Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Reach the End - Turn 15  (Read 15463 times)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Reach the End - Turn 15
« on: July 19, 2012, 10:28:02 pm »

A blinding light fills your eyes.  You faintly notice your ears are ringing as well, and you can hear a muffled, intelligible voice.  For a few seconds all you can see is pure white.  Soon, your vision clears up and you see you are in a blank room.  Well almost blank.  There are four others sitting beside you, tied up.  You realize you are tied up as well.  You look straight ahead, and there stands a strange creature.  It is purple, and it body faintly reminds of an avian species you saw in a documentary.  However, it is rather humanoid, the only features truly making stand out being a few large feathers.  Oh, and being purple.

You see it's mouth moving, but you can't hear any words.  Sudennly, a voice blares "Speak up!", shocking the creature.  It seems to mumble something faintly resembling the word, "Yes."

The weird thingy looks at you, clears his throat and says, "Um, well, I am Reno.  You have been captured and brought here because you have been deemed... worthy of participating in the great Ceclasian Tournament," His words don't seem to match his tone,"What is the great Ceclasian Tournament you ask?"

Your mouth is gagged.

"It is a series of thirty significantly more difficult than the last brutal bouts pairing you up with some of the greatest dangers in the universe.  You will have to use your wit, strength and intelligence (along with a weapon of your choice) to defeat these creatures."

You notice that the bird isn't looking at anyone when he says this, but at the wall behind.  Being able to slightly turn your body, you see a prompt screen directly behind you, having all the words that the creature has said so far on it.

"Now, of course, you can decline to participate in this tournament.  All you have to do is speak the word, right now.  Backing out won't be allowed at any later time."

You stare at the beast incredulously.

"No one wants to leave?  Then let's start, I guess...."

Hello and welcome to Reach the End, a tournament style RTD where you take on round after round of deadly challenges.  You may rest in a special area after each bout.  You are not obligated to fight in the arena, but you cannot leave until you have beaten all thirty rounds.

As for you, my RPer's, you are just normal humans taken from your lives.  You have no special powers, only the abilities that you can be born with on earth.  However, humans have not fully evolved yet, and you may discover something new....

Rules
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your Character Sheet

Attributes

Skills

In case you didn't read the flavor, there are 5 open spots.

1. Caerwyn (Belnor)
2. Yoink (Krokus del Gatoro)
3. Maxinum McDreich (Jonny)
4. IronyOwl (Sera Halkonnen)
5. mcclay

Waitlist:

Fireiy

Tiruin
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 03:06:19 pm by Baradine »

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
Re: Reach the End - An Arena Style RTD
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 11:33:25 pm »

The Armory

All weapons start out with two clips.  Extra Tier one clips are 50 credits.  Tier Two is Twice that, Tier Three is four times that, etc.

Spoiler: Kinetic Firearms (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Energy Firearms (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Melee Weapons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Auxiliary Weapons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Ranged Weapons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Armor (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Medical Supplies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Misc. (click to show/hide)

The Map
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 07:02:28 pm by Baradine »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 11:34:16 pm »

Name: Belnor

Sex: Male

Physical Description: A tall, strange man, Belnor is not what you would call "Attractive". His face just seems...A bit off. Tends to wear simple clothing.

Personality: Aggressive when there's something that he REALLY wants, and a love for tinkering around with low-tech...Anything.

Attributes: (I don't really know why there's a number and then more numbers in brackets...)

Str: 14
End: 14
Dex: 18
Cha: 18
Will: 23
Int: 28

Skills:

Ranged weaponry (10): Crossbows an' shit.

Craftsmanship (10): Slappin' things together.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 03:03:02 pm by Caerwyn »

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 12:00:40 am »

The number in the parenthesis denotes the highest level of points you can place into that attribute (at character creation, you can go beyond during the game).  So change up your stats a little bit, Your strength and endurance are beyond the max.

Also, I forgot (I edited it in the OP) to tell you that you decide what attribute you want your skill to be governed by, within reason (no mathematics skill relying on strength).

Hmm... having two attributes to govern a skill could work.  In general, you would have about half of each attribute added up to reach the minimum requirement.
Skills changed
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 10:43:31 am by Baradine »

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 09:21:25 am »

Come on guys, I need some more players.  I can start with one, but I'd prefer to have at least three.  Do you guys not like my system?  :-[

Edited the rules a bit, attributes give you a relative bonus, and the Multiworld Madness thing is gone.

Edited the skills, there is now a skill list.

Now, that I think about, I really screwed up on the attributes.  I'll explain them in more detail, and change them up a bit too.  I apologize for this, Cearwyn, I keep making you change your stuff.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 12:13:14 pm by Baradine »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 10:58:20 am »

Spoiler: Work in Progress (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 07:05:28 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 05:11:21 pm »

oooh, definately in! Can post once a day as standard, and so long as that's enough, I shall get up a sheet tomorrow (or maybe tonight. Depends how I feel :P)

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 05:12:39 pm »

Sure.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 06:47:43 pm »

I finished my sheet. I think.
Is it alright? :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 06:55:50 pm »

No, unfortunately.  Your Str and End are over the max.  You guys should stop taking points out of Int.  You guys go any lower than 25, I may have to classify your characters as mentally challenged.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 07:02:20 pm »

Oh. My bad. I was going by the '115 points total' to work it out, I forgout about the caps. *facepalm*

E: Should be good, now. My character is so... Squishy.  :-[
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 07:05:59 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 07:07:46 pm »

I edited my stats, gave a few more points to intelligence.

So, by my reckoning...

Intelligence <10 = Dead, Intelligence <25 = Mentally challenged, etc, etc.
Strength <10 = Dead, Strength <25 = Spindly, can't-lift-ten-pounds hobo?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 07:16:23 pm »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Well I'll take high Int. And a skillset that's going to make me useless right up until I get shot in the face.

Still! Now we have someone smart.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 07:21:44 pm »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Well I'll take high Int. And a skillset that's going to make me useless right up until I get shot in the face.

Still! Now we have someone smart.

Friends?

Allies?

Baradine

• Bay Watcher
  • Just some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 07:21:58 pm »

I edited my stats, gave a few more points to intelligence.

So, by my reckoning...

Intelligence <10 = Dead, Intelligence <25 = Mentally challenged, etc, etc.
Strength <10 = Dead, Strength <25 = Spindly, can't-lift-ten-pounds hobo?

No, not really.  10 is the average human male.  Remember that these stats are relevant to every other being in the universe.  That's why all the stats are spread apart (10 for Str, 35 for Int).  At 10 you can lift ~180 pds.  At 15 you can lift approximately 1200.  For intelligence,  I actually put your base at Peak level human genius intelligence.  The average intelligence for a human is actually 28 or so.

Oh. My bad. I was going by the '115 points total' to work it out, I forgout about the caps. *facepalm*

E: Should be good, now. My character is so... Squishy.  :-[

Also, not squishy.  You're pretty much Grigori Rasputin by human standards.  If your intelligence, charisma and will was higher, you'd pretty much be a clone of Batman.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 07:25:59 pm by Baradine »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14