Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 687516 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #7005 on: February 27, 2021, 11:28:38 am »

If you cannot see anything between these arrows, please tell me. There should be a diamond-like symbol in each. The first filled, the second hollow. Thanks.

A) ---> ◈ <----
B) ---> ◇ <----
Awesome With Autism

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7006 on: February 27, 2021, 11:40:19 am »

They display fine for me on Firefox via Windows 7, and on my android phone.  The exact appearance is going to depend on the viewer of course.  For example, on my phone the empty diamond is considerably larger than the filled one, where on Firefox the diamonds and other symbols are perfectly aligned.

Edit: Oh oops, yeah, the first diamond isn't fully filled, it's like Scriver said (on both environments).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 11:43:21 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #7007 on: February 27, 2021, 11:41:10 am »

Yes to both.

A isn't completely filled though, there's a filled white core, then a space, then a white shell/border.
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7008 on: February 27, 2021, 12:32:49 pm »

That one's filled. :)

Then there is these two...

♦♢

Or these two...

⬪⬫
or these two...
⬧⬨
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 12:35:28 pm by wierd »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #7009 on: February 27, 2021, 02:32:56 pm »

^Thanks guys.

For example, on my phone the empty diamond is considerably larger than the filled one
Trouble you for a screengrab?
Awesome With Autism

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7010 on: February 27, 2021, 03:48:40 pm »

Certainly!
Or here it is scaled down for convenience:

Whereas here's a slapdash composite from my Windows 7 Firefox, which notably lacks some of the Unicode wierd used which my phone recognized.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #7011 on: February 27, 2021, 05:05:21 pm »

Whew, glad you showed me the firefox one, almost went with the diamonds.

...How about these(wont trouble you for a screenshot this time, I get the idea):

▲ ▼
★ ☆
★ ☆
✦ ✧
↗ ↘
∧ ∨
⏶⏷
✔ ✖
⬈ ⬊
⮝ ⮟
⮭ ⮯

Any pairs where both appear in color/same size, on everything, without converting to an emoji?

Edit: Oh I see, the solid diamond from weird is the same size as the hollow, thanks <3
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 05:44:10 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7012 on: February 27, 2021, 06:04:03 pm »

It's no trouble, and I found the results interesting:

Sorry they're not lined up, but the sizes are really different still.  Left is from my computer, right from my phone.  The lack of space makes row 7 look pretty funny!
She/they

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • light
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #7013 on: February 27, 2021, 09:56:27 pm »

Is imgur no longer a valid format for avatars here? (yes I know it needs to be changed from https to http)

I ask because I was about to change it, when I realized my last one wasn't hosted on imgur, cause it wasn't working then too. Relatively new probably.

Trying actually crashes the page.

I know older avatars from imgur continue to stay visible, just saving them now doesn't. (experiment at your own risk!)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 10:01:12 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7014 on: February 27, 2021, 10:34:42 pm »

That does seem to be the case. I just tried it without success. And I'm not the only one.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7015 on: February 28, 2021, 02:08:31 am »

I've been completely locked out of my albums on imgur (luckily just DF images and a half finished lets play) for a while now. I get their "zoinks you've taken a wrong turn" whenever I try to navigate away from the mainpage. I have to use a VPN to access imgur, which is known to make things go screwy on a few sites, so that might also be the culprit.

I'm guessing something is changing in how they redirect info, but I have no clue what that could be.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7016 on: February 28, 2021, 02:11:52 am »

Everyone should just use postimages.org instead.  No muss, no fuss.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7017 on: February 28, 2021, 02:34:14 am »

I've been completely locked out of my albums on imgur (luckily just DF images and a half finished lets play) for a while now. I get their "zoinks you've taken a wrong turn" whenever I try to navigate away from the mainpage. I have to use a VPN to access imgur, which is known to make things go screwy on a few sites, so that might also be the culprit.

I'm guessing something is changing in how they redirect info, but I have no clue what that could be.
I'm getting that reliably right now when I try to view all my images (not posts - that works, and is a different thing).  When it's "username.imgur.com/all", it gives me that zoinks page.

I've been getting that for a long time, actually, though I've always been in too much of a hurry or a state to properly investigate it.  I usually just cropped the /all off the end, which goes to the list of posts.

Ironically I'm pretty sure I have some pictures of imgur *completely* pooping the bed during a bad time, but I can't find them because I can't access the list of all images.  They're hidden within some post-collection.  Well played, imgur, well played.
She/they

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7018 on: February 28, 2021, 03:38:26 am »

I haven't been able to look at anything from Imgur from for a long time, even things that have been linked from there that have posted here.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #7019 on: February 28, 2021, 03:41:36 am »

Everyone should just use postimages.org instead.  No muss, no fuss.

Holy shit, it's way better than Imgur. Look at this in the FAQ:
Images uploaded by both anonymous uploads and free accounts are limited to 24Mb and 10k x 10k pixels.

Now, I'm a bit unclear on whether that's megabytes or megabits. If it's megabytes, it's exactly as I'd interpret it. Megabits, and it's actually 3 megabytes. I just tested it out, and it is indeed at least 16 megabytes, so the upload limit is actually 24 megabytes, which is absurd to me. I tried uploading a file larger than that, and it specified "24 MiB", mebibytes. I'm gonna have a field day with this.

It doesn't seem to specify what formats it works with. It appears that it supports a lot of formats.

However, all images that aren't JPEG, PNG, or GIF are automatically converted to JPEG/PNG. Of the formats I've tested:

• WebP -> PNG
• HEIC/HEIF -> JPEG
• TIFF (uncompressed) -> PNG
• PDF -> PNG
• SVG -> scaled to raster, resolution determined by nominal resolution -> PNG

There are some more obscure/intermediary formats it doesn't recognize, though.

• JPEG XR (Mostly dead by now)
• AVIF (Very new; first specification released in 2019)
• TGA (obscure format for a true-color graphics adapter first released in 1987)
• PSD (Why would it?)
• RAW, headerless raw image data [Other camera-specific formats also called "RAW" may be supported]

Still, the fact that it's converting them means that my quality-obsessed ass will convert photos to JPEG/PNG beforehand (you never know how much compression they do to these things), but it's nice that it doesn't reject other formats outright. I'm a bit salty that WebP isn't directly supported, but I get it. MacOS and iOS didn't get support for that format until last year with Big Sur and iOS 14. Oh, I so want an image host that supports it, but then I'd leave out users with older Apple devices that don't get updates.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 04:06:54 am by methylatedspirit »
Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 637