Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Reach the End - Turn 15  (Read 15456 times)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - An Arena Style RTD
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 07:26:25 pm »

I edited my stats, gave a few more points to intelligence.

So, by my reckoning...

Intelligence <10 = Dead, Intelligence <25 = Mentally challenged, etc, etc.
Strength <10 = Dead, Strength <25 = Spindly, can't-lift-ten-pounds hobo?

No, not really.  10 is the average human male.  Remember that these stats are relevant to every other being in the universe.  That's why all the stats are spread apart (10 for Str, 35 for Int).  At 10 you can lift ~180 pds.  At 15 you can lift approximately 1200.  For intelligence,  I actually put your base at Peak level human genius intelligence.  The average intelligence for a human is actually 28 or so.

Huh. Seems really confusing, but...Alright.

Now, one more question. HOW important are the stats?

Is high Endurance required to stay alive? Would <15 endurance give the player just a sliver of health? Or is <15 god-tier?

Damn...

Also. Skills changed. Both rely on Intelligence now, since intelligence is THE MASTER RACE SKILL. (And due to the fact that the limits on Dexterity/etc is ridiculously slow.)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 07:30:53 pm by Caerwyn »

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2012, 07:30:02 pm »

Technically, I would call God Tier in this game ~60-70.  (I'm talking about god like power, not truly an omnipotent God or anything, although, there kind of is one in this game)

Still, Having that high of endurance will get you past quite a bit, till about round 5. 

Just remember that this game is more based on smart decision making than your stats or anything.  It wouldn't matter if all your stats were at their maxes, you would die if you were being an idiot.

EDIT: Fixed it up. Slappin' Together relies on Intelligence, while Low-Tech Weaponry relies on INTELLIGENCE, BECAUSE IT'S OBVIOUSLY THE MOST SUPERIOR STAT.

You're hilarious.  Anyways, there are set skills now.  My base game was kind of crappy, so I've changed the skills.  I'd suppose a combination of Craftsmanship and Blunt Weapons would be your deal.  Or ranged weapons, which your post reminded needed to be added.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 07:36:29 pm by Baradine »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2012, 07:42:43 pm »

Guess I'm happy with shooting things and running away.

Is there NO possible way to increase my dexterity in the character sheet though? 18 seems like a pretty limited max. I don't want to wait until  I can get it up higher in-game!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 07:47:46 pm by Caerwyn »

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2012, 08:54:39 pm »

Reserve as spot for me if possible.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 08:56:57 pm »

An 18 is at the level of an Olympic Athlete.  Those maxes simply indicate the peak level any normal human can reach.  For reference, a 15 is the average human who runs once every two weeks.  A sixteen would be around the level of someone who would qualify for State in College.  17 would be someone like a masterful street runner.  And, as stated before, 18 is at the level of an Olympic Athlete.

Reserve as spot for me if possible.

And done.  Once everyone's sheets have been finalized, we may begin.  I lied.  We can start right now, since there is no direct Characterization needed. 

Also, just pointing out, it's okay to not play for a while, if you really need to (unless you're in the arena).  You can simply lounge around.  However, don't just not post.  Since this is not a team based game (Sometimes) it's fine if you can't post if you really can't get to a computer.  However, prior notice will be required.  A char won't be deleted until at least two weeks of inactivity.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:08:26 pm by Baradine »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 09:14:47 pm »

Well...Yay. I guess that works, too. It makes sense now! Thanks!

Also: When do we start?

Edit: Off to finish up Deus Ex.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:20:43 pm by Caerwyn »

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - An Arena Style RTD- Turn 0
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 10:07:39 pm »

Turn 0

The purple creature ungags you, and lifts your foot restrains (but does not cut the rope), and says, "This way please...." inciting you to follow him(?).  You exit the room and follow Reno down a long white corridor.  It is several minutes before you reach a door.  It looks like a normal door, except for the keypad above the knob.  Nero hits a password that takes him at least two minutes two finish.  It seems you aren't going to be getting out of here very easily.  Reno pushes you through the door.

The room is huge.  It looks to be at least 400 cubic feet in area, having a relative square shape, except for some outcroppings and indentations.  The color scheme is extremely different from the bland whiteness you have seen from the rest of the complex.  The floor seems to be mostly made out of a substance you take for concrete.  The walls and ceiling seem to be made out of wood, albeit fairly unkempt wood.  There seem to be a small training ground in the southwestern area, with chairs, tables and a few gondola's filling the rest of the area.  Although you can't see it too well, there seem to be five exits (other than the one you just came from) to the area.

