Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 687764 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #4620 on: October 17, 2018, 06:42:03 pm »

Is clipping one's nails on the train an evil deed?       
Only if you do it in a way that people can hear you and you don't clean up after yourself. Also, no one should see or smell your feet, socks, or shoes. A good rule for life is just don't affect other people's lives and you're free of sin.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: October 17, 2018, 06:47:22 pm »

In general, I'd say yes. I lack specifics, but nail clipping tends to result in flying pieces of unpredictable 'shrapnel', is generally not thought of as clean, and is not something fellow train-goers would want to see happening.

I'd recommend waiting until off the train, myself.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: October 17, 2018, 07:08:46 pm »

Oh, I definitely wouldn't take off my footwear and clip my toenails in public.
Though I also definitely wouldn't clean up after myself. Hypothetically! This is all hypothetical. Yes.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: October 17, 2018, 11:17:30 pm »

New question, sorry for the double post but it is of the utmost importance.
Which hashtag is funnier: "#somewherebehindtheyellowline" or "#fromsomewherebehindtheyellowline"?

For context, here our train stations are decorated with bright yellow safety lines warning folks to stay a safe distance from the tracks, and one is warned at every opportunity to always "stay behind the yellow line".
A hashtag like this will be the perfect way to poetically spice up my bored waiting-for-public transport photographs and avoid just settling for something bland like "#trains" or "#wherethefuckisthetrain" or "#hurrdurrpublictransport".
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: October 18, 2018, 02:29:13 am »

I made a comment yesterday about our own public transport yellow lines, actually...

"The yellow zone is for hopping only, do not stand in the yellow zone"

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: October 18, 2018, 02:31:29 am »

That's a bit dark. Please do not consider.

Also @HereBehindTheYellowLine

Edit: I meant # I know how to use Twittyer I swear I'm not horribly outdated and unhip
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 02:33:11 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4626 on: October 18, 2018, 09:39:41 am »

Oh, I definitely wouldn't take off my footwear and clip my toenails in public.
Though I also definitely wouldn't clean up after myself. Hypothetically! This is all hypothetical. Yes.
Just use an emery board, nail waste is acceptable in powder form, your nails also look pretty as fuck.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: October 20, 2018, 03:45:09 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:52:22 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: October 20, 2018, 03:52:01 pm »

Anyone got any vegetarian meals that are pretty decent? Preferably ones that don't include avocados since those are the devil's fruit.
Bread. Bread is nice.

Alternatively, vegetarian tacos using a black bean chili and fresh green salsa. Guacamole optional if one feels strongly about avocados.

Spoiler: Bean Chili (click to show/hide)

There's a lot of wiggle room and eyeballing involved. My family is historically not very good at either writing or following instructions.

Spoiler: Green 'Salsa' (click to show/hide)

Again, a lot of improvisation involved, and I have no idea how that all translates to local store packaging of the various veggies.

Additional sides can include sour cream/yoghurt, shredded cheese, bell pepper strips, whatever else you feel like tacking on. Pretty simple, but there's a lot of chopping involved. Tends to make a lot of food, leftover salsa goes well in omelets and leftover chili is honestly pretty robust as far as leftovers go... Toss some into a quesadilla, warm it up and eat it as-is, or even use it as a bean dip for tortilla chips.

Raspberry margarita recipe sold separately.

EDIT: Also, there's a kitchen/cooking thread just over yon, might attract more professional answers from there.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: October 20, 2018, 04:00:06 pm »

Pasta aglio e olio;
Baked tomato or baked pumpkin soup;
Broccoli & cheddar soup;
Fondue;
Olivier salad;

The first two don't have any dairy in them. The last one is best with eggs (but still optional).

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: October 20, 2018, 04:45:03 pm »

A fellow on these forums what seems a while ago now said something along the lines of "great cooking is only done with the tears of Italians." My memory has probably butchered it, but nevertheless the intended message is clear.

Go beat up some Italians and harvest their tears. Strike the pastards.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: October 20, 2018, 05:14:15 pm »

I mean, majority of it is just me trying to reduce meat in my diet because the amount I eat now can't be good for me.

Although, from unrelated reading around acne can be caused by dairy products, and I'm gonna give a dairy-free few weeks a go once I've used up the last of my milk, see if that helps with my still-slightly-spotty face.
I cut sugar and dairy out of my diet when I was going through my plague eruptions. I have the genetic background for a truly apocalyptic facial reckoning, so I didn't want to give the acne gods any more reasons than strictly necessary.

As an interesting note, I completely lost my sweet tooth. I can barely stomach a glass of soda these days because it's simply too sugary... A couple pieces of dark chocolate or other comparatively low-sugar treat is fine, but a lot of the mainstream stuff is just way beyond my tolerance levels these days.

My cheese tooth, on the other hand... Now that's another story.

Anyways, beans are pretty great. Black turtle beans are, if I recall correctly, the greatest known source of non-heme dietary iron, handily beating out spinach and other such poster children of nutrition. Plus, they're tasty.

Check out some proper Indian recipes. While the most widespread (outside of India) dishes are meat-based, India has a considerable vegetarian population and most dishes either have vegetarian counterparts or are just straight up meat-free from the start. LOTS of butter/ghee though, and many dishes require a fair amount of preparation, so be prepared (hah).

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4632 on: October 21, 2018, 04:27:24 am »

Yeah there's a lot of great vegetarian Indian cooking. Along with the ghee it often involves paneer, which is easy enough to make but I at least don't see it in shops, so you have to commit the time and effort to make it from scratch.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: October 21, 2018, 05:59:37 am »

Any cuisine that involved the sound of happiness as an ingredient is a ok in my book.
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: October 23, 2018, 03:56:37 am »

Anyone else getting http not secure warnings as soon as they start typing in the text field for a post?
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 637