Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Reach the End - Turn 15  (Read 15459 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - An Arena Style RTD
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2012, 01:00:45 pm »

"Hah! None yet!" Krokus's weathered face split in a grin. "I just got here. The name's Krokus del Gatoro."
He extended a hand towards the strange man.
Any... Advice for a newcomer? What do they put us up against, exactly? I'm waitin' on my first match, now. Hopefully th' first of many, eh?"
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2012, 01:14:44 pm »

"Hah! None yet!" Krokus's weathered face split in a grin. "I just got here. The name's Krokus del Gatoro."
He extended a hand towards the strange man.
Any... Advice for a newcomer? What do they put us up against, exactly? I'm waitin' on my first match, now. Hopefully th' first of many, eh?"

He shakes your hand, but his grin falls a bit.

"Unfortunately, it's against the rules to tell you what the matches could be.  At least, it's against the rules to tell a newcomer.  Tell you what:  You beat your first match, come to me, and I'll tell you everything I know."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2012, 01:25:40 pm »

"Makes sense, I guess. I will do." Krokus nodded.
Inwardly part of him was still wondering just how long til he woke up, but in truth he was rather enjoying this dream so far. Fighting whatever was on offer in this place would no-doubt make a welcome change from his day-to-day life.
>Wait for the match.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2012, 02:10:20 pm »

Name: Jonny
Sex: Male
Physical Description: Young and fit, has a certain charm to him, but otherwise, looks ordinary.
Personality: An average man in an average life. He worked at his job well, though he always got out in his freetime airsofting. He'd done quite a bit of training for the army, but never actually joined.

Attributes:
Str: 10 (15)
End: 10 (14)
Dex: 17 (18)
Cha: 22 (25)
Will: 21 (25)
Int: 35 (40)

Skills:
Kinetic Firearms: 10
Dodging: 10

Assuming this is fine:
Jonny looked around, a little bewildered. His mind... somehow... was slowly accepting what was going on. He decided to head to the armoury. He eventually settled on the .22 rifle, the metal plate armour and was left undecided on a third. He considered extra ammo for his rifle, but had in mind to take the smoke grenade if the ammo was a no-go.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2012, 02:14:09 pm »

The extra ammo is fine.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2012, 02:38:38 pm »

I'd like to change my one skill from Dodging to Craftsmanship. Is that acceptable? I also fixed the stats, took the extra point off. (Sorry about that! Was too lazy to open the calculator).

Touched up my stats a tiny bit, just shifted a few points over.

Has everyone posted their turn?

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2012, 02:50:38 pm »

Everyone but Irony Owl and mcclay.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 03:35:05 pm by Baradine »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2012, 02:58:34 pm »

Right, that's cool. So, do I have an affirmative on switching my skill?

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2012, 02:59:22 pm »

Oh yeah, sure.  This is the last time, though.  After turn 1, no more changing.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2012, 03:04:37 pm »

Thanks! Good to know, everything is 100% OK now.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - An Arena Style RTD - Turn 1
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2012, 03:47:41 pm »

Turn 1

Since Irony Owl and mcclay are taking their sweet time, and since they can't do anything other than something that can be done on an individual roll, we shall begin.

"Makes sense, I guess. I will do." Krokus nodded.
Inwardly part of him was still wondering just how long til he woke up, but in truth he was rather enjoying this dream so far. Fighting whatever was on offer in this place would no-doubt make a welcome change from his day-to-day life.
>Wait for the match.

The other match is finished, and you enter the arena.  All you can see in front of you is a large wall, that has two paths, one two the right, and one to the left.  The wall seems to be around 20 feet high, and made of Marble.

Suddenly, a large voice, coming over some type of loudspeaker, booms out, "Hello, and Welcome to the Ceclasian Tournament!  We have something special for you folks today!  It's a maze, and our brave contestant, Krokus del Gatoro, is going to try and find the treasure that lurks in the middle, and then get back out again.  What awaits him?  Battles of daring, or challenges of wit?  Even I do not know...."

Get to the center, grab the stuff and get out.  That is your objective.  How will you begin?

Belnor will also head to the arena. He'll get a free Slingshot, and if he can, instead of a free armor, try to get a mod to boost my slingshot's power (There ARE mods...Right?). If not, just get the armor. And if I can, a super-duper awesome free Tier 1 scope for my slingshot, as my item. If that's not available, then grab a Painkiller. Then, head off to sign up for a match!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You buy your slingshot, armor and painkillers, and then go up to the guard to sign up.

He says, "Right then.  You're going to go right after this Krokus fellow finishes.  Or dies.  Doesn't really matter,"

Jonny looked around, a little bewildered. His mind... somehow... was slowly accepting what was going on. He decided to head to the armoury. He eventually settled on the .22 rifle, the metal plate armour and was left undecided on a third. He considered extra ammo for his rifle, but had in mind to take the smoke grenade if the ammo was a no-go.

You buy your junk.

mcclay and Sera just stand around

Spoiler: Caerwyn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maxinum McDreich (click to show/hide)

mcclay has not yet posted his sheet.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2012, 04:09:23 pm »

Belnor will go up, and wish Krokus good luck in the arena. The Gods know that we'll eventually all need such good tidings...En route of that objective, Belnor will try and bargain with other contestants or whoever else is around, trying to earn some credits.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2012, 04:23:54 pm »

Belnor will go up, and wish Krokus good luck in the arena. The Gods know that we'll eventually all need such good tidings...En route of that objective, Belnor will try and bargain with other contestants or whoever else is around, trying to earn some credits.

Well, Krokus is already in the arena, so... no.  Also | you get absolutely nothing.  They seem to disregard you as a beggar.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2012, 04:33:04 pm »

Ah...Uh, I don't mean to trouble you, but I can never see the rolls when they're like that. I tried it on Chrome and Firefox...My best guess is that it's a darn Ubuntu thing.

So, was that just a mini-thing, and do I wait until Krokus is finished, or do another turn? Or...Uh...I'm confused. Sorry, I'm new to this.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2012, 04:38:13 pm »

Well this is generally how it's going to work.  If someone posts an action, and I decide it's not a turn action, then I'll just do some individual replies.  If someone posts a turn action (Like going into the arena), I then wait until everyone has posted, and then post the turn.

And since you can't see it, I suppose I can do a visible roll.  You got a 2, by the way.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14