However, the most surprising thing is the large amount of... beings occupying the hall.  You can estimate there are at least 200.  They range from people who look very similar to humans, to grotesque Lovecraftian Abominations (surprisingly, they don't induce madness).

Reno quietly coughs and starts to speak, "I am supposed to teach you about the general, um, process for the arena.  There-"

A loud voice speaks up, "Hey Reno, why don't you let me handle this?"

The voice belongs to something you could loosely describe as an anthropomorphic tiger.  It really just looks like a tiger with a straightened back, standing on two legs.  Reno stares at the tiger-being for a good few seconds before looking down and saying, "Okay....".  It simply walks away, puts in the absurdly long password to the door, and walks through.

The tiger-being turns to you, and his face contorts into what you guess is a grin and cuts the rope, saying, "New recruits, eh?  Can't say you're very lucky.  Your species doesn't look very strong... No offense, of course!  My name's Deltorran.  My species is called the Imboar.  What's your species called?"  You tell him, "Human, huh?  Sounds weird... of course, I'm sure my species name is weird to you as well!

"Anyways, since I volunteered for it, I guess I'll give you the rundown of the procedures here at the Ceclasian Tournament.  Generally, what you do, is enter arena matches.  Matches can be a wide variety of things (I'm not allowed to tell you specifics), so watch out.  You register for a match over there, by those large gates, with that guard.  You can enter up to ten people on your side for a single tournament.  Or you could do it solo.  Matches, of course, do get harder the more teammates there are, so don't think having friends is a free pass.  Oh, and you can have a match whenever you please, but don't really expect to improve too much without going through a bit of hardship. You can exit your match at anytime, but that doesn't come without consequences.  They take you somewhere, and you don't come back for a day or so.  The people who have forfeited look like they were tortured, so watch out.  However, the worst thing about forfeiting is that you lose all your progress.  You start again at round one.

"Other than that, there are several things you can do.  You can hang out here, the Foyer.  Not really much to do here, except for shop at a few of the stores, those are the gondolas, and train at that area over there.  There is better training area, it's at the hall to the North East, but you can't go in there 'till you've beaten 2 matches.  Next is the Armory, which is to the North West.  You get a bit of free gear, but you have to buy better gear from the prize money you get through the matches.  Ah, which reminds me, you get paid on how fast and... stylish you complete the match.  You do  get money for simply winning the match, but speed and style get you more.

"Anyways, next is the Barracks.  You can get to the Barracks through either the Hallway to the South West or East, since they're connected.  Anyways, the barracks is where you sleep.  How you get to your room is a little weird, though.  There's this shimmering thing that you have to stand in front of, and state whose room you want to go to, and if you want anyone accompanying you.  Of, course, you can't just go to anyone's room, the owner of the room has to state permission for you to enter.  Your room starts off pretty spartan, but you can buy some upgrades through one of the gondolas.

"Lastly is the Mess Hall.  Pretty self explanatory (Free food).  There is better food, much better food, sold through the gondolas, but spending your money on that will have to wait until you've built up a bit of fortune, if you're smart.  Here's some maps precisely so you remember:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And one last thing.  After you've beaten your second round, come to me.  I'll teach you guys some stuff," He finishes, and then stalks off.

What will you do?

I'll add full character sheets once everyone has made theirs.  Also, you cannot post an action until you have completed an approved character sheet.

mcclay needs to make a sheet.  And Caerwyn, you have one point too many in attributes.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 02:21:06 pm by Baradine »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 12:25:39 am »

Krokus rubbed at his eyes and stared in bewilderment at his surroundings. Weird purple things, talking tigers...
Eventually he decided he was hallucinating. "Yes," he muttered to himself, "That is the only explanation. May as well make it a good dream, eh?"
So saying, he strode off towards the armory. The best dreams always involved weaponry...

>Go to the armory, see what free gear is on offer! Hopefully there will be a machete or similiar.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2012, 11:46:13 am »

Krokus rubbed at his eyes and stared in bewilderment at his surroundings. Weird purple things, talking tigers...
Eventually he decided he was hallucinating. "Yes," he muttered to himself, "That is the only explanation. May as well make it a good dream, eh?"
So saying, he strode off towards the armory. The best dreams always involved weaponry...

>Go to the armory, see what free gear is on offer! Hopefully there will be a machete or similiar.

(Things like this don't take full turn actions, so I'll do some individual half turns sometimes, along with full turns.)

