor to work like this:  When you shoot the bullet, and touches the motion sensor's laser, which positioned slightly in front of the pieces of metal, it reverses the polarity of the electromagnetic system applying itself to the Y's appendages, for ~.5 seconds.  However, this is quite enough time.  The bullet, which has been partially magnetically to have a - and + side by a complex magnet within the holding system, will suddenly be repulsed by metal which is oppositely charged to each of it's sides.  The magnetic charges in the bullet will have not time to right itself to being attracted  by the magnetic fields before it reaches the pieces of metal, like it does before.  That is because it shoots out and a speed slightly faster than twice the speed of sound.  The bullet you shoot annihilates the head of the training dummy and slams into the wall.  Or it least, it would have, if the wall hadn't blasted out some weird energy and destroyed the bullet.  Weird.

You have upgraded your slingshot to ridiculous levels.  It gains +1 to damage, and only has a -1 one on long range.

I realize this is pretty science fiction-like.  I also won't be doing it again, because now each change will have to be thought up by the modder, and individually rolled for.  This is the only freebee. 

Jonny smiles, reasonable confident in his abilities already. ''Alright, deal!'' He readies himself to dodge duck dive dip and dodge!

You start trying to dodge around, but you can barely evade his attacks.  He is extremely fast.  [4+1] However, he knows what he is doing, and you improve by leaps and bounds!

You gain +3 to dodging.  Drake conditions your body so well, your Dex increases by 1!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 04:49:09 pm by Baradine »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2012, 04:52:04 pm »

W...Wow...

That was...Amazing. That was really damn amazing. Alright, I'll try to work out the modding myself, but...I'm not a smart person. I mean, I'm good with literature and history, and sometimes simple science, but...Everything else is a no-no. Thanks for the free one though.

That's pretty fucking amazing. Wow. Shit. I wish that I could sig that...

Can I also Take a shower, and practice my charming skills in-front of a mirror?

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2012, 05:19:30 pm »

''Phwah!'' Jonny pants a little from the workout. It was great stuff, certainly managed to put him through the paces even beyond military training. ''Th-thanks very much, Mr. Cully.'' Jonny said, appreciatively. ''I hope I can return the favour sometime.'' Jonny stopped for a second. Social norms where he grew up dictated a hand shake. But he had no idea what Drake's species would think of such a thing. ''I hope we can do this again sometime, maybe as sparring partners?'' He offered the option.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2012, 05:41:42 pm »

W...Wow...

That was...Amazing. That was really damn amazing. Alright, I'll try to work out the modding myself, but...I'm not a smart person. I mean, I'm good with literature and history, and sometimes simple science, but...Everything else is a no-no. Thanks for the free one though.

That's pretty fucking amazing. Wow. Shit. I wish that I could sig that...

Can I also Take a shower, and practice my charming skills in-front of a mirror?

((No level up for crafting because you were basically in a fey mood.  Or something like that.  You didn't actually gain the experience through doing it))

You go to your room and shower.  |  There is no mirror, but you manage to make some silly faces in the reflection of the water.

You gain the speech skill!  You gain +2 to speech.

''Phwah!'' Jonny pants a little from the workout. It was great stuff, certainly managed to put him through the paces even beyond military training. ''Th-thanks very much, Mr. Cully.'' Jonny said, appreciatively. ''I hope I can return the favour sometime.'' Jonny stopped for a second. Social norms where he grew up dictated a hand shake. But he had no idea what Drake's species would think of such a thing. ''I hope we can do this again sometime, maybe as sparring partners?'' He offered the option.

|  "Hmm... tell you what.  If you manage to get past round two of the tournament, I'll teach you some more.  If you manage to get past round five, I'll take you on as my apprentice.  You may not of heard, but I'm kind of big deal!"  You stay completely silent, while he grins at you.

He loses his grin and coughs.

"W-well, all joking aside, I have completed 23 rounds, so that counts for something, right?"

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2012, 06:11:26 pm »

I like these good rolls. First time for everything, I guess.

Hey, a question: Are there any hidden stats? A la luck or something?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14