Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Reach the End - Turn 15  (Read 15475 times)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - Turn 3
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2012, 09:32:05 pm »

Join any group challenges or single challenges that are going on.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 06:30:43 pm by Caerwyn »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2012, 09:35:09 pm »

Volunteer for a challenge.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Fireiy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2012, 04:58:44 am »

I don't feel like anyone will die anytime soon and this RP seems really interesting.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2012, 06:07:06 pm »

Mcclay also voulnteers for a group challenge.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2012, 06:33:04 pm »

Jonny stands up, putting himself forward for his first arena challenge, solo or grouped. He remains pretty closer to McClay, simply because he looked the most human.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - Turn 4
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2012, 06:56:53 pm »

Turn 4

"Yaaargh!"

>Finish it off, quickly, preferably before it can take a swipe at me.

'That is one real-looking tiger,' some voice in the back of Krokus' mind was saying, 'This is one of those really lifelike, real seeming dreams, I guess.'

| You try to attack the tiger, but you miss, giving it a chance to take a swipe at you! | You dodge, but barely.  There are some scratches on your face, and you can feel the pain coursing through.  Perhaps this isn't a dream at all....

Join any group challenges or single challenges that are going on.
Volunteer for a challenge.
Mcclay also voulnteers for a group challenge.
Jonny stands up, putting himself forward for his first arena challenge, solo or grouped. He remains pretty closer to McClay, simply because he looked the most human.

You all happen to put your name up for the same group challenge, and you are quickly ushered through the doors.

You seem to be standing in a paste white corridor, and before you can react, a voice booms out, "Welcome to the Ceclasian Tournament.  Today we have some fresh meat that decided to group up.  Our challenge for these young folks will be 'Retrieval'.  They will be trying to find a small item that looks like this," A picture of a small, red toy truck appears in front of you, "These folks will be facing off against one other person.  A bit unfair you would say, but I have it on good confidence that this man has a bit of... skill."

You look around the corridor, and behind you is nothing but a wall, and you cannot see the end of the hall in front of you.

Enemy NPC's

Tiger:  It growls at Krokus, and tries to bite him! | It latches firmly onto his right calf!  |  However, it goes through a coughing fit, and spits out what seems to be part of it's lung (It's injury has progressed, and will die in ~2-3 turns).  It lets go of Krokus's leg through this.

Quickly Hemorrhaging Left Lung:  Extreme breathing difficulty(-1 to all rolls), Will die in 2 turns or more.

Spoiler: Caerwyn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maxinum McDreich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mcclay (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 06:26:04 pm by Baradine »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2012, 07:37:03 pm »

Since I'm more reliant on close-range attacks, stand a bit in-front of  Jonny, and launching a barrage of attacks when the enemy comes. If that doesn't count quite as a turn, practice Secret Skill #1: Slingshot Barrage

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 12:13:27 pm by Caerwyn »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2012, 08:42:54 pm »

Mcclay aims his pistol down the hall and points it at any movement while also looking for the side arm.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 25, 2012, 08:51:41 pm »

"Yargh!!" The pain was certainly very real. Krokus was beginning to doubt whether he was dreaming at all; but all such questions were pushed aside as he focused on surviving this encounter. Keeping his eyes on the wounded cat and his machete ready to strike at it, he retreated, gritting his teeth against the pain in his injured leg. He was glad it didn't seem to have severed anything vital...
Focused as he was on survival, Krokus didn't have time for sympathy. Still, the sight of the magnificient creature so gravely injured was somewhat saddening; this wasn't a very good dream so far at all.

>Go on the defensive, retreating a bit from the cat to make it come to me! If it approaches I will try to fend it off with my machete, keeping it at bay for now. It probably doesn't have long to live. If there is an obvious opening, try and finish it off with my machete.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 25, 2012, 09:17:55 pm »

Actually, I was thinking...How about we all post-pone trying to find the item, and just assault the one enemy together? Then, we can freely search for the item.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2012, 11:23:57 am »

Jonny takes up position with his rifle to cover anyone's advance.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2012, 04:57:47 pm »

Head down hall, examine surroundings.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - Turn 5
« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2012, 06:04:55 pm »

Turn 5

"Yargh!!" The pain was certainly very real. Krokus was beginning to doubt whether he was dreaming at all; but all such questions were pushed aside as he focused on surviving this encounter. Keeping his eyes on the wounded cat and his machete ready to strike at it, he retreated, gritting his teeth against the pain in his injured leg. He was glad it didn't seem to have severed anything vital...
Focused as he was on survival, Krokus didn't have time for sympathy. Still, the sight of the magnificient creature so gravely injured was somewhat saddening; this wasn't a very good dream so far at all.