You go to the armory.  It is fairly large, but most most of it is taken up by a large amount of glass cases, making several aisles.  There is a man sitting on a chair near the entrance, and you ask him what you can get for free.

"Newbie, huh?  You can get one Tier 1 weapon, a Tier 1 armor and one other Tier 1 item.  After that, you have to buy everything.  Oh, and we don't buy used items, so don't even try it."

You start looking through glass cases for your preferred gear....

The Armory

All weapons start out with two clips.  Extra Tier one clips are 50 credits.  Tier Two is Twice that, Tier Three is four times that, etc.

Spoiler: Kinetic Firearms (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Energy Firearms (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Melee Weapons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Auxiliary Weapons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Ranged Weapons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Armor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Medical Supplies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Misc. (click to show/hide)

I'll post this on the reserved space under the OP as well, and add the other 6 tiers.

I forgot yet another skill.  Adding Hand to Hand Combat now.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 11:54:27 am by Baradine »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2012, 12:05:58 pm »

Belnor will also head to the arena. He'll get a free Slingshot, and if he can, instead of a free armor, try to get a mod to boost my slingshot's power (There ARE mods...Right?). If not, just get the armor. And if I can, a super-duper awesome free Tier 1 scope for my slingshot, as my item. If that's not available, then grab a Painkiller. Then, head off to sign up for a match!

« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 12:13:35 pm by Caerwyn »

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2012, 12:18:32 pm »

Belnor will also head to the arena. He'll get a free Slingshot, and if he can, instead of a free armor, try to get a mod to boost my slingshot's power (There ARE mods...Right?). If not, just get the armor. And if I can, a super-duper awesome free Tier 1 scope for my slingshot, as my item. If that's not available, then grab a Painkiller. Then, head off to sign up for a match!

You can mod anything you like through the Craftsman skill.  Still, please take away one point from one of your attributes, you're one point over.

And no, you can't switch out your free gets.  You get one weapon, one armor and one extra item.  And a Scope would be Tier two.  Sorry.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2012, 12:20:14 pm »

"Hm. Right." Krokus's gravelly voice sounded strange to him, and he realised he hadn't spoken in years, now.
He cleared his throat and continued- hardly much choice, was there?
"I will take the armour, a painkiller, and..." His voice brightened slightly as his eyes fell upon the rack of blades, "A machete."
Perhaps this would be a good dream, after all...

>Take the above items, then head over to the arena and enter the first fight. Krokus is not a man to waste time sitting around!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2012, 12:24:31 pm »

"Hm. Right." Krokus's gravelly voice sounded strange to him, and he realised he hadn't spoken in years, now.
He cleared his throat and continued- hardly much choice, was there?
"I will take the armour, a painkiller, and..." His voice brightened slightly as his eyes fell upon the rack of blades, "A machete."
Perhaps this would be a good dream, after all...

>Take the above items, then head over to the arena and enter the first fight. Krokus is not a man to waste time sitting around!

Well, you do all of that.  You are entered in a Round One arena match, Solo.  You'll have to wait a bit, since there is a match going on right now (Fighting in the arena is a full Turn action.  So, you just muck around until the full turn comes.)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2012, 12:38:47 pm »

Krokus, at a loose end as he waited around, decided to strike up an awkward conversation with one of his fellow competitors...
Or at least try to, anyway.
He squinted at the various strange faces as he singled one out. 'This is a damned strange dream. Have I been on the toad again? Ehh, it's not so bad.' He patted his machete to calm himself. It was pretty much the same as his own one, just a bit less... Stained.

>Try chatting with one or two of the strange creatures in the vicinity. Try and pick one which looks humanoid, and avoid anything resembling a crocodile or alligator.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2012, 12:44:32 pm »

Krokus, at a loose end as he waited around, decided to strike up an awkward conversation with one of his fellow competitors...
Or at least try to, anyway.
He squinted at the various strange faces as he singled one out. 'This is a damned strange dream. Have I been on the toad again? Ehh, it's not so bad.' He patted his machete to calm himself. It was pretty much the same as his own one, just a bit less... Stained.

>Try chatting with one or two of the strange creatures in the vicinity. Try and pick one which looks humanoid, and avoid anything resembling a crocodile or alligator.

You find someone who looks remarkably human, if you took away the extra two arms.  | You strike up a conversation with him.  After exchanging pleasantries, he tells you his name.

"My name's Kird Onassi.  I've gone through six of these matches myself, but I suppose that's nothing to brag about.  What's your name?  How many matches have you won?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14