>Go on the defensive, retreating a bit from the cat to make it come to me! If it approaches I will try to fend it off with my machete, keeping it at bay for now. It probably doesn't have long to live. If there is an obvious opening, try and finish it off with my machete.

You retreat around three meters away from the Tiger, keeping your machete ready.  You look at the creature in slight pity for a while, but you quickly forget your remorse when the Tiger attacks!   |  It attacks you with incredible ferocity, but you are ready for it.  || You counter the beast with a great flourish, cutting it's left front leg off.  It rolls to a stop and doesn't move.  It isn't dead, but you expect it will be soon.  Your leg is rapidly being dyed red.  You better bandage your wounds soon, lest you bleed out.

Since I'm more reliant on close-range attacks, stand a bit in-front of  Jonny, and launching a barrage of attacks when the enemy comes. If that doesn't count quite as a turn, practice Secret Skill #1: Slingshot Barrage

Mcclay aims his pistol down the hall and points it at any movement while also looking for the side arm.
Jonny takes up position with his rifle to cover anyone's advance.
Head down hall, examine surroundings.
[2] None of you get very far, as in front of you appears what you guess is your opponent.  It is, in the most basic terms, a man with tentacles for arms.  He also has tentacles coming out of where his ears should be, but that is of no consequence.  The second he sees you, he mumbles something to himself.

Caerwyn: [5]
mcclay: [3]
Maxinum McDreich: [2]
IronyOwl: [1] 

Cearwyn is the only one to hear him say, "Shit, newbies?  That means I can't use my Prohyfi...."

mcclay just hears, "....newbies? .......means..... can't......"

((Just as a reminder, don't use metagame knowledge.  Cearwyn is the only one that heard him say anything substantial.))

With three of you ready to attack, you strike.

Cearwyn:  [1] You somehow manage to shoot yourself in the left foot. [5+1] The shot renders your foot into a barely recognizable chunk of meat (-1 to all movement rolls) [2] You instantly pass out from the pain.

mcclay: [4] You shoot him, but your aim is off, and you shoot at his leg.  [6-2=4][3] He moves sideways at an incredible speed, and manages to only get grazed in the leg.

Maxinum McDreich: [5-1 (it's close range)=4] You also shoot at a non lethal body part, his arm. [2-2][5] Your bullet rips through his arm like it's butter as the man fails to react.

Irony Owl: [2] You are caught flat footed, and fail to react.  ((You can still do an action next round, but you don't get to attack him this round.))

Enemy NPC's

Tiger: It looks at you with piercing eyes.  It doesn't seem to move, like it's waiting for death.

Quickly Hemorrhaging Left Lung:  Extreme breathing difficulty(-1 to all rolls), Will die in 2 turns or more.

Severed Left Front Leg: Advanced Movement is now impossible for this creature.

Tentacle Man: He snarls with fury and yells, "Damn the rules, I'm not going to get killed by some kids!"

[5] He slams mcclay into a wall with an invisible force! [3][2] the slamming merely dazes him though.  (A 1/3 chance to have -1 to a roll for two turns)

He appears in front of Jonny and punches at him with a speed that he couldn't possibly hope to dodge.  [5] He slams his fist into Jonny's face [2] but he manages to roll with the punch, and it does negligible damage.  He is still sent flying, but he lands on the ground rather softly.

Useless Left Arm:  Any rolls with the left arm auto fail.

Spoiler: Caerwyn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maxinum McDreich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mcclay (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 06:26:39 pm by Baradine »

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2012, 06:12:33 pm »

''HOLY FRICK!'' That was all Jonny had time to say before the punch came. So much for the dodging training, that was insanely fast. After quickly recovering:

Jonny shoots to put the man down. However, if the others attack him well enough, Jonny will retreat to a medium range to take full advantage of his weapon, then shoot.
(The character sheet for Jonny is not updated with his extra 3 dodge and extra Dexterity. No idea about the others, thought I'd let you know just in case.)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2012, 06:23:27 pm »

''HOLY FRICK!'' That was all Jonny had time to say before the punch came. So much for the dodging training, that was insanely fast. After quickly recovering:

Jonny shoots to put the man down. However, if the others attack him well enough, Jonny will retreat to a medium range to take full advantage of his weapon, then shoot.
(The character sheet for Jonny is not updated with his extra 3 dodge and extra Dexterity. No idea about the others, thought I'd let you know just in case.)

You are correct.  But in this case, it wouldn't matter.